12 6.2%

14 7.2%

16 8.2%

10 5.2%

39 20.1%

• Total voters

hijirio

Veteran
This is a love-hate song, and looks like the people who prepared the running order hate this song, they didn't bother slaughtering it by putting it after Israel

Krishoes

For some reason I ended up loving the "original" studio version of this song but... wtf is that revamp? Lord, RIP.

lacrymea

I actually love this song. Only heard the studio version though. But i really like it and placed it high in my top 10.

Too bad the running order just sent it to the slaughter house.

mauve

Veteran
I actually love this song. Only heard the studio version though. But i really like it and placed it high in my top 10.

Too bad the running order just sent it to the slaughter house.

Nah. His live version sent it already to the slaughterhouse.

vavera4ka

Not sure why Israel is supposed to slaughter Belarus.
And I MUCH prefer Israel over this
But the songs are SO different... I doubt it'll matter. It's like you need something soothing to calm the receptors after aggressively delicious meal that is hitting all the taste buds. Provided he sings it correctly lol but in vacuum, assuming a perfect performance from both artists, idk how it's a disadvantage...
As for Estonia... I still don't understand the hype. Actually... I remember all the hype surrounding other classical voice acts in prior years... aaaaand... yeah... nothing came out of it.
This is more relatable and approachable to an average viewer.

So I wouldn't be so sure that Alekseev is in a bad spot. It still all boils down to staging and (in his case particularly) pitch.

carl1

He was never going to qualify anyway, but at least the producers have a sense of humour, putting Alekseev's awful vocals before Elina lmao

CaraMia

Come on, there wasn't even any need to have a country performing between Israel and Estonia! The music styles are completely different. EBU is just wicked for making any country perform in the middle of these two songs. I can't stop watching that part of the recap and feel sorry for Belarus (even if it is not one of my favourites whatsoever).

Sean

Admin
Staff member
So did the EBU confirm the new version or...? They're still using the old one in recaps etc

Miguel

I am impressed by the new version! It is arresting. The dramatic approach in the first minute is really something. Alekseev has a great tone. I am confident he will do well after all the preparations. I may like the original version a bit more, but this one could get more jury love.

"Forever" won the ultimate Wiwibloggs poll "Who should win Eurovision 2018?" with 8%. The poll has more than 44,000 votes. Not that I care too much about fan rankings and polls, but it is great to see a base supporting this. It has been rough, and I hope he does not focus too much on the negativity.

vavera4ka

Hey, who knew he can actually sing in tune lol

This was actually decent. Beginning is still too low for him and it takes him few bars to get comfortable once he goes into higher register, but....

Miguel

Alekseev performed "Forever" on Estonia's ETV (video). The new version suits him better on stage. I am relieved after this. It was a great decision to go ahead with this version as it is more appropiate for a live performance, while we can still enjoy the other one in studio format. He just needs to relax a bit more, but this is moving in the right direction.

Alaska49

i think the new version sounds stupid but if he's not butchering it then it's a smart decision

mauve

Veteran
IOTAP I really don't know what to make of Belarus ... I really liked the original video. Then I hated the live version because he couldn't hit the notes. Now this new version, his singing is better, but I miss the Musical vibes from the original version. Unfortunately it doesn't sound so good anymore.

lolita

Now it sounds more boring and even more dated. First version was better, I just started to like it, and then he changed it.

Kairit

I am iffy about the new version, because I really liked and was attached to the one before that and I think it does remove a bit of the punch :( ... But this still has the best melody of the year by far and that is its strong point. The melancholic melody and feeling is unmatched and it's quality Russian pop at its best for me, very well executed. My mom adores this song, and she grew up with "Russian disco" and loves nostalgic melodies as much as me. Even if he wasn't popular in Russian audiences, this would still get a lot of votes from Eastern Europe and I can definetly see it doing quite well thanks to that. Plus he has been getting better and I'm sure they'll get the performance into a good state in time.

VikingTiger

i think the new version sounds stupid but if he's not butchering it then it's a smart decision

Alekseev chose to go to Israel for the official butchering of the song...
Well - much better than in the NF.... but his english, his falsetto, his total lack of stage personality..... xcry

I would love to hear the song with another, able singer. Because I find this really beautiful melodically - and also the arrangement.

mauve

Veteran
Alekseev chose to go to Israel for the official butchering of the song...
Well - much better than in the NF.... but his english, his falsetto, his total lack of stage personality..... xcry

I would love to hear the song with another, able singer. Because I find this really beautiful melodically - and also the arrangement.

You are not alone there ...xcry

DirtyFalcon

IMO, The new version lacks of personality. The old version had her own mark who maked the song really memorable and oustanding. Now something is missing. Ok the melody is better but the song is has lost his epic side

Top Bottom