21 10.8%

13 6.7%

15 7.7%

15 7.7%

7 3.6%

20 10.3%

• Total voters

toinou03

Uzari was good, but the staging too simple maybe.

And really, Maimuna... She was nowhere. She was useless, twirling around with her violin and making as we say in French a burrial face... What was that ??? This could have gone through !

Fluke

It's okay but boring, nothing really stood out. Belarus needs to try harder, they seem to send very skillful artists but underworked, flat and generic songs every year. They seem to have a very fixed idea of what an ESC entry should be, that's very old-fashioned and totally irrelevant today, if it ever was relevant. They need to learn from Ukraine, Armenia and Azerbaijan how to do the best with what they got....

megzypegzy999

A worse song qualified for them last year in my opinion, The name was good though I love cheesecake me.

niko

Banned
The backdrop was scandalously bad!
The whole staging was horrible.

Uzari is a great singer, Maimuna is a great violin player and their NF performance was GREAT! The song was also good enough for the final.

What went wrong, Belarus? :(

LakZaNokte

nothing interesting here.
too bad, maimuna is well known and great musician but everything was off on that stage. too bad.

5 pts just cause of maimuna

Sammy

Veteran
I started to dislike the song a little less after their performance, and then they don't qualify....

Carrie

They really should have had the hour glass on stage. That would have seen them into the final... even so, Time is great and deserved to make it.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

That makes me sad tbh. Nice scene between them.

That is adorable. So sad he didn't make it, but they just didn't really wow Eurovision as much as they could have.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I don't think that non-qualification is coming as a surprise. Both artists are very likeable in person so I'm sad for them of course. That being said, I just don't think the song itself has a lot going for it and the staging fell flat as well. Belarus did not choose the strongest song from their NF and now they had to pay the price for that unfortunately.

IncognitoGH

I actually really enjoyed the performance. He did well. Shame he didn't get through as I would have liked to hear the song again

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think it's sad that these two didn't make it. In the end I was thinking they'd just miss out but I don't believe they deserved such a fate. It wasn't exceptional by any stretch of the imagination, and it could have been so much more with striking staging (where was the hourglass?). It was still strong enough though and worthy of a place in the final. What makes it even sadder is how nice they both seemed.

kamc

Belarus was the one song I really wanted to qualify:(
I can understand why it didn't though as the staging was just so uninspired which was disappointing for a song that could have come up with some really cool concepts.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
This is one of the songs where the video was better than any live performance they could do. I just wish they had kept more themes from it; then they may have stood a chance!

SwissKung

I would have voted for it if I could :( but thanks anyway Belarus for this great song, the first one from your country that I really like.

Dante

I think Belarus failed because of the expectations as well. Judging only by the video, it is still in my top 10, but the live performance lacked so many things. The staging was so boring and I think it was a missed opportunity, they could have played with the idea in so many ways. Having an instrument on stage can really help if it is put in a proper way, but they chose to make everything so common.

Iuris

I missed them in the final, jo. :( Many people said during the rehearsal that the performance would be bland, but camera work made a great job here, I think.

Top Bottom