Contact us

Basketball (in general)

vikis

I haven' t found any existing thread for basketball, so I guess I'll start one. Anyone interested in NBA or EuroLeague?

Citelis

Basketball is very famous in some countries like Greece, Lithuania, Turkey etc but in many other people don't know it at all! But even in european countries that basketaball is popular usually football is way more popular! Lithuania must be one of the few countries in Europe that basketball is more popular than football!
Here in Greece we are successful in basketball (see Olympiacos and Panathnaikos in EuroLeague) but still football is more popular!!

JSSArcos

I like basketball, unfortunately in Portugal is not very famous (20 years ago was a very important sport in Portugal, but after bad results basketball lost many fans)...

I do not usually follow the NBA,nor European leagues ... I follow the Portuguese basketball championship, I usually watch 1 game per journey,is also usually accompany the Europeans and of course I watch all the matches of Portugal

vikis

Yeah, football in Lithuania just sucks. although it's quite popular here. Basketball is Nr.1 in Lithuania, that's it. I follow NBA, Euroleague, our domestic league pretty closely, and I'am always watching World Cup or EuroBasket (it's just sucks that FIBA decided to mess up the calendar so badly). At least we've already qualified for the WC, so we shall see how it goes. My favorite team is Žalgiris, they've done a fantastic job for the last 2 years, and as long as Šaras stays as the head coach, success will continue.

Citelis

Zalgiris is selling more tickets than any other team in EuroLeague i read somewhere!

vikis

Zalgiris is selling more tickets than any other team in EuroLeague i read somewhere!

That's true, Žalgiris is probably the biggest sporting franchise in the Baltic, and we have a lot of fans from Latvia and Estonia watching games in arena as well. We'll have another sell-out against CSKA on Friday.

Citelis

Interesting also that 2nd on tickets sales is Panathinaikos! And this Saturday is the Greek EuroLeague derby between Olympiacos and Panathinaikos!

choda

I like Zalgiris in Euroleague because it really reminds me on Partizan, great fans, amazing energy and superb atmosphere. Hope we'll be back in EL, cause we belong there.

Top Bottom