Contact us

Barbara Dex Award

Fluke

So who's going for it this year?
I'd say so far, Norway and Malta seem to be contenders....

mauve

Veteran
Well ... Malta and also Romania to me.

Ezio

Veteran
Me

burrito

i hope not Tix, i love this cheesiness
but yeah, probably Destiny for now

Gitte

Honestly everyone in semi 1 is in the running?
Slovenia's jumpsuit is nice. I of course also like certain other outfits a lot, but generally yes. They need to hire new stylists. I volunteer.

(This could technically be my job in a couple years as I study a pretty appropriate bachelor for that.)

tuorem

In semi 1, I would nominate:

Barbara Dex Please
:mt: I just can't: the colour, the fringes, the boots... It does not do Destiny justice at all imo.
:ro: This is like the most random choice for a performance. I don't vibe with this "90's emo girl for dummies" looks.

Danger zone
:il: Eden's outfit looks better up close than from a distance, but the patterns do not look that pretty imo. I like the cut though.

I will spare Azerbaijan because I like most of Efendi's outfit, I would ditch the shoulder pads tbh.

Apart from these, even if some are just meh, they are not worthy of that prize to me. Hard to judge Montaigne's since there are two different outfits in the preview.

On the contrary, since we always talk about the crappy outfits, I'll mention the ones I appreciate the most: xlove

Tuorem approved
:ua: That black dress combined with the neon green fluffly jacket is the definition of classiness meets edginess. Love it.
:be: Simple but effective turtle-neck black dress with sparkles and high boots. It fits Geike's hairstyle so much.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Norway's is part of the concept of the performance. It would be like Verka winning, which was totally unfair imo

i still think azerbaijan's lack of neck is worse than malta's outfit, by the way.

tomos2019

I like the rehearsal of Malta more than the actual song, not less, even if I admit that's not saying much considering I personally find Latvia's song the more rounded package! I had a feeling the ''popular opinion'' would be incomprehensible to me as usual!

Loindici

Veteran
So, who are your contenders for the Barbara Dex?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Worst for me so far:

86d3dd4a28c6347092e69b3da14c7d3a.jpg

There's something about the puffy shirt that just bugs me tremendously, and then there's the white giant shoes... Oooof I'm just really not into the look.

Besides Switzerland, there's the other bookies favourite, Malta. It's super garish. Gives me eliminated on week 1 of Drag Race vibes. Far too much hot pink not just on Destiny but her backing dancers too. And I think what totally makes it a miss is that the colour scheme doesn't feel fitting for the song.

Notable mentions: Romania, Azerbaijan

Best dressed:

Albania, Austria, Ukraine, Slovenia 🙌

Anxhela I think tops everyone so far. She's looking ridiculously beautiful and expensive.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Worst for me so far:

86d3dd4a28c6347092e69b3da14c7d3a.jpg

There's something about the puffy shirt that just bugs me tremendously, and then there's the white giant shoes... Oooof I'm just really not into the look.

Besides Switzerland, there's the other bookies favourite, Malta. It's super garish. Gives me eliminated on week 1 of Drag Race vibes. Far too much hot pink not just on Destiny but her backing dancers too. And I think what totally makes it a miss is that the colour scheme doesn't feel fitting for the song.

Notable mentions: Romania, Azerbaijan

Best dressed:

Albania, Austria, Ukraine, Slovenia 🙌

Anxhela I think tops everyone so far. She's looking ridiculously beautiful and expensive.
İs this picture Switzerland or San Marino? They are really like twins

Top Bottom