Contact us

Barbara Dex Award 2019

Fluke

No thread about this yet, strangely, so who are the contenders? The obvious ones of those we've seen so far:

Belarus
Cyprus
Iceland
Portugal

Austria, Romania, Switzerland and Greece could also get high spots, especially if they add something more we haven't seen yet.

And of course we haven't seen the DTF countries yet, but i got a feeling Germany and Spain might be contenders, possibly France if they try to be adventurous.

Out of them, i'd say Cyprus personally. Absolutely dreadful, and even worse than the first rehearsal outfit, for an equally dreadful song!

Grinch

Portugal.

Also France can be good contender.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Easily Belgium. The whole point is it's supposed to be who was blind as a bat when they looked in the mirror. The terribly misguided looks that spoil the chances of a song. I hate when the award goes to artists like Conan and Hatari. They might be weird and crazy but they're artists with clear visions and it's part of their thing, their persona. The only thing that orange.... whatever it's supposed to be wrapped around Eliot's body is a part of is what's called a mistake. Might be able to use it to stop some traffic after the contest is over at least.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
the idea of Bdex is singling out the acts that completely destroyed themselves with awful, avoidable fashion choices. The first semi is a fashion DISASTER but neither Conan nor Hatari are even close to the most insipid outfits of the crop. Belgium, Belarus, Cyprus, Poland, Montenegro (I'm surprised they aren't mentioned more often, but bad couture is a tier 4 concern with them, I guess) and Finland are all worse and would effortlessly win BDex in most years.

hijirio

Veteran
My candidates are

:fi:
:pt:
:mk:
:be:
:al:

joancamo

The whole semi 1 contestants deserve the Barbara Dex, the clothes this year are hideous

tomos2019

This is quite a controversial opinion but to be totally honest I don't agree with the Barbara Dex award, the story of why it was invented makes me think badly of the people who came up with it and it certainly doesn't make me want to visit the House of Eurovision website. What were they even doing spending all that time on the internet in 1993? It's things like that that make me think I need to spend less time on the internet.

Ezio

Veteran
My pick for Barbara Dex award is Tamta. She looks like a sex doll.

Brandt

Portugal is supposed to be authentic but it is just weird. It doesn't really have any sorts of disposition unlike how it is intended to be. It would have been a fair winner.

PinchyCrabstina

Since Verka Serduchka once received this award I just can't take it seriously.

As for bad outfits in general though Montenegro probably takes the cake for me.

ag89

I assume somebody from the Balkans will take it, we are good in winning this.

Top Bottom