Contact us

Balearica Island has the kinda beat that goes RATATA (NSC 227)

How should the Balearica Island 150 entries milestone be celebrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
The timezone should be fine if you host it at night (for you guys) as it would be at some point in the afternoon for me.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
The timezone should be fine if you host it at night (for you guys) as it would be at some point in the afternoon for me.

Anytime early September would work best for me.

So late evening in early September then. :) Don't really want to do it too late tho. I was planning to enjoy this too, and I need to keep the volume down a bit after 23:00, because of neighbors. So I would probably want to start around 21:00. :)

Morty

Re: Balearica Island got the moves like Jagger (NSC 197)

The DJs From Mars Techno Bootleg of Billie Eilish and Oxia failed to qualify to the final, but 13th is a pretty good result for a mashup, so I'm not too disappointed. Thanks to everyone who voted for it! :D

For NSC 197, I had a plan that I was really set on sticking to, as I've been planning it for several months. But then Eskimo Callboy released "We Got The Moves" last week, and my plan was changed. I became a fan of Eskimo Callboy after Zechonia sent Hypa Hypa in NSC 183, I really loved the mix of metal and hardstyle in that song, and I've bought Hypa Hypa t-shirts, and the Hypa Hypa Edition of the MMXX album, which features 6 cover versions of Hypa Hypa (including Vylkuzeme 187 artist Saltatio Mortis, Viola Per Sempre 82 and 105 artist The BossHoss, Saint Joe & Southgulfia 27 artist Sasha, and Zechonia 195 artist WBTBWB). :D And now, they've released a follow-up to Hypa Hypa. We Got The Moves is also a crazy mix of everything, they go all in with their videos, and I've seen them be called "the Little Big of metal" (which might also be helped by the fact that Little Big and Eskimo Callboy made "Nightlife" together). I think it's great, so my initial NSC 197 plan gets pushed to NSC 198 instead, and the NSC 197 entry for ::bal is Eskimo Callboy - We Got The Moves:

Also, this has nothing to do with "Moves Like Jagger", sorry about the clickbait headline. I just couldn't resist. :p

New spinoff happening as well, and this time ::bal is back. :D Couldn't miss the Slutfiesta. ;) But I actually don't know which entry I'm in with, because I sent two (one of them was a backup in case the first one was taken), so you're just gonna have to wait until the LL to see what I've sent. :)

As for the Balearica Island 150 entries celebration, I haven't forgotten about it. ;) But it will happen a bit later than I intended. Last weekend was the initial plan, but I was too busy. This weekend I won't be home, but the following weekend should be all good unless the side effects from my second vaccine shot get severe. So the plan is either Friday 17th or Saturday 18th, but this also depends on the NSC 197 LL. :)

Morty

I've got some bad news. Turns out finding the time for the 150 entries celebration has been a lot trickier than I thought. I also realized that I can't actually host a room on BeatSense without signing up, and for a one night show, the price was a bit high. Realizing this wasn't actually free has made me appreciate the LLs and Natiaclub even more tho. xheart

However, I'm not going to just put the entire celebration on the shelf, as I always had a backup plan. Posting them in this thread, which also got a vote in the poll. So stay tuned for that, the first part will come soon. ;)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
You don't have to pay for it? At least, I've never paid for mine.

There are also other free options there like cytube, pubby, watch2gether, turntable, etc.

Morty

Beatsense IS free though! It's just easier to use with more options on the paid version...

Doesn't look like I can create any rooms without subscribing. No option to create a room in My BeatZone either, which I would assume would be the place to go to do that...

lgQpYwE.png

How about hosting it on Veronika's channel? Afaik she only uses it for NSC.

You don't have to pay for it? At least, I've never paid for mine.

There are also other free options there like cytube, pubby, watch2gether, turntable, etc.

That could all work, but it doesn't solve my ongoing issues of finding time for it. :/

Morty

Re: Balearica Island hangs around (NSC 198)

"We Got The Moves" got an awesome result, and I'm still surprised. :eek: I didn't even expect it to qualify to the final, but it got 100 points in the semi, and ended up 3rd in the final. PQ was not an option I had imagined, not even when I went to bed halfway thruout the results show. So thanks again to everyone who voted for it. :D xheart

The Covid-19 pandemic affected people in different ways. And I gotta admit, I've been very lucky. My life wasn't very different in 2020/2021 than in other years, apart from a lack of concerts, festivals and flea markets. Working in the Norwegian grocery business turned out to be pretty lucky when the restaurants and the border to Sweden was closed for a long time (all restrictions in Norway were lifted a couple of weeks ago, and the border reopened a couple of days ago). Sweden is a cheaper country than Norway, which leads to a lot of Norwegians usually shopping food there. I was also never in quarantine, and have never needed to be tested for Covid-19 either. :eek: So yeah, I've been lucky. But there was one thing that was taken away from me, that really bothered me. Social distancing and bondage didn't mix very well, especially when my "partner in crime" is in the risk group. It wasn't worth the risk.

And that leads me to the next entry, "Buz Gibiyim", made by Ceytengri, a drag artist from Istanbul. I found this on a playlist of possible ::tan entries, and since Tanoiro stole one of my former NF entries for NSC 112, and sent it to NSC 194, it's payback time. ;) No, this was actually planned (and approved) before that, so if anything, NSC 194 was Tanoiro taking revenge on me. :p I've planned this entry for a pretty long time now, just waiting for the right time, and with all restrictions now being history, the time is now (was supposed to be last edition, but Eskimo Callboy happened, which means this is now suddenly a PQ entry). I'll just leave it at that with this video (which is the main reason I'm sending this, but the song is pretty cool too). ;)

Alternative link for those who sadly can't watch age-restricted videos:

Spinoffs:
The entry I ended up participating with in the Slutfiesta was a song from my high school days, French Affair's "Sexy":

Alternative link:

A lot of age-restricting going on today. :p

It finished top half, which is a good result. :) If there's ever a Slutfiesta 2, I'll be going with my backup entry, which is more NSFW (altho probably still not as bad as "Make The Girlies Wet" tbh). ;)

For the upcoming short songs spinoff, I don't know yet. Depends how short the songs need to be, but there is a chance I'll find something. If everything fails, I have a 5 second candidate. ;)

And finally, first part of the top 31 of my 150 first entries coming tomorrow. :D

Morty

your revenge is better since you get a final placement :lol:
That was unintentional. :p But it does provide the song with a new challenge, instead of hoping to qualify to the final. Will this be my first PQ entry to finish top 20? :eek:

Ok, time to finally start counting down the best of the best in Balearica Island's NSC history. :D When I first started thinking about this, I had 30 entries that had qualified for finals, and that seemed like a good number. Then Ayumi Hamasaki became the 31st, which means we have 31 songs to go thru. Eskimo Callboy will follow at a later time, as this is to celebrate the 150 first entries, but they would have been in the top 10. ;) The songs are ranked by the number of points they got in the final, and I'm putting all the videos in spoilers to make this page easier to load. Not sure if it'll actually make any difference tho. :p

Buckle up, here we go!

31:
Amaranthe - GG6 (2018 - NSC 179). 28th place, 63 points.

30:
Ayla - Ayla Part II (1998 - NSC 43). 26th, 71 points.

29:
Conjure One feat. Sinéad O'Connor - Tears From The Moon (Tiësto's In Search Of Sunrise Remix) (2002 - NSC 177). 26th, 81 points.

28:
2 Unlimited - No Limit (1992 - NSC 54). 20th, 84 points.

27:
Evil Activities & Endymion feat. E-Life - Broken (2011 - NSC 77). 23rd, 86 points.

26:
Winter Kills - Deep Down (2009 - NSC 50). 12th, 88 points.

Morty

Let's continue. :D Moving on with the next batch of qualified ::bal entries. The countdown continues, with 25 to 21. :)

25:
Five Finger Death Punch feat. Rob Halford - Lift Me Up (2013 - NSC 109). 18th, 96 points.

24:
Solarstone & Clare Stagg - The Spell (Solarstone Pure Mix) (2012 - NSC 100). 20th, 105 points.

23:
Gabry Ponte - Geordie (2002 - NSC 150). 17th, 107 points.

22:
Monoir feat. Ameline - Midnight In Norway (2019 - NSC 176). 14th, 110 points.

21:
Dune - Million Miles From Home (1996 - NSC 134). 18th, 111 points.

theditz83

Veteran
Gary Ponte - Geordie is such a chooooooonnn!!

Was featured on an Italo Dance CD compilation I got when I was living out in Valencia and it was the soundtrack to my spring xheart

Morty

We're in to the top 20. :D

20:
Autokarma - Fare, Fare Krigsmann (2012 - NSC 144). 19th, 112 points.

19:
2 Unlimited - Jump For Joy (1996 - NSC 146). 13th, 112 points.

18:
Darude feat. AI AM - Beautiful Alien (2015 - NSC 167). 9th, 119 points.

17:
Nigel Stanford - Automatica (2017 - NSC 151). 14th, 120 points.

16:
Ayumi Hamasaki - Real Me (Megara vs DJ Lee Remix) (2003 - NSC 195). 13th, 120 points.

Morty

Moving on. :) Before we head into the top 10, here's 15 to 11. :)

15:
Tina Maze - My Way Is My Decision (2013 - NSC 117). 13th, 122 points.

14:
Gigi D'Agostino - L'Amour Toujours (1999 - NSC 83). 11th, 122 points.

13:
Refuzion feat. Christian Carlucci - Follow Me (2017 - NSC 152). 12th, 126 points.

12:
Engine-EarZ Experiment - Kaliyuga (2009 - NSC 66). 9th, 130 points.

11:
2 Brothers On The 4th Floor - Never Alone (1993 - NSC 183). 7th, 134 points.

Morty

10 to 6. We're almost at the top. ;)

10:
Anders Nilsen - Salsa Tequila (2014 - NSC 112). 8th, 138 points.

9:
Within Temptation feat. Tarja - Paradise (What About Us?) (2013 - NSC 103). 4th, 145 points.

8:
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where The Wild Roses Grow (1995 - NSC 101). 5th, 153 points.

7:
Little Big - Polyushko Polye (2015 - NSC 142). 5th, 154 points.

6:
The Green Children - Norwegian Dream (2013 - NSC 115). 6th, 165 points.

Morty

Before I go to my first big concert since the beginning of Covid-19, Coucheron and Alan Walker tonight in Trondheim, here are the most legendary ::bal entries. This is the top 5! :D

5:
S3RL feat. Lexi - Genre Police (2014 - NSC 127). 1st, 166 points.

4:
Alex Christensen & The Berlin Orchestra - Das Boot (2017 - NSC 158). 2nd, 170 points.

3:
Technoboy - Catfight (2010 - NSC 70). 2nd, 187 points.

2:
Lindsey Stirling - Crystallize (2012 - NSC 80). 2nd, 193 points.

1:
Giorgio Moroder feat. Britney Spears - Tom's Diner (2015 - NSC 130). 1st, 206 points.

I have a bonus planned as well, but that will follow after the weekend, as I have about 24 hours of driving and 12 hours of partying to do this weekend. Stay tuned. ;)

Top Bottom