aletem

Re: AZ?RBAYCAN - Azerbaijan 2010

Yeeeeeee Sabinaaaa!!! :mrgreen: I think we all support Sabina!! :D :lol:

Milos-BC

Sabina is my choice as well :D

APUS

she is a girl who came from germany.she is azerbaijani but lives in germeany.she is candidate too

TF100

Elvira is somewhat known in Germany due to being part of the Popstars winning group Bisou in 2007, although the group split after just one album. They were never as successful as groups like No Angels, Monrose or Queensberry who came from the same show.

Anjeza

Well, actually Bisou never were a winning group, but the group was formed by former Popstars participants with the help of the German rapper Bushido.

TF100

Ah OK then, I knew they came from Popstars anyway. It seems German Popstars is a good source for ESC & NF participants, as other than No Angels for Germany 2008 and Monrose in the 2007 German NF, we also had Miriam from the Preluders in the Albanian NF in 2006!

AlekS

Veteran

According to the head of ESC department Adil' Kirimli, Azerbaijan has already paid their penalty so the country will be allowed to participate in ESC 2010 for sure.
EBU faced that problems with sms numbers were technical problems. The Azeri broadcaster promised do not make such mistakes anymore.

GEMINI

I think that the favorites are : "Milk&Kisses" and Elvira.
I like Elvira. She is very hardworking girl.

APUS

European Broadcasting Union warns Armenia as its Eurovision spot contained political points

[ 08 Dec 2009 17:42 ]
Baku. Ulkar Gasimova – APA. Armenia is dissatisfied with the decision passed by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) on Azerbaijan.

APA reports quoting the official website of Eurovision song contest that after Mihran announced via youtube that Emmy and himself will represent Armenia in Oslo, ARMTV has spun the situation 180 degrees by admitting they are still unsatisfied with the decision of the EBU of the Azerbaijan case and have hinted that they are considering withdrawing due to the decision.
“We are still waiting for the final word of the European Broadcasting Union on Azerbaijan’s cases. Since we have not yet received a formal decision on this issue, we do not announce our final decision to participate in Eurovision 2010?, said the Armenian head of delegation Diana Mnatsakayan.
Diana said to ESCKAZ “first we are waiting for decisions from the EBU, and only then we will take a decision on the national selection, how it will be run and when it will take place”.

Head of Azerbaijani delegation Adil Karimli told APA that the decision on Azerbaijan is the final and resolute decision of the EBU.
“I think, this is a fair decision. According to the decision of the EBU, we have paid a fine of € 2700. I want to note that the European Broadcasting Union is a very democratic organization and passes any decision after through, precise investigation. Therefore, it is not right to say hat the decision is unfair, or a severe punishment. Ictimai TV participated in all the discussions and was the main side in the investigation of the fault. So, we respect the decision. I think such decisions are not punishment, this is the serious approach of EBU and its members to the existing laws and rules. The decision does not influence on Azerbaijan’s participation in the next contest. Azerbaijan will be represented in Eurovision 2010,” he said.

According to Karimli, Armenia’s statements do not mean that there will be any changes in the decision.
“According to the decision, Azerbaijan and Spain have been warned and the fine paid. EBU said the absence of the sms numbers of the Armenian representatives on Azerbaijani television was due to the technical failure. No complaint can be made after this decision. The appropriate items are shown in the regulating documents and regulations of the EBU. According to the regulations, no complaint can be made after the final and precise decision of the EBU,” he said.

Karimli said it is Armenia’s own business to refuse to participate in Eurovision 2010 or not.
“If Armenia wants to put a mask on its refusal to participate in the contest, it is its own business. But I want to say that the countries, whose participation in the contest next year has been confirmed, can refuse to participate by the middle of December. This date has been set by the EBU. Early in January the final list of Eurovision 2010 participants will be publicized,” he said.

Reliable sources told APA that Armenia has also been warned by the EBU. The warning has been made as Armenia’s Eurovision 2009 spot contained political points. Armenia has promised the EBU that it will avoid political interference in the contest.

One week ago, the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) issued a formal statement to Ictimai TV of Azerbaijan for the “absence of on-screen televoting-instructions”. Therefore, Ictimai are responsible for reimbursing the incurred loss of revenue as well as a paying a fine. Also, Ictimai TV was warned by the EBU that in a case of another breach of the rules, that the penalty will be heavier and it can be a three consecutive year ban from the contest.

GEMINI

Dear all, does someone know who will participate in NF?

APUS

GEMINI said:

i put here participant's name and their songs

GEMINI

APUS said:
GEMINI said:

well, if so, then where is Elvira's name? She is one of the favorites in Azerbaijan.
And, please let me know the source of the information that you have putted here.

APUS

GEMINI said:
APUS said:
GEMINI said:

well, if so, then where is Elvira's name? She is one of the favorites in Azerbaijan.
And, please let me know the source of the information that you have putted here.

pls look at page 5 ;)

APUS

aysel has new music.its about love.she said that this music is so quality.

Top Bottom