The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

Wait
I need some time to fix this can't you wait ?
We can't afford to miss this
You back off slowly through the door
You always go and blame the weather
The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

We're living in a memory
The present is the price I pay
Fade to black
Fade to black

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black​

Milos-BC

I thought the staging would be much more interesting based on the snippet, but I was quite disappointed in the end. And the whole performance felt underwhelming. The song is good but something is definitely missing.

I think some 15ish place tonight is realistic.

musicfan

Of the big ballads in the final this could be my favourite. I definitely like it more than the Polish or Australian songs. The Greek song is competition (and it's staged better) but I like the way this song wanders but keeps melodic, it's more daring perhaps while not having the directness of Die Together.

midnightsun

Veteran
Again I will be voting for Azerbaijan tonight. This time votes must be split unfortunately since I have a bunch of favourites but Azerbaijan is in my top 3. I hope my votes help to get this as high as possible. Good luck :az:, I‘m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Datura

kinda weird that he cut his hair between the semi final and the final :D
i'd be really surprised if this does well tonight (but i thought azerbaijan would do great in the televoting last year and they really did...not :D )

Hatari2600

So did Azerbaijan get back to their old shady ways? All those 12 points were a bit shocking, and apparently the televoting of 6 countries were discarded and replaced with an aggregate result because of potential vote rigging...

EDIT: I misunderstood, it was 6 juries that were replaced!
EDIT 2: Azerbaijan, Georgia, San Marino, Romania, Poland and Montenegro are missing from the list of juries in Semi Final 2

Last edited:

Galandar

So did Azerbaijan get back to their old shady ways? All those 12 points were a bit shocking, and apparently the televoting of 6 countries were discarded and replaced with an aggregate result because of potential vote rigging...

Wtf? You are knocking a wrong door. In the end Azerbaijan didn’t do that well even though juries in many countries voted for it and some gave it 12 points.

Hatari2600

Wtf? You are knocking a wrong door. In the end Azerbaijan didn’t do that well even though juries in many countries voted for it and some gave it 12 points.
Well, EBU has confirmed that shady business has been going on with the jury vote of Semi Final 2 and 6 juries were disqualified in both Semi 2 and the Final, including Azerbaijan. And with the history of Azerbaijan's cheating up until being caught in 2013, it is a natural suspicion. But anyway, hopefully all the cheating juries were caught and Azerbaijan's jury points were all genuine. :)

Galandar

Well, EBU has confirmed that shady business has been going on with the jury vote of Semi Final 2 and 6 juries were disqualified in both Semi 2 and the Final, including Azerbaijan. And with the history of Azerbaijan's cheating up until being caught in 2013, it is a natural suspicion. But anyway, hopefully all the cheating juries were caught and Azerbaijan's jury points were all genuine. :)

The entire contest is politicized with a lot of shadiness. Once again: you are knocking at a wrong door in here.

12Pointsgoto.....

The entire contest is politicized with a lot of shadiness. Once again: you are knocking at a wrong door in here.
I am not so sure. Azerbaijan has been known for cheating and buying votes. But, Azerbaijan was a jury song, so It was expected

Galandar

Buying and trading votes isn't politics...
Before accusing some country in buying/trading votes, you should have some proofs. Do you have any reliable sources for that information except for some puff piece? And if those rumours were true, EBU would be the first to react and even to punish Azerbaijan. They did neither accused nor punished it. So who you are to speak that way about the country?

Hatari2600

Before accusing some country in buying/trading votes, you should have some proofs. Do you have any reliable sources for that information except for some puff piece? And if those rumours were true, EBU would be the first to react and even to punish Azerbaijan. They did neither accused nor punished it. So who you are to speak that way about the country?
As I said, it is mere speculation and not an accusation. What is a fact is that 6 national juries were disqualified. So isn't it natural that the first countries you start to think of when these incidents happen are the ones who have been proven to have cheated (or attempted to do so) in the past, like Azerbaijan who got caught in 2013? You seem to take it very personal. Be angry at your broadcaster for soiling the country's reputation instead. :)

Galandar

As I said, it is mere speculation and not an accusation. What is a fact is that 6 national juries were disqualified. So isn't it natural that the first countries you start to think of when these incidents happen are the ones who have been proven to have cheated (or attempted to do so) in the past, like Azerbaijan who got caught in 2013? You seem to take it very personal. Be angry at your broadcaster for soiling the country's reputation instead. :)

I am not taking it personal, however, I am also not willing to tolerate some speculation/accusation towards my country based on some rumours or puff piece. The only reason I am angry with our broadcaster is the fact they do not take a risk and change the way they select our representatives/songs. That is it.

Hatari2600

I am not taking it personal, however, I am also not willing to tolerate some speculation/accusation towards my country based on some rumours or puff piece. The only reason I am angry with our broadcaster is the fact they do not take a risk and change the way they select our representatives/songs. That is it.
Yeah, I too hope that they start picking good songs written by Azeris and representative of Azerbaijani culture! Maybe then there doesn't have to be any rumors of foul play when you do well ;)

Top Bottom