Just like Cleopatra
Let's start a fire (Shh)
Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

tuorem

Efendi gave a great performance tonight, despite the unfortunate camera work imo. It cracks me up how she's supposed to look fierce to sing her song, and yet she ends up coming across as an endearing elf. :LOL:

I demand a selfie with NikkieTutorials just to see how many floors separate them. :sneaky:

Zeus

The public really reacted to it. I don't think the juries will have ranked this high, so that suggests that they have a strong televote behind them, at least more than Croatia.

DanielLuis

Efendi gave a great performance tonight, despite the unfortunate camera work imo. It cracks me up how she's supposed to look fierce to sing her song, and yet she ends up coming across as an endearing elf. :LOL:

I demand a selfie with NikkieTutorials just to see how many floors separate them. :sneaky:
This is so true though. The most hilarious thing is that her cuteness on stage definitely helped endear viewers to the song and to entry and probably gave her a bunch of televotes
It somehow, paradoxically, really works well with the song and the staging anyway :lol:

Ezio

Veteran
I sensually and discreetly twerk to this song now

Fluke

A mindless exotistic dance tune, nothing more. "Cleopatra" was a masterpiece, this still feels like a cheap ripoff to me. At least they didn't use pink and purple :sick:

Jopi

So this was my 2nd biggest surprise of the night. Mata Hari was in my lower top20, but with the time, the song really faded and became kinda boring and repetitive. BUT! She was amazing last night, nothing like on rehearsals where she looked stiff and with 0 energy. That ethno drop was really powerful in the arena with an audience. She even looked like she knew how to dance lol ENERGY! I wonder if Tix had something to do with that xhmmm

Last edited:

Datura

sorry but girl seriously cannot move (and the backing dancers are shockingly almost equally bad),. having said that: it's hella catchy, i really don't wanna like it but it's damn addictive

VikingTiger

This was so different from the impression given by the snippets of Efendi's rehearsals.
I loved the colours here! Dark, mysterious - and those last 30 seconds!!! I agree that the dance routine was not the best, but I forgot about that because of the staging, the lights and the beat!
I admit I was rather unsure of Azerbaijan, but this is one of the cases where seing the live performance actually augmented my experience of the song.
Once again a great job done by the azeri crew.

Milos-BC

It was really good, even better than I expected. The vocals were a bit shaky though, I hope she improves that for the final. But she deserved to qualify, everything was really well done.

I think she will get a lot of points from the :rs: televoting. We love songs like these.

Top Bottom