Let's start a fire (Shh)
Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
I really have to say that Efendi, even without her little flirt with Tix ;), is amongst my top 5 favourite artists this year what sympathy is concerned. Her song may not be my favourite (but it‘s at least my #14 and I like it) but SHE is absolutely gorgeous. Lovely and funny, energetic. xbow

midnightsun

Veteran
I think it DOES matter. Remember Eric Saade in 2011? He did something similar and the boys behind him doing stuff with their arms, pulling his jacket etc. The ones standing last were taller than him, otherwise it would have looked terrible (the one right after him seems to be slightly smaller and it doesn’t look that good).

crashworld

Veteran
I think it DOES matter. Remember Eric Saade in 2011? He did something similar and the boys behind him doing stuff with their arms, pulling his jacket etc. The ones standing last were taller than him, otherwise it would have looked terrible (the one right after him seems to be slightly smaller and it doesn’t look that good).

But it will be a little silly just because they want that particular moment which doesn't even last more than 5 sec and then they got all the dancers to be taller than Efendi.

Efendi needs to be in the spotlight and not be towered over by her dancers when they are near her. Them wearing heels and in similar looking outfits just doesn't help with the situation. I hope they change Efendi's outfit to some other colour (no silver), or at least have some bits of her outfit in other colours (like gold) to make her stand out more.

midnightsun

Veteran
I can agree to this she should wear a different colour. But then again I think all of them do represent a part of the goddess... anyway, I don’t know what they were thinking :)
All I know is I don’t think it’s too bad, I like the staging.

DenizESC

Banned
She is sooo charming and cute though! :love:
Great interview

I hope they add some gold as well btw but IDK.

Dessi

NO, this song is not in my top ten.... not even in my top 20... sorry...:rolleyes:
It is OK, but nothing more. It lacks feeelings, originality, personality in fact it lacks HISTORY... a lot of History. Mata Hari was Dutch... PLEASE!!! Stop pretending.

Last edited:

ag89

It's a very sexy tune actually and she is very pretty. It just seems the stage is somehow not at the level we expected from Azerbaijan. I hoped for some crazy over the top show, but we have six hot girls dancing and that's it. Maybe it will be enough. :)

Milos-BC

I like it. Much better than Cleopatra. It is not a song for everyone but I like both the song and the staging. I'm sure she will qualify.

7 points.

A-lister

Veteran

Such a cringe PR stunt by both delegations to try to get votes from the other country, they can't even communicate so it's just so awkward and if anything comes across as "westerner shopping for wife in Eastern Europe" *facepalm*

I still root for Azerbaijan to qualify and get a good position in the final, since the song is a bop and one of the best entries this year imo, but no need for "PR" like this really.

Top Bottom