Let's start a fire (Shh)
Let's go

Ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma-ma, Mata Hari
Mata Hari​

Last edited by a moderator:

empo21

Veteran
The odds cannot handle this performance, no one can.

Jokes aside, despite the Tik-tok style dance moves, she does seem to have good stage presence which is a good thing.

crashworld

Veteran
She looks so cute and joyful, which is so different from the expressions she serve in the music video.

And funny enough, she looks more at ease doing the routine in this performance than what she did in the music video.
Makes me wonder if they didn't give her enough time to practise and be more comfortable with the dance routine when they shot the music video.

empo21

Veteran
She looks so cute and joyful, which is so different from the expressions she serve in the music video.

And funny enough, she looks more at ease doing the routine in this performance than what she did in the music video.
Makes me wonder if they didn't give her enough time to practise and be more comfortable with the dance routine when they shot the music video.

In her interview with Wiwibloggs, she said her corset was very tight (and that she'd be wearing something more comfortable in Rotterdam). That could be the reason for her rather stiff moves in the mv

Habibiding

İ think last year Efendi team prepared staging something outstanding with Cleopatra. Unfortunatelly, Cleopatra cancelled together with Eurovision 2020. The choice of Mata Hari is understandable and I am sure the aim was to use phenomenal last year's staging...

Loindici

Veteran
Guys, with a lot of regret...

Now that I listened to Mata Hari again and again, it transforms from a great ethno song to a B-Side version of Cleopatra.

revallsay

Efendi - Mata Hari - Azerbaijan

I like the arab vibes here, they're great. I also like the small reference to here previous entry. But I do not the like rest. Not a fan of here voice.

3/12

Zonne147

I like this one but there are specific parts that don't let me like this more than I wished.

As a whole, I like this more than "Cleopatra" but I'm still not into the kinda spoken part that comes before the chorus (sorry for not knowing the name of that) and the last minute is kind of confusing. But I appreciate the rest, l really like the verses and the chorus. The ethnic elements and her charisma are the highlights here for sure xheat

Most of the other bops appeal more to me but I have three enjoyable minutes when I listen to "Mata Hari", and that's the most important thing for me.

:7: points

Iker

Veteran
Don't get me wrong ... I enjoy it but it is overrated by the fandom in my perception. Azerbaijan definitely comes across like a country that is striving to achieve international sound in their entries, whether they do have a local favour (like here or in 2019) or not as in 2016. But I can't help but think that I badly need some entry from :az: sung in Azerbaijani. Here he we have a one liner, at least - lol. I would like something that goes more decisively / all-out with that local style. Instead of being a highlight I want it to be a backbone for them. I am not well-versed in Azerbaijani music but I listen a lot to Turkish music and I dream about something in the vein of the more ethnic bops of Tarkan or even artists like Esin Iris, Gülşen, Ebru Gündeş.

Mata Hari is ok but Tarkan has like 50+ better songs than this one, this one doesn't quite hit the mark for me. Ok, I am a big fan of Tarkan since my childhood (I have one of his albums from the 90s) but my point stands.

I want :az: to use some local songwriters.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't think she looks stiff in the music video at all.
But maybe I'm just too used to Britney 2010's armography now...

Jopi

I do find her very stiff, with no sense for dancing...
Mata Hari is on my playlist, but to be honest, it's worse with every listen lol

kamc

I hope she’ll be rocking her Ariana Grande high pony for the eurovision performance.

Top Bottom