3 2.2%

10 7.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Azerbaijan-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
I'm pretty sure that :az: would have won this year. I mean, her song is a clear stand-out
Nah, I think it's unlikely. They wouldn't have had the required jury support (I imagine like 150 points or so) and the contemporary pop voters would have divided their votes over many songs (I think Azerbaijan would have had like 200 points). It's enough to finish top 5 though.

Romeo

The EBU is a disgrace! Not allowing this in 2021 is a horrible choice! They are refusing to allow the songs that would have been in 2020 because of their incompetence! They were unable to think of a way to allow the contest to go ahead so therefore the singers / songwriters are punished!

Cleopatra could have won. Would have won!

The EBU / reference group need to have a rethink because the decision to not allow the 2020 songs in 2021 is not the fault of the singers / songwriters. It is the lack of ability to be creative should not be a reason to humiliate artists / producers / songwriters etc.

My message to the EBU:

giphy.gif

Preuss

2:19-2:30 is so good though
Glad to see that there would've been a real hype this year for Azerbaijan again... I can't reckon the last time the Azeri entry has been this hyped xlove
maybe last year but that was for other reasons perhaps
but Azerbaijan playing it strong as usual xheat

Romeo

Just an update from my last post in here:

giphy.gif

Bakinka

How come that Azerbaijan hasn't picked her internally until now?
She always was second or third)
She was second at the Voice of Azerbaijan while Samra Rahimli was third, nevertheless Samra was selected for Eurovision.
It was an unfair decision of Ictimayi TV. Samra's live performance is awful unlike Samira's live.

Last edited:

Preuss

She always was second or third)
She was second at the Voice of Azerbaijan while Samra Rahimli was third, nevertheless Samra was selected for Eurovision.
It was an unfair decision of Ictimayi TV. Samra's live performance is awful unlike Samira's live.

Yeah, that's weird, how come that they selected Samra then? Weird, given Samra's vocals although "Miracle" was a bop

hijirio

Veteran
sub-buzz-32443-1536938617-10.png

hijirio

Veteran
Her staging was one of the best tonight!

Thanks for sharing. I'm crying. This is the best video I watched in years. Feeling goosebumps in all parts of my body............
Hurts my heart that we will never get to see how they would stage this masterpiece. What a lost opportunity.

Zonne147

I have always liked this very much despite not being one of my top favorites this year (around 9-12 in my personal top)... I find some parts very interesting but the whole thing is messy and may have ended up losing a bit of its appeal in Rotterdam...

I hope the song will be stronger next year - wouldn't mind to see another "Cleopatra" but improved - better produced and less confusing.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I've just found out that this entry was co-written by Sarah Lake, one of my favorite American Idol cannon fodder semifinalists of all time. It's DELIGHTFULLY unconscionable to me that the person who did this:

Also wrote the "南無妙法蓮華經, 南無妙法蓮華經" bit.

Top Bottom