• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Azerbaijan-scaled.jpg

njdevils94

Veteran
There were some thrown into this thread though

Edit : guess I was beaten to it :LOL:

She sounds really good here and unlike those performances with a car in studio its clearly live.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Mw2G6m.gif

Right now she's battling for the last spot in my top 10 with Greece, but she's a grower in the making. Wouldn't be surprised if she ended up on the doorstep of my top 5. Give a god-like staging to this queen please.

Koori

My body was found dead after listening to this last chorus with the crazy hard basses
We stan azerbaijanian Cleopatra xheat

0SsAZBF.gif

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
This actually pretty good and way better than the demo that was leaked. 12 pts

One of my faves and it was actually on loop all day!

crashworld

Veteran
Actually I think Azerbaijan has selected this song with a concept in their mind. I am very sure they are going to give us an amazing stage show. I can see this or Israel closing the semi. But if they close the show, it will be twice in a row.

Nicfedy

Wow on first hearing it made an impact. 10pts for now and going some way to making up for Finland’s travesty.

Nemo89

Mw2G6m.gif

Right now she's battling for the last spot in my top 10 with Greece, but she's a grower in the making. Wouldn't be surprised if she ended up on the doorstep of my top 5. Give a god-like staging to this queen please.
If Azerbaijan is studying ESC performance well ... it's a big deal. They could be very successful. I do not evaluate the song dangerous for its beauty but because it is perfect for the ESC. Then ... not bad Cleopatra! xshockxrose Now I understand why Marco Antonio was seducedxlovexrofl

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

Uto

Veteran
This is just a great song. Not a fan of stuff like this, but I can't deny that this is just a fun banger and it should have no trouble winning the battle of the bangers (although Ukraine still holds their niche as the thinking man's banger). I have nothing to say, just a bit disappointing that this is Azerbaijan and not San Marino.

Nemo89

This is just a great song. Not a fan of stuff like this, but I can't deny that this is just a fun banger and it should have no trouble winning the battle of the bangers (although Ukraine still holds their niche as the thinking man's banger). I have nothing to say, just a bit disappointing that this is Azerbaijan and not San Marino.
For me it is the best of all catchy songs. The structure is impeccable: the singing, the dance, the show, the sensuality and the oriental sounds mix perfectly. It is excellently balanced. That is, do we want to define the songs of Ukraine, Israel, Lithuania, Latvia and Iceland as masterpieces? Listen to them all again and you will understand that there is no comparison. "Cleopatra" is a high quality but not exceptional trash. For me, the exceptional trash is what will remain over time and which is innovative and in fact, "Cleopatra" is missing from these two factors. In a few years this song will end up in oblivion. In India and its surroundings these songs are created continuously.

Fluke

Okay, so first off, why send a "Greek" ethno-dance entry rather than an Azeri one, is the obvious question?!? That aside, while it's somewhat in the vein of certain previous Greek and Cypriot entries which are among my personally most hated entries of all time, there's something a bit more creative and fresh about parts of this. It would be fun if they can do a better Greek entry than the actual Greek countries :cool:

Also, knowing the nation, the staging and choreography for this is likely to be something out of this world, and a top 5 placement or close is quite likely. It won't be among my personal favorites though.

Sammy

Veteran
I think this is the first time, that Azerbaijan takes a San Marino-reject.

Top Bottom