3 2.2%

3 2.2%

10 7.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Azerbaijan-scaled.jpg

Alaska49

bold prediction: they will send someone with a song that is juuuuuuust left-of-center enough to keep the fans happy, but still swedish enough to keep their chances alive in the contest, the singer will hate their own song, they will be in danger of not qualifying, but probably will, and place anywhere between 8th and 22nd in the final. hooray fake-indie azerbaijan!

Loindici

Veteran
They would most absolutely probably be buying foreign songs again. Or just bring back Isa Melikov -- we stan Isa Melikov!

Loindici

Veteran
Is there any good composers in Azerbaijan aside of Isa Melikov?

Bakinka

Is there any good composers in Azerbaijan aside of Isa Melikov?
Yes, of course!

Isa Melikov just one of the many good composers in Azerbaijan who could compose song for Eurovision. For example Govhar Hasanzade (Day after day), Vagif Herayzade, Javanshir Melikov, Tunzale Agayeva, Eldar Mansurov, Faik Sujaddinov, Isfar Sarabski, Aisel Mammadova etc.

It is the fault of Ictimayi TV that they do not trust our composers and buy foreign songs.

Preuss

Amazing country in Eurovision xmusic
My favourite is Dilara though xheat Staging could’ve been better, I guess? xshrug

Realest

As German, I was very happy that we handed over our Trophy to Ell and Nikki, so they got my Vote of course.

Preuss

Chingiz’s ethnic part in his performance is seriously epic though, I don’t think I’ve given him enough credit for that! I think televote was too «harsh» on Azerbaijan this year

Preuss

Dilara and Sabina were pretty amazing though, I want Azerbaijan to send those kind of songs again :D Hopefully the 2014 result doesn’t discourage them to send something like that again xcry Although wasn’t it rumoured that Aisel were gonna sing a song with ethnic instruments??

Realest

Although wasn’t it rumoured that Aisel were gonna sing a song with ethnic instruments??

The only Rumour I read was that she hates Eurovision and regrets having taken part.

tuorem

Wow! I didn't expect "Truth" to top the team's ranking, I wasn't under the impression it was loved so much. Personally, I didn't really care for Chingiz's track at first, but now that it has grown a lot on me, I'm happy to join its supporters. :D

I voted for Sabina because I think it was a moment and one of the few great host entries we've had this century so far.

With that being said, I've liked most of the Azerbaijani entries, they've been really consistent in my book, so it's hard to pick a favourite.

Their efforts I didn't consider worthy of my time were "Running Scared" and "X My Heart" (overly manufactured and shallow for me). I didn't like "Hour Of The Wolf" either, but I do respect the artistry behind that one.

Apart from that, Safura, Farid, Dilara, Samra and Dihaj are all part of my family. :cool:

Preuss

Poor Aisel :( I’d love to see her back one day!

I think Azerbaijan have lighted the fire again and is ready to win one year of the next decade, taking us back to Baku and Crystal Hall :D

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't want to offend anyone or be considered as a Mr. Know It All in that regard, but can we stop calling this country's entries "Azeri entries"? - I've been to Azerbaijan twice (2012, 2017) and I was told by Azerbaijani friends that the termn "Azeri" is perceived as wrong: It includes people from Iran as well (it's more a "cultural term") whilst "Azerbaijani" is the more suitable term since it refers to the state, Azerbaijan. Since Azerbaijan (the country) competes, the term "Azerbaijani" is better.

Bakinka

I don't want to offend anyone or be considered as a Mr. Know It All in that regard, but can we stop calling this country's entries "Azeri entries"? - I've been to Azerbaijan twice (2012, 2017) and I was told by Azerbaijani friends that the termn "Azeri" is perceived as wrong: It includes people from Iran as well (it's more a "cultural term") whilst "Azerbaijani" is the more suitable term since it refers to the state, Azerbaijan. Since Azerbaijan (the country) competes, the term "Azerbaijani" is better.
I do not agree with this theory.

Iranian Azerbaijan is South Azerbaijan, and Iranian Azerbaijani are south Azerbaijani, South Azerbaijan is a non independent part of another country.

When we say "Azerbaijan" we mean north Azerbaijan, i.e. one that participates in Eurovision.

The term "Azerbaijani" instead of "Azerbaijan" as participating country is not correct regarding Azerbaijan.

Loindici

Veteran

And once I though you were referring to the foreign entries Ictimai had selected.

Top Bottom