3 2.2%

3 2.2%

10 7.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Azerbaijan-scaled.jpg

tuorem

Oh wow, "Cleopatra" sounds like a K-pop song to me :oops: From the structure to the phrasings, I could imagine a girl group sing it.

Thank you Azerbaijan for sending this, first of all, a non-slow song was definitely needed in this overly homogeneous ballad-heavy edition, and "Scars" - or whatever their other option was called - was doing absolutely nothing imo. Glad to see they made the right choice.

After listening to the song once, I'm not sure what to think: I dig the verses and especially the glorious pre-chorus mumble :love:, but I'm not sold as far as the chorus is concerned yet. The instrumental bridge is cool, so I expect a fierce choreography.

The staging potential of the concept is huge, so they'd better bring them props and visuals to put on a show. A classic presentation a la "Miracle" or "X My Heart" would look half-assed considering how colourful the song is tbh. They have to go all out!

8 points from me for now. I'll wait and see how it grows on me to upgrade my mark.

Nemo89

Technically the best ESC song: Indian rhythm, perfect show, excellent dance part and Samira is both sensual and a real "stage beast". Also how to become the part of the song where it seems that a monk is reciting a sacred formula? Disturbing :eek: but at the same time it enters your brain xup This song has all the preconditions for winning the ESC xcheer The best catchy song heard so far. Vote 12 and :12: points.

For Sweden the game gets tough, if Russia brings an equally strong song.

Petar

I love this! It's catchy and a bop we deserve at Eurovision. The only thing I'm confused about is the "Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō " part, 'cause it's got nothing to do with Egypt. But then again, Cleopatra wasn't an Azerbaijani. :D

Phoenix

That last part of the song, wow, Azerbaijan really did that!! They always do... :10: points on first listen.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
🔥 🔥 The ethno bop we've all been thirsty for since 'Always' comatosed us all in a good way. xheat i think my life is changed, and ofc a hot :12: 🔥🕺😝🧞‍♀️💃🏻 obviously my threat last night that we'd all stan Armenia worked and they picked this. The Nam Myōhō Renge Kyō Part spoiled it a bit for me at first all them days ago but after many listens i am totally here for the Egyptian ethno hit with Buddhist tinges. 🏵

Edit: also, the final 20 seconds or so are so epic.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Its nice. Parts of this sound unfinished though. The way she says Cleopatra :lol:

I don't see this getting as high a result as Chingiz. Truth was way more polished.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-The overall sound is very good.
-It's memorable.

THE INDIFFERENT:
-A minor thing, but the lyrics(?) just before each chorus can be a bit of a jarring listen.

THE VERDICT:
For the first minute of my first listen to this song, I was thinking this was just going to be another ethnic pop song in a long line of such. But then, the last two minutes of the song won me over. The way she rolls her Rs when she sings "Cleopatrrrra" is a nice nod/touch to the Spanish/Hispanic/Latino audiences. With the right staging, this entry might be tough to beat come May, if people can get over the jarring transitions from verse to chorus. 10 points

ESC94

For me :6: to :az:.

The song is ok and has a nice rhythm, but the part with "la la la" in the chorus is kinda irritating to me, and the verses aren´t that exciting for me. But still a solid entry.

A-lister

Veteran
Azerbaijan are in ESC for results though. That's all I'm saying and Truth got top 10. This will struggle to do that.

They might be, many countries are, but Truth was a sterile song, I personally want an interesting ESC and not safe songs, in the end if everyone plays it safe, they won't get the results they want either because they will all cancel each other out and instead we could have a 2018 scenario where the two entries who just went there ended up top. 2 , so this could in fact have even higher potential than last year because it will definitely stand out in a sea of utter boredom.

njdevils94

Veteran
They might be, many countries are, but Truth was a sterile song, I personally want an interesting ESC and not safe songs, in the end if everyone plays it safe, they won't get the results they want either because they will all cancel each other out and instead we could have a 2018 scenario where the two entries who just went there ended up top. 2 , so this could in fact have even higher potential than last year because it will definitely stand out in a sea of utter boredom.

I get that. I was just giving my perspective on results outlook. Haven't seen a proper Live from her yet outside of anaraqueen's super hot totally live definitely not lip-synching for your life playlist.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I get that. I was just giving my perspective on results outlook. Haven't seen a proper Live from her yet outside of anaraqueen's super hot totally live definitely not lip-synching for your life playlist.
There were some thrown into this thread though

Edit : guess I was beaten to it :LOL:

Top Bottom