1 0.6%

9 5.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
az.png

Realest

Re: AZERBAIJAN 2019

Hopefully another by Swedes written Ballad like in 2010. I wouldnt mind Kontoupoulos, but please in Bestform (2007/08/13/17)

hijirio

Veteran

I don’t care about the result as long as they serve Dihaj level of quality.

Bakinka

Hopefully another by Swedes written Ballad like in 2010. I wouldnt mind Kontoupoulos, but please in Bestform (2007/08/13/17)

Aysel said in the instagram that she would'nt want to participate at Eurovision next year as a singer. But she would like to compose a song for Azerbaijan.

hijirio

Veteran

Send Emin and Baku 2020 confirmed

Preuss

give me some 2012 and 2014 vibes again

Preuss

Aisel was perfect for it though
beautiful woman and smoky jazzy voicee xheart

tuorem

Aysel said in the instagram that she would'nt want to participate at Eurovision next year as a singer. But she would like to compose a song for Azerbaijan.

Your broadcaster messed up big time this year imo. They had a beautiful and talented singer who was also a songwriter: the most logical decision to make would have been to let her perform one of her compositions. Giving pre-bought imports to talent show singers is understandable, but doing the same to real artists is a waste.

And given what Aysel sang, she for certain would have brought something more tasteful and in line with her style and vocal range. I remember I was so hyped when her name was revealed :( I do wonder if the rumor of a soulful ballad with half the lyrics in Azeri was actually her song that ended up being discarded.

Bakinka

Your broadcaster messed up big time this year imo. They had a beautiful and talented singer who was also a songwriter: the most logical decision to make would have been to let her perform one of her compositions. Giving pre-bought imports to talent show singers is understandable, but doing the same to real artists is a waste.

And given what Aysel sang, she for certain would have brought something more tasteful and in line with her style and vocal range. I remember I was so hyped when her name was revealed :( I do wonder if the rumor of a soulful ballad with half the lyrics in Azeri was actually her song that ended up being discarded.
Agree. I was very disappointed with the song this year. Hope the new management of our broadcaster has a better taste than previous one.

Brandt

I don't think the song was bad. If Azerbaijan performed later, they would have more likely qualified for the final. They were just on the edge to qualify. Running order killed their chances.

tuorem

I don't think the song was bad. If Azerbaijan performed later, they would have more likely qualified for the final. They were just on the edge to qualify. Running order killed their chances.

I didn't say the song was bad, I personally didn't like it but each to their own. My point is that I felt like there was a noticeable discordance between the song and the singer. And it is the main reason why I failed to connect with the Azeri effort this year. It came across as overly artificial to me.

Regardless of the actual results, I think Aisel deserved a song more suited to her: "X My Heart" most likely wasn't written specifically for her and one could tell she wasn't in her element while performing it. Ironically, the song was so mainstream that it could have been sung by pretty much anybody, so why seek a jazz singer to sing a standard pop song? :? Why waste her on a song that doesn't even showcase her voice well? That's what I meant.

Had it been sung by Aysel (from 2009) or Samra, I wouldn't have been so confused by the whole act. Imo they missed an opportunity to send something much more artistically challenging.

Bakinka

May be. But for me, the song was extremely bad, too. :(

Romeo

I'm expecting a big comeback from Azerbaijan. I was surprised my the non-qualifier in 2018 because I love "X My Heart" It is my second favourite song from Azerbaijan. The lyrics were horrible, but the song overall is my guilty pleasue

Bakinka

The new song of Samra Rahimli (Azerbaijan-2016).

Mrm

Veteran

Jah Khalib please! xpray

Bakinka

I'm expecting a big comeback from Azerbaijan. I was surprised my the non-qualifier in 2018 because I love "X My Heart" It is my second favourite song from Azerbaijan. The lyrics were horrible, but the song overall is my guilty pleasue
The new song of Aisel:

Yoozek

The new song of Aisel:

Absolute, utter meh. She sings a song called "more emotion" with literally zero emotions. It's like singing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" while being 120% goth-emo mix.

Top Bottom