14 7.3%

14 7.3%

11 5.7%

7 3.6%

31 16.1%

• Total voters

DaFlo

Banned
I hope this flop is a wake up call for their delegation. Look at Cyprus success and go back to hot ethno bops pls xpray (same for Armenia & Greece :mrgreen:)

LalehForWD

I'm sorry Aisel didn't make it. Would have loved seeing her in the final as Azerbaijan is and always have been one of my favourites esc countries.
The song was good and so was the staging and her performance. She was in no way inferior compared to earlier contributions from Azerbaijan. Possibly the song was a bit bland.

tararaaam

I hated the studio version, yet she won me in the semi, she was cute, fine vocals, classy staging.

Milos-BC

Even though the whole package was very bland, I thought they will still make it. However, it definitely didn't deserve to go through, others were better.

:az: has now entered some sort of a "dark cycle" but hopefully they manage to break out of it next year.

A-lister

Veteran
The song is not so bad, nor was the performance, but it was just bland and outdated. Why countries constantly go back to this Dimitris Kontopoulos guy is just beyond me xshrug, he just screams dated pastiche Eurovision Schlager-Dance-Pop, he is not that far from Ralph Siegel. I mean the only, actually, good ESC entry he did so far was "Shady Lady". Every entry he did except for that one were clichéd and dated. I hope Azerbaijan learned their lesson this year, they wasted a talented singer on a generic bland song. When will they ever start to trust local talents and stop this "import customized Eurovision entries" ? xshrug

Realest

[MENTION=4544]A-lister[/MENTION] what do you think about "Work your Magic" and "Hold me"?

A-lister

Veteran
[MENTION=4544]A-lister[/MENTION] what do you think about "Work your Magic" and "Hold me"?

"Work Your Magic" was dreadful, "Hold Me" I can tolerate although it's pretty cheesy and clichéd as well.

Galandar

„Hold me“ was a really good entry... I miss those times :( Ive never really liked any our entry since 2013, except for Dijah last year.

A-lister

Veteran
„Hold me“ was a really good entry... I miss those times :( Ive never really liked any our entry since 2013, except for Dijah last year.

I actually thought all Azeri entries except for 2008, 2010, 2016 were ok, in particular I enjoyed 2012 and 2014. My biggest problem is that they are all imported especially for ESC, which makes them come across as a bit constructed and lacks authenticity.

Galandar

I actually thought all Azeri entries except for 2008, 2010, 2016 were ok, in particular I enjoyed 2012 and 2014. My biggest problem is that they are all imported especially for ESC, which makes them come across as a bit constructed and lacks authenticity.
True but for instance, last year we went really alternative and Dihaj put a lot of efforts of her own to the song. I liked that a lot

Ezio

Veteran

Dijah was the best, and 2008 is legendary for me.... the rest of Azeri entries are so unoriginal it hurts

ag89

I hope Azeris will get courage to produce their own song, in their own language, with their own team of people, with a hint of their traditional costumes or something. Okay, we get it, you want to send a message you are an up to date, modern country, but still that's not the reason to pretend your own music, your own language, your own whatsoever doesn't exist. The same goes for Georgia, but they decided, after 11 years, to send something Georgian.

hijirio

Veteran
Top Bottom