14 7.3%

14 7.3%

11 5.7%

7 3.6%

31 16.1%

• Total voters

hijirio

Veteran
She should have sung in Azeri. She would have nothing to lose, she couldn't qualify anyway.......

Galandar

I suspect we definitely do. Skeletons and Start a Fire were my favourite songs of those years, way way better for me than the song they actually won with.
Skeletons was a really good product. I am Azerbaijani and I enjoyed it a lot. It was mostly a local product with some alternative ideas of Dihaj herself used for the staging. I think only the lyrics of the song were written by a Swedish composer. In any case we failed this time so I hope we finally use a different strategy at ESC.

Sammy

Veteran
I suspect we definitely do. Skeletons and Start a Fire were my favourite songs of those years, way way better for me than the song they actually won with.

I liked Skeletons a lot, also Hold me and Hour of the wolf. I even liked Miracle. On the other hand, Start a fire, When the music dies, Drip Drop.... not so much my cup of tea. ;)

Preuss

Start A Fire is the best thing that’s happened to Eurovision

Ezio

Veteran
Probably the most deserving non-qualifier ever. After so many years and with this nothing of a song, finally!

Chorizo

I'm happy they finally failed to qualify. I hope Mother Russia will join Azerbaijan on Thursday.

wtf

I was the one who kept on saying "Azerbaijan WILL qualify". I feel sorry now. I truly believed it would and am still shocked. Yes, the song was very bland, but the performance looked visually better than most.

But I hope Azerbaijan learns from this year and will send a winning candidate next year. They've really let their guard down lately.

PashonFrut

Just saw her live performance on youtube. Can’t say I’m surprised. This song is very cheap and outdated. “Luna moon me up” ... really??

tuorem

Honestly, I'm "happy" too that Azerbaijan failed with this particular song. Firstly it was such a shame to pick such a fantastic jazz singer and make her sing a pop song, and secondly - as if it wasn't enough - the song had to be very dated and uninteresting. To me, it is by far the weakest Azeri effort ever (along with their debut song), I prefer "Running Scared" over "X My Heart", which is quite a feat honestly.

I remember when Aisel was announced I was so hyped and ready to have a hearfelt jazzy ballad in Azeri or a high-end-sounding song like "Others"...

I don't blame it on Aisel at all, she did what she could with what she had. ITV lacked flair big time, Kontopoulos already had given us "This Is Love", now it's a nice confirmation he's kind of running out of talent as a composer. Next case please.

Next year, Azeris better be lit. You are worth more than random songs like this one.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, I'm "happy" too that Azerbaijan failed with this particular song. Firstly it was such a shame to pick such a fantastic jazz singer and make her sing a pop song, and secondly - as if it wasn't enough - the song had to be very dated and uninteresting. To me, it is by far the weakest Azeri effort ever (along with their debut song), I prefer "Running Scared" over "X My Heart", which is quite a feat honestly.

I remember when Aisel was announced I was so hyped and ready to have a hearfelt jazzy ballad in Azeri or a high-end-sounding song like "Others"...

I don't blame it on Aisel at all, she did what she could with what she had. ITV lacked flair big time, Kontopoulos already had given us "This Is Love", now it's a nice confirmation he's kind of running out of talent as a composer. Next case please.

Next year, Azeris better be lit. You are worth more than random songs like this one.

Everything you said was on point!

And something like “Others” would have been amazing. “Luna loon me up”? Like... what is that supposed to mean? #nothankyou

Sabina Babayeva please comeback

hawadharma

Wow. This "Others" song is lit! Would've been my fav!!

Top Bottom