31 16.1%

• Total voters

Charly

Great staging, but I did find at times underwhelming :/

Realest

images

Preuss

Aisel writes history, sadly.
Dilara and Aisel have been my two favourites from Azerbaijan...... look what's happened...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Why did the streak have to end here tonight. I voted for Aisel, it should have qualified. :(

Preuss

Aisel's the most interesting singer since Dilara and should've been allowed to continue the Sabina and Dilara era with a jazz song with ethnic instruments...

cegs5

Sadly her performance didn't stand out. It hurts to think she'll hold the infamous label of being the first Azeri NQ... she doesn't deserve that :-(

Sammy

Veteran
Maybe that will make them change their strategy. Instead of promising azeri lyrics, they could come back with a strong ethnic entry.

Grinch

No Azerbaijan in the final :eek: for the first time :eek:

Poor Aysel :(

musicfan

Maybe that will make them change their strategy. Instead of promising azeri lyrics, they could come back with a strong ethnic entry.

They've chosen good non-ethnic songs though in recent years. I wouldn't say some of those qualifying are exactly ethnic either, like the overrated Bulgarian one.

Galandar

Pity but I am not unhappy about the result. Instead, I feel sorry about Aisel. This could negatively impact her future career :(

mauve

Veteran
She had one of the weakest Performances tonight, so it's Logical, she didn't make it - at least to me.

Sammy

Veteran
They've chosen good non-ethnic songs though in recent years. I wouldn't say some of those qualifying are exactly ethnic either, like the overrated Bulgarian one.

Well, on the quality of their previous songs we might differ in opinion. But they had the same strategy for years *cough*swedish production*cough*. I don't know if the turn versus ethnic is the right one (that was just an idea), but a change is surely what's needed now.

musicfan

She had one of the weakest Performances tonight, so it's Logical, she didn't make it - at least to me.

I didn't think it was bad. The song was definitely one of the better constructed to me, the set design was better than some like that Austrian one lol.

I suppose there are some polished performances (like Estonia) of some very average songs, but a tidy performance doesn't make the music any better unfortunately, and that's how I always feel about some qualifiers.

musicfan

Well, on the quality of their previous songs we might differ in opinion.

I suspect we definitely do. Skeletons and Start a Fire were my favourite songs of those years, way way better for me than the song they actually won with.

Top Bottom