22 11.5%

14 7.3%

14 7.3%

11 5.7%

7 3.6%

31 16.1%

• Total voters

0scar

I have seen this as sure qualifier since it was released... I might be a minority here, Aisel is a good singer, a professional performer, she has a good team backing her up, the song is really catchy and easy to digest and the chorus is memorable... it got all the ticks. I don't know why the eurfan base consider it as a weak entry.

Agreed

Based on the snippets, I thought this had the best rehearsal today xshrug . Best staging out of the 9 today (counting out Estonia as we've seen a somewhat similar staging already in their national final).

Bakinka

Luna moon me up!)

423473114f90.png

Iker

Veteran
I have seen this as sure qualifier since it was released... I might be a minority here, Aisel is a good singer, a professional performer, she has a good team backing her up, the song is really catchy and easy to digest and the chorus is memorable... it got all the ticks. I don't know why the eurfan base consider it as a weak entry.

Because it's the very definition of middle-of-the-road and the lyrics are uninspired & meaningless (albeit they are little quirky in unintended way which is a slight plus for me). The melody / instrumentation combo itself is unremarkable. Catchy but in easily forgettable way for me. This song is like an ideal example of what I dislike in music. But admittedly I don't loathe it as I did when I listened to it for the first time.

Mediocre for me, sounds like bonus track of Katy Perry circa 2011.

cegs5

Because it's the very definition of middle-of-the-road and the lyrics are uninspired & meaningless (albeit they are little quirky in unintended way which is a slight plus for me). The melody / instrumentation combo itself is unremarkable. Catchy but in easily forgettable way for me. This song is like an ideal example of what I dislike in music. But admittedly I don't loathe it as I did when I listened to it for the first time.

Mediocre for me, sounds like bonus track of Katy Perry circa 2011.

You just described what Heroes is for me... however I always admited it was a potential winner. The same with many other "mid of road with unispired lyrics" songs that suceeded on the past.
My judgement about this entry is not based in my personal taste (although I do like it and it's in my top10)... of course, I can be proven wrong, but at least X My Heart stands good chances imo.

Iker

Veteran
You just described what Heroes is for me... however I always admited it was a potential winner. The same with many other "mid of road with unispired lyrics" songs that suceeded on the past.
My judgement about this entry is not based in my personal taste (although I do like it and it's in my top10)... of course, I can be proven wrong, but at least X My Heart stands good chances imo.

Heroes had something exciting going on for me while this is doing nothing when it comes to it, but I admit it's a subjective matter. None of these two are among my very favourites in their respective years though. I know about the plagiarism suggestions as far as Mans entry goes, but it still imo had flair that is sorely lacking in ''X My Heart''.

By all accounts Azerbaijan is going to have great staging though.

aletem

It looks great! I love it!

mauve

Veteran
Don't like the song, but just watched the Clip and have to say that it Looks and sounds very good! Much, much better than the first rehearsal. Thumbs up!

stephanos13

Why there are no full videos online from the rehearsals today? They are not allowed this year?

Up until last year reporters they could film the whole 2nd rehearsal for all the countries. Since it's the Azerbaijan thread I will use Azebraijan's 2017 2nd rehearsal as an example.

popavapeur

it's qualifying I guess, kinda uplifting and it's gonna have a mid placing during the finale, can't see it in any other way

John1

It's way better not to see the full rehearsals before the shows. You'd be surprised much less. ;)

lolita

They are not allowed to film full rehersals, none of the press. Only 30 seconds. It is the new rule this year. :)

Top Bottom