14 7.3%

14 7.3%

11 5.7%

7 3.6%

31 16.1%

• Total voters

Preuss

Re: AZERBAIJAN 2018

Beautiful singer, beautiful voice. She sings Jazz?? something like 2012 Sabina and 2014 Dilara again? please

Bakinka

Beautiful singer, beautiful voice. She sings Jazz?? something like 2012 Sabina and 2014 Dilara again? please

Yes, she sings jazz and Debora Carter was her teacher.

image_1379_01.jpg

Realest

Re: AZERBAIJAN 2018 - Aisel

Saara Aalto, now Aisel :eek:

Did you know her before??
I thought she is very unknown since her videos have only a few hundred views.

tuorem

Same! For one hot second, I was like: "Aysel? Meh, Azerbaijan 2018 CANCELLED"! :lol: I'd have been so disappointed!

I know nothing about that woman, but I already know without a doubt that: Aisel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aysel.

"Others" is a cool song - right up my alley in terms of atmosphere and sound - and I like her voice, she's got a warm tone. Damn, I hope her entry will be high quality: either a classy heartfelt ballad a la "Start A Fire" or - even better - something more fierce, dark, electronic and experimental-ish like "Others".

OMG, she writes her songs! Please let her bring her own material!

I'm officially hyped! xheart

Bakinka

Same! For one hot second, I was like: "Aysel? Meh, Azerbaijan 2018 CANCELLED"! :lol: I'd have been so disappointed!

I know nothing about that woman, but I already know without a doubt that: Aisel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aysel.

"Others" is a cool song - right up my alley in terms of atmosphere and sound - and I like her voice, she's got a warm tone. Damn, I hope her entry will be high quality: either a classy heartfelt ballad a la "Start A Fire" or - even better - something more fierce, dark, electronic and experimental-ish like "Others".

OMG, she writes her songs! Please let her bring her own material!

I'm officially hyped! xheart
Yes, she writes her own songs - not only music, but lyrics, too.

Her husband was very talented jazz pianist and composer Emil Ibrahim Mammadov. He died at 36.

Preuss

Something with the balaban please Azerbaijan

Ezio

Veteran

It's great that Azerbaijan sticks to bringing a different flavour to Eurovision than they used to until last year. However, a jazz formula and solo female act don't look too promising to me at the moment. Their record is a bit dire in recent years, but surely there will be another final.

tuorem

It's great that Azerbaijan sticks to bringing a different flavour to Eurovision than they used to until last year. However, a jazz formula and solo female act don't look too promising to me at the moment. Their record is a bit dire in recent years, but surely there will be another final.

Aisel doesn't sing jazz music only (like it's said in the video posted above, she's apparently into traditional music, electronic music, urban music as well etc.), so having a jazz background doesn't automatically mean she'll sing a jazz song in Eurovision. And even if she does, that would be new for Azerbaijan.

Personally, I think it's an asset because most of the jazz artists that participated in recent year rocked the contest (putting Valentina Monetta aside, Raphael Gualazzi, Rona Nishliu, Jamala and Salvador Sobral all did) by bringing standout entries and giving heartfelt performances that strongly resonated with both viewers and juries.

As for their recent placings, apart from Dilara's unfortunate 22nd place, I don't get the impression they've been doing that poorly. They don't slay the top 5 anymore, but their mid-table results aren't alarming either. Reaching the top 10 again - and more - is clearly doable for them imo.

Preuss

Aisel doesn't sing jazz music only (like it's said in the video posted above, she's apparently into traditional music, electronic music, urban music as well etc.), so having a jazz background doesn't automatically mean she'll sing a jazz song in Eurovision. And even if she does, that would be new for Azerbaijan.

Personally, I think it's an asset because most of the jazz artists that participated in recent year rocked the contest (putting Valentina Monetta aside, Raphael Gualazzi, Rona Nishliu, Jamala and Salvador Sobral all did) by bringing standout entries and giving heartfelt performances that strongly resonated with both viewers and juries.

As for their recent placings, apart from Dilara's unfortunate 22nd place, I don't get the impression they've been doing that poorly. They don't slay the top 5 anymore, but their mid-table results aren't alarming either. Reaching the top 10 again - and more - is clearly doable for them imo.

Dilara :( she was robbed

deese

This might probably mean that we wont hear a swedish song next year for the first time since 08.

Dihaj’s song was created by Azeri composer! You have problems with statistics

Realest

Dihaj’s song was created by Azeri composer! You have problems with statistics

Yes, I see. Only the Songwriter was a swede.

Odalis

Yes, I see. Only the Songwriter was a swede.

The lyricist was a swede. Music was written by an azeri composer Isa Melikov.
So no, it's not swedish production.

Preuss

Azerbaijan’s been underrated last year
Dilara was sabotaged by her team
Elnur 12th actually with those dancers...
Samra had a great song but i guess her placement was respectable
Dihaj should’ve been higher

not saying that azerbaijan did, but if they bought votes between 2008-2013 just imagine how poor placements they would’ve got?
Kinda my thought that Azerbaijan’s heavily underrated in this contest

Top Bottom