8 4.7%

7 4.1%

4 2.4%

2 1.2%

2 1.2%

8 4.7%

• Total voters

Preuss

I don't think Farid Mammadov would get 2nd place in today's Eurovision. It would be just another underrated Azerbaijani entry.
Or Dihaj, if she participated back in the days and got 2nd place, nobody would have realized. Cause it's actually good.
They still get high points from small states, though. Actually, especially in the last 4 years, they only get points from small states.
San marino, Malta, Montenegro.
Looks fishy. :?

Actually I don't think Malta has given Azerbaijan any points for many years now

Preuss

Dihaj was robbed :( This entry of Azerbaijan deserved a much higher position.

Definitely... Norway never gives points to Azerbaijan although I'm voting for Azerbaijan almost every year. Not the jury either which is hella weird

Preuss

Start a Fire challenges it, too early to say at this point which is better for me. But they are very different so maybe hard to compare anyway.

Start A Fire is better than Skeletonsn with a lightyear imo 8)

musicfan

Start A Fire is better than Skeletonsn with a lightyear imo 8)

That could be, as I say I like some time for things to settle down. I always go off some songs I originally like. Ballads often have more longevity too.

hijirio

Veteran
Actually I don't think Malta has given Azerbaijan any points for many years now

Last year they got 10 points from Malta and 8 points the previous year.
The thing is, Azerbaijani voting pattern is simply all or nothing. They get very high points from small countries, and zero from a lot of countries. Last year in the semi they got these points from televote: 12-12-10-7-10-8-7-7-10-10
All the other countries gave them 0.
Interestingly enough, there's also some weird relationship between Montenegrin, Albanian and Azerbaijani juries. Could also add San Marino to that group.
I'll elaborate on that after further analysis. :D

musicfan

Just checked through and this does seem my favourite of the year now, I'd put the Dutch one second and Italian third.

PashonFrut

As much as I love Diana as an artist, her song 'Skeletons' can never compete with Farid's 'Hold Me'. Absolutely never ... they are lightyears apart in terms of quality and production. 2nd place was well deserved, I actually would have prefered Farid as winner of ESC instead of Eldar & Nikki.

PashonFrut

It's interesting that ever since EBU started investigasting the rigged votes after Farid Mammadov's 2nd place in 2013, Azerbaijan started having bad results.

Is this really a coincidence?

No it's more like after Ell & Nikki's win Azerbaijan became lazier and started sending less good songs. Farid cannot be compared with anything that came after him. Not on the same level.

And u know, it's annoying to see such theories coming up. So anytime Azerbaijan is in top5 = rigged votes. Anytime it's outside of top 5= because not rigged. It's as if each and every year Azerbaijan is supposed to be doing extremely bad for some people to shut up about votes being rigged. It does well when it sends a song that appeals to a WIDER audience than it does when it sends something that has a much lesser appeal.

musicfan

No it's more like after Ell & Nikki's win Azerbaijan became lazier and started sending less good songs. Farid cannot be compared with anything that came after him. Not on the same level.

I don't agree at all. I think Start a Fire and this year's are the best ones. Running Scared like quite a few winners won't hold up I think, because like a lot of consensus choices it's rather middle of the road and of the moment.

Laepo1

Both Portugal and Italy jury gave 12 points to Azerbaijan...I wonder if that was prearranged :lol:

aef

This is by far my biggest grower of the season!! :eek: xlove

I really underestimated it for a long time (well in fact I almost hated it) but soon after the final I started liking it and it stuck in my head...

But I'm still not that keen on the chorus and I have no clear opinion about that extraordinary staging... :lol:

Bakinka

Thanks, Diana, at least you can be satisfied that you've tried to do your best.

18555915_954218128048419_9105917061957010663_n.jpg

Preuss

She did everything, too bad that the juries and televoters underrated her ):

Fluke

Is she wearing an Adidas tracksuit?

eurovizian

This is by far my biggest grower of the season!! :eek: xlove

I really underestimated it for a long time (well in fact I almost hated it) but soon after the final I started liking it and it stuck in my head...

But I'm still not that keen on the chorus :lol:

Yes, I agree on all counts. The chorus is especially grating.

midnightsun

Veteran
I'm still listening to this daily. It's such a BRILLIANT song, I absolutely ADORE it! The performance in the final was very cool, unfortunately her voice wasn't the best. :-( I voted for her multiple times though; what a pity she wasn't ranked higher.

Top Bottom