Administrator
AZERBAIJAN.png

Preuss

Re: AZERBAIJAN 2017

I hope they send something like 2012 or 2014 again... :D

A-lister

Veteran

C'mon Azerbaijan, mark your 10th year anniversary in ESC 2017 by giving us your 9th Swedish import in a row, we know you can! :lol:

Jokes aside I think it's tragic, why not even willing to push any local talents? What is the broadcaster so afraid of or are Azeris unable to create music? xshrug

I think the broadcaster has a weird perspective, they want to market themselves but not market their own talents, and the irony becomes that by constantly sending imported products it looks as if Azerbaijan is devoid of any musical talents.

I think it's sad because I would really like to hear what Azerbaijan could come up with by themselves.

DenizESC

Banned

C'mon Azerbaijan, mark your 10th year anniversary in ESC 2017 by giving us your 9th Swedish import in a row, we know you can! :lol:

Jokes aside I think it's tragic, why not even willing to push any local talents? What is the broadcaster so afraid of or are Azeris unable to create music? xshrug

I think the broadcaster has a weird perspective, they want to market themselves but not market their own talents, and the irony becomes that by constantly sending imported products it looks as if Azerbaijan is devoid of any musical talents.

I think it's sad because I would really like to hear what Azerbaijan could come up with by themselves.

Don't fotget that they only seem to send artists from the Voice Turkey lately. Not to be mean, but I don't think Azerbaijan is able to build their own talents right now. They don't have that many local talents and I do think there is a reason for them not sending own produced songs. Their media is really weak and they all just watch Turkish TV as far as I know. I mean I love Azerbaijan but It's the truth..

A-lister

Veteran

Don't fotget that they only seem to send artists from the Voice Turkey lately. Not to be mean, but I don't think Azerbaijan is able to build their own talents right now. They don't have that many local talents and I do think there is a reason for them not sending own produced songs. Their media is really weak and they all just watch Turkish TV as far as I know. I mean I love Azerbaijan but It's the truth..

They're a country of approximaly 9.6 million people, I honestly see no excuse here and find it weird that there would be none? I mean if Iceland with 0.3 million people can send not just local artists, but always locally made, then I see no reason why Azerbaijan couldn't?

DenizESC

Banned

They're a country of approximaly 9.6 million people, I honestly see no excuse here and find it weird that there would be none? I mean if Iceland with 0.3 million people can send not just local artists, but always locally made, then I see no reason why Azerbaijan couldn't?

Yeah you're right. They do have some talents but they may not trust them enough? I know it's still no excuse but I can't make anything of it. I would love to see something Azerbaijan made by themselves but I doubt it will happen.

Brandt

Does Samra have anything to do with The Voice of Turkey?

Farahim

i agree with about trust and reason was gigantic money delivered to the country. But you dont live in azerbaijan. If you have no idea about country please don't write for sure "they all just watch". Btw our songs also use by turkish singers.

this is just recent

Miri Yusif Bagisla :az:

Funda Arar - Bağışla :tr: (copy)

Farahim

i also remember this song also has Greece version but cannot find it.

ELDAR MANSUROV - Bayatilar

Brilliant Dadashova Bayatilar

Mrm

Veteran

Someone's selling garden roses down the square
People gathering by to breathe the morning air
But no one sees the bitter cold and shivering empty hands

A school girl running by and trying to beat the bell
People dropping, tossing coins in wishing wells
But no one cares for dreams that don't fit into our world

Maybe nightfall darkens skies
And maybe teardrops stain our eyes
But may the slightest light start a fire

A soldier in the hands of a forgotten mess
Digging out the burning bullets in his chest
So eager, bold and noble - printing footsteps on this earth

Maybe teardrops stain our eyes

Start a fire

xcry xcry xheart

Clearly the best ESC lyrics EVER..

I still can't believe how she ruined that entry live! :( :(

Preuss

Someone's selling garden roses down the square
People gathering by to breathe the morning air
But no one sees the bitter cold and shivering empty hands

A school girl running by and trying to beat the bell
People dropping, tossing coins in wishing wells
But no one cares for dreams that don't fit into our world

And maybe teardrops stain our eyes

A soldier in the hands of a forgotten mess
Digging out the burning bullets in his chest
So eager, bold and noble - printing footsteps on this earth

Maybe teardrops stain our eyes

Start a fire

xcry xcry xheart

Clearly the best ESC lyrics EVER..

I still can't believe how she ruined that entry live! :( :(

she should've weared a dark dress like in the music video and darker hair and that awesome red lipstick :(
well my family didn't noticed anything about her voice during the performance, they thought that her voice was beautiful but they had not heard the studio version so...

PamSwynford

Tamilla Shirinova, Azeri HOD since 2015, has resigned from her duty. Ictimai TV is currently looking for her replacement.

Alaska49

if she was responsible for azerbaijan not sucking an entire bag of dicks the last two years then this is terrible news. the azeri hod needs to be someone who will buy actually good songs from sweden, since sweden itself couldn't be arsed to send a good one half of the time these days.

Krishoes

Dilara´s entry always makes me emotional when I listen to it (in the studio version xD)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I thought Dilara's semi performance was quite beautiful actually; she just cocked it up in the final.

DanielLuis

Dilara´s entry always makes me emotional when I listen to it (in the studio version xD)

Same here! It's one of the few songs that make me emotional! The studio version really is great.
Live was just awful though, her voice and her facial expressions were just weird :(

Top Bottom