30 12.7%

16 6.8%

11 4.6%

12 5.1%

5 2.1%

42 17.7%

• Total voters

greece

Is it just me or do people only demand ethno stuff from Eastern countries? I never hear people say "That Sweden better send an ethno song next time". Nobody seems to complain when other Western countries send songs without much national favor. Does Rise Like a Phoenix feel like an "Austrian" song (whatever that means)? But for some reason, Eastern ones have to send ethno in their native language. And if they don't, it's usually held against them.

Nothing against them at all but Azerbaijan sends every year Swedish songs.RLAP at least imho has an Austrian air and it reminds CE's entry

tsegaye

Have you seen the jury voting from Azerbaijan? I'm 100% sure that it's manipulated by someone with mighty powers in Azerbaijan... I mean everyone ranked Armenia last (of course), they ranked Austria second or third last and Sweden between 22-24. Someone definetly said how the jury should rank them!

greece

Have you seen the jury voting from Azerbaijan? I'm 100% sure that it's manipulated by someone with mighty powers in Azerbaijan... I mean everyone ranked Armenia last (of course), they ranked Austria second or third last and Sweden between 22-24. Someone definetly said how the jury should rank them!

Or it's jury by it's own that ranked them like this on purpose xthink

Mlyn

Banned
Azerbaijan paid the bill this year for cheating on us with a very bad result. Actually, I think it wasn't their worst song (looking at 2010 and 2011), but still they deserved it.

It also seems like the Turkish diaspora all over Europe let them down completely, because Azerbaijan sank in the televotes to last and second last places in the televoting in countries where many Turkish people from Turkey live. They might have lost interest at all this year maybe......

Quent91

Azerbaijan: 'It is doubtful Dilara finished 22nd' | Eurovision 2015 Predictions, Polls, Odds, Rankings | WiwiBloggs.Com

I don´t know what to say, it´s very clear now that they are not ready taking part in the Contest yet despite it being 6 years since they began, :oops: xfacepalm

Still very entertaining reading all whitewash about why they get a bad placing xpopcorn

pfff how childish ! They finish in the top 5 every year, but you cannot always be a winner. Some people should accept to loose. A lot of other countries would like to have the same success than Azerbaïdjan but they don't complain when they stay in the semi-final.

anto475

Azerbaijan: 'It is doubtful Dilara finished 22nd' | Eurovision 2015 Predictions, Polls, Odds, Rankings | WiwiBloggs.Com

I don´t know what to say, it´s very clear now that they are not ready taking part in the Contest yet despite it being 6 years since they began, :oops: xfacepalm

Still very entertaining reading all whitewash about why they get a bad placing xpopcorn

It's the most ridiculous thing in the world, I'm sure if we let them win every year they'd probably complain that they're not getting as much 12 points as they expected.

A-lister

Veteran
For a change I found Azerbaijan truly underrated. However, the performance didn't do much to me, but the song is still a top. 10 imo. I guess it got lost amongst all the ballads, but still.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Ridiculous. Perhaps someone should point back to them how the early favourite to win the contest was ranked dead last by each of their jurors and how mechanical their whole top 25 looked, each of the favourites conveniently placed near the bottom. They seem to be pointing their fingers at the jury when in truth, it was the jury that helped them reach the final. They got beaten by the tiniest micro state in both the semi and final public voting.

Oh and the British Polish votes eh? We can also point out a fun, very similar little fact in regards to Azerbaijan's votes for Austria. Conchita is ranked 2nd last by their jury but in the top 3 by the public of the country.. Oh but it's all alright though as the juror's votes were so bizarre over there that Conchita still managed to pick up a nice single point from the people of Azerbaijan. We wouldn't want to question that now would we? But of course, scandal in the UK!

"Start a Fire" was a beautiful song, the best composition that Azerbaijan has ever sent to the contest in my opinion. They got the place they deserved with it though. The performance to put it as simply as possible, just wasn't good. Somehow Dilara's english managed to get even worse. It was a jumble of sounds coming from her mouth, none of which I could understand. The performance was too much and felt insincere.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
They sent their best entry ever in my opinion but it was clearly not a song for everyone. Surely they should've know that? :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
To see a scandal just because the result is a different one than polls or journalists opinion brfore the contest is just showing that you don't (want) to understand the mechanisms of Eurovision. The Azeris should have a chat with Israel on that matter. ;)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Actually Azerbaijan got 8 more points in the final televoting than San Marino

I was referring to the tele vote in which San Marino beat Azerbaijan by 1 point (I believe). In the semi San Marino was 8th with the public vote and miles ahead of Azerbaijan who only made it to the final with by the help of the jury.

Final
San Marino 15
Slovenia 15
Azerbaijan 14

Semi Final
San Marino 58
Iceland 50
Montenegro 43
Azerbaijan 43

I took this from the tele voting thread anyway.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I was referring to the tele vote in which San Marino beat Azerbaijan by 1 point (I believe). In the semi San Marino was 8th with the public vote and miles ahead of Azerbaijan who only made it to the final with by the help of the jury.

Final
San Marino 15
Slovenia 15
Azerbaijan 14

Semi Final
San Marino 58
Iceland 50
Montenegro 43
Azerbaijan 43

I took this from the tele voting thread anyway.

Huh? xthink

Eurovision Song Contest 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says here Azerbaijan was one place above San Marino in the final. But yeah I get your point :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Huh? xthink

Eurovision Song Contest 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says here Azerbaijan was one place above San Marino in the final. But yeah I get your point :lol:

Yeah I knowxfacepalm That's the split jury/televoting results you linked to there. I was making the point that San Marino this year beat Azerbaijan in just the televote.

Combined, i'm well aware that Azerbaijan beat San Marino overall. I'm just saying how darn impressive it is that Valentina managed to pick up more votes from the public that this powerful country. It's a shame though how the jury once again weren't behind Valentina. In fact, it actually makes me quite angry. Valentina was safely in the final by public vote but the jury almost wrecked her chances, bringing it down to a 1 point difference. The schmaltz over the years that the juries have gone weak at the knees for, yet they won't cut the beautiful, sincere Valentina a break.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I still fail to see your point as that's televoting only but okay :lol:

I see now on the wiki page I can open up a split graph and San Marino is below Azerbaijan in the televoting there. I was adamant that San Marino were ahead as the thread on our forum where the votes were displayed had San Marino in front by a point. I'm confused now.. In fact I think I know what it is...

The person that did the topic here didn't count the votes of the countries who only used a jury vote like San Marino, Albania etc. On the wiki page Azerbaijan has 26 points, in the thread on our forum they have 14. San Marino jury gave Azerbaijan 12 points. 26 - 12 is 14. There we have it. San Marino beat Azerbaijan in the public vote if we discard the countries who only used a jury.... MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

EuroLove

Ridiculous. Perhaps someone should point back to them how the early favourite to win the contest was ranked dead last by each of their jurors and how mechanical their whole top 25 looked, each of the favourites conveniently placed near the bottom. They seem to be pointing their fingers at the jury when in truth, it was the jury that helped them reach the final. They got beaten by the tiniest micro state in both the semi and final public voting.

There is the same story every year after Eurovision :confused: Wasn't it so that Sweden, Denmark even Finland gave to Azerbaijan 0 point last year when Azerbaijan came actually as the 2nd? Did it also mean that Denmark as a winner and Sweden intentionally gave 0 points to Azerbaijan to reduce chance of Farid to beat the favorite? Denmark was obvious favorite last year. Why can't we just enjoy Eurovision without rumors...or why we have to take every step of Azerbaijan as something against ESC.

Pawhlen

To see a scandal just because the result is a different one than polls or journalists opinion brfore the contest is just showing that you don't (want) to understand the mechanisms of Eurovision. The Azeris should have a chat with Israel on that matter. ;)

Same for us back in 2008 too ;)

SRBIJA

Banned
Kinda sucks to see they failed only now with their best entry tbh (then again it was quite a mess live)

Top Bottom