Contact us

Austria || WV174 - Entry Sent

BernadetteCydonia

Hi, uhm, can the mods grant me the rights to 'own' this thread from now on? And also move it out of the archives? Danke schön ;)

+ Quoting this opening post just to keep memories of the old one after I house mine:

:at: Grüß Gott! :at:

Hallstatt.jpg

Former Entries (Austria):

Former Countries/Entries (SG)

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 100 ► Onwards to Western USA! Hi Merio!

The move is done and I have found my new 'home' in WV after being forcefully 'evicted' for not complying to the rules. Ahw I'm gonna miss my temporary stay-place :c But fear not Austria, I'm going from your neighbours and your historical allies to your place! xheya

So the Austrian WV 100 entry is related to one of the members in the WV community for... let me just say, a specific reason you'll only find out later, okay? :D But right now I can only reveal that I'm already preparing for my flop xcookie

(Genesis
rolleyes23d.gif
)

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 100 ► Bauchklang - Good You Do

:at: WE GONNA DO IT A CAPPELLA! :at:

Austria.png

Oufffff it feels great to return to this contest after a brief hiatus. So I had to take up a country from where Bauchklang originate... and do something about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why this song?

I ended up seeing the band's name lurking on someone's bio (soon you'll see whose), and decided to 'try' them out on the New Year's after briefly watching one of their concerts (the one from Verdur Rock 2005 precisely) and hearing a couple of songs from them, and the one that had some passable lyrical content got me. So I went to Spotify, found it and listened to it ^_^ And then I thought that I shall send this whenever I get to Austria, but since my Hungary obsession, Austria had to wait for a while... and here we go anyway.

I like it because it has a really cool a cappella arrangement, interesting lyrics and the way it is sung gets me. And that instrumental bridge though... so great.

Oh and one more thing: I told Genesis in the LL that one of the Archive members is in this band as well (that's why "Hi Merio")... well, was before leaving for Archive not quite immediately after being there - just being a part of the band in around 2005 and Archive in around 2006. It was Pollard Berrier:

250605bau126.jpg

(he's the crazy-eyed fuck in the middle, I hope)

Anyway. Please, spare a vote to Austria, will you.

tenor.gif

yeah I ran out of gifs, so what

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 100 ► Bauchklang - Good You Do

It's likely the least amount of points Austria is getting in a contest after The Makemakes, isn't it. :lol:

Anyway, yeah I know, I shouldn't have had high hopes with this song to begin with, but I always wanted to have it as my first one when I thought of going for Austria in WV (before changing my mind and having Hungary instead) despite the result. I was always going on for this extra cred of Pollard Berrier's and at least ONE notice from Merio (maybe reply as well) and maybe to introduce these guys to more WV people than just Anselm I guess :p Though it's okay if you didn't really have a great first impression of them, the deadpan reaction of everyone's in the LL really sold me the general fact that this was never going to be great to begin with. xD And hey, I finally managed to finish last with the same song in two different contests xcheer

So, even if it's just 3, still thanks for them points. Really splendid.

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 101 ► Onwards to Western USA... again?! (with a catchy jazzy uptempo tune B-) )

Time to hang onto the second edition! xheya

This time we're in with a legend, and if that legend gets also underrated, then we will sue. :cool:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 101 ► Onwards to Western USA... again?! (with a catchy jazzy uptempo tune B-) )

jazzy and uptempo???? sis you already have my point

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 101 ► Parov Stelar - Catgroove

:at: TRYNA BE A COOL CAT THIS TIME!:at:

austria.png

Why this song?

Well, originally I was gonna take another song through, but I didn't end up getting to because I remembered this 'classic' at the back of my head. I first heard it on - and I'm serious - an Ariana Grande YTP (that no longer exists). Sure, it was a little pitch shifted and interspersed with the "f*** you right in the pussy!" meme, but that didn't stop me from being curious of the song's name... heheh. :D

About the song itself now: it's got a real cool tone to it, and the groove as well. Nothing else, nothing more or less to add.

Anyway, I really hope y'all end up giving Austria some more love this edition, even moreso than Bauchklang received! xlove I trust in you making this right for me and for the country itself, and if you don't... well then fine :rolleyes: but at least I will always have Ana the (ra)Queen on my side:

jazzy and uptempo???? sis you already have my point

PviLpMv.png

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥​

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

aaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is bad

Well, if anything, thank God this was better achieved than the previous entry, which is fantastic in its own terms, yaassss. Thanks a lot. But still lo-ki devastated for such a cool tune not being good enough for the final. :( But what else can I do about it, moaning will defo get me nowhere so I better be grateful this was at least received well by some, oof. Thanks again, especially to that cool cat who gave this a 10. IOU (not the Irish song, but I do owe you sth back tbh ;) )! xheya

Time to brush up after this... I better find sth good by the deadline of the 102nd's submissions then :confused:

p.s.:

Remember when I said about me discovering this song through an Ariana Grande YTP? I finally found this video again and I couldn't be more satisfied to share it with you guys :D ("Catgroove" plays at 0:11)

LastDreamer

Banned

I thought that your country is :hu: :eek:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 102 ► Break time I guess lololol

I'm really sorry for not voting in final on time. And for being a fool who also tried to submit late votes when they are barely ever accepted. I would like to say it won't happen again but there's no promise that I can keep nowadays. xcrazy

At least this breaktime will be a decent way to let me research some more of the Austrian music in the meantime. :D Right now I only know a small handful of artists unfortunately (Parov Stelar, Ina Regen, Wanda, Soap&Skin, GuGabriel, MYNTH, Bilderbuch, Saint Lu, their ESC artists...) so one edition off would mean some more time that would be taken looking for better acts from there, right?... riiiiiiight?! :')

Tschüss amigos xwave

LastDreamer

Banned
Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 102 ► Break time I guess lololol

I can help with :at: acts selection, but you know my music taste, so possibly nobody will not like them.

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 103 ► We're back bitches!! Onwards to Yorkshire & the Humber with a pop-rock lady! xheart

See the title update? Yeah I'm back, and I definitely got on time with the entry! xheya

this time I made a clear hint of my entrant and her style. she's a pop-rock lady, what do you expect. also a song I knew from long ago. I hope it at least does a little better than my previous to entries and perhaps bring a qualification :) and if not... well thankfully I'm stuck with Austria for another while until I get back Hungary or some land of a more interesting country's opens up. Let's go a-WorldVisioning! xcookie

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WILLKOMMEN in ÖSTERREICH! WV 103 ► Christina Stürmer - Wir leben den Moment

:at: LOVING THE MOMENT OF BEING IN WV! :at:

Austria.png

Why this song?

I was a bit of a contest junkie online before joining forums' contests... or was it vice-versa? xthink Nevertheless, people would send music I would later end up liking, remembering and including in a lot of places, like this song. Well, I didn't exactly include it in a lot of places just yet :p but at least I never forgot it and how fun and late 00s it sounds. xD

And nothing else to say, really. Just a pop-rock lady to offer for this one.

Hope you vote A U S T R I A xheya

(no fancy gif this time, I'm out of ideas)

LastDreamer

Banned

YES !!! xrose

Now, just take something retro for the next contest.

Eulaliya

YES !!! xrose

Now, just take something retro for the next contest.

Either Joy or Christina Simon's project Vienna pls xpray Or Falco.

LastDreamer

Banned

Good luck in the semifinal.

BernadetteCydonia

Welp, I wasted everyone's points by enjoying our NF, therefore not voting in time when the deadline was even on out when it began. Mess

Ah well, I gotta try staying on track next time, otherwise I will waste everyone's points all the time and be universally panned because of it. Still, thanks for possibly having voted "Wir leben den Moment", I can't say I would have expected to qualify but if I did and I eventually shot myself in the foot then... goodness me, time to blame myself again. xfacepalm

Off to find something else for Austria for the 105th or whateverth one I'm coming back to. I might have even thought of switching a country just because, but eh, don't matter xheya

and thanks Lady Fate but wouldn't the hosts disqualify you for the revelation?? lol

p.s.:

I bet some were disappointed I didn't send this from hers, weren't you. :D

Top Bottom