Contact us

Austria || WV174 - Entry Sent

EDC0708

Unser Lied für Österreich - Summer Sizzlers!

I got my best result last edition, finishing in 4th place, so will now be aiming for a podium finish!

Returning for this national final are Cari Cari, who represented Austria two editions back, and Mona Lisa Twins, who have competed in three previous national finals.

The song with the most points will represent Austria this time, while the song with the second highest score will be sent as my backup entry. If you are aware of any potential issues with any of the songs, please let me know :)

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6:
to rank the 5 songs below

Send all votes by private conversation to me. I have cleared some space in my inbox in advance, let me know if my inbox fills up again, if you have an open conversation with me, you can reuse that if needed, as I have space for messages, just less for new conversations!

SONG 1: Summer Sun by Cari Cari
SONG 2: Die sunn und die by Pizzera and Jaus

SONG 3: Sommer aus Wien by Anger

SONG 4: Summa 2007 by Flo Gruber

SONG 5: June by Mona Lisa Twins

Voting closes 9pm CET on 7th July 2022​

EDC0708

Thanks to everyone who voted in my NF, your winner has been sent, with the runner-up as the back up entry.
It was the closest NF I have held, with 1st place just one point ahead of second!

ferret

Can't vote, your inbox is full...:(

EDC0708

Just sent you a message! Voting closed yesterday evening unfortunately, but many thanks for trying to vote, will ensure you get opputunity to vote in next edition's NF :)

EDC0708

Update - No change to the winner with the additional vote, but Ferret made it even closer, with it coming down to a tie break between the two!

EDC0708

Unser Lied für Österreich - Just the Two of Them - Part Zwei!

In the last two editions,I have had 4th place in the final, followed by last place in the semi, so let's hope for a return to success after last edition, with the second part of the duets national final, last time featured live performances, this one features music videos!

Many artists return with new songs, with some new artists as well.

The song with the most points will represent Austria this time, while the song with the second highest score will be sent as my backup entry. If you are aware of any potential issues with any of the songs, please let me know :)

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5: :4: :3:
to rank the 8 songs below

Send all votes by private conversation to me. I have cleared some space in my inbox in advance, let me know if my inbox fills up again, if you have an open conversation with me, you can reuse that if needed, as I have space for messages, just less for new conversations!

SONG 1: Steh Auf by Achtung Liebe
SONG 2: Angst by L'Âme Immortelle

SONG 3: Fake Smile by White Miles (Song starts at 0:39)

SONG 4: Lucy's Eyes by Papermoon

SONG 5: I Bought Myself A Politician by Mona Lisa Twins

SONG 6: Jelly Jelly by Cari Cari

SONG 7: The Future (Or The Now) by Exit Universe

SONG 8: Elba by Anger

Voting closes Midday CET on 6th August 2022​

Last edited:

EDC0708

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far, voting is currently tied for first place again, extending the deadline until midday cet on the 6th August

EDC0708

Thanks everyone who voted, the winner has been sent as the next Austrian entry!

EDC0708

Update: Although I thought I sent the entry this afternoon, it seems I filled out the whole form, and then forgot to press the submit button :(
I will return for edition 161, and will send the winner of the national final as my entry.

EDC0708

As promised above, the winning song from the national final for WV160 will now compete for Austria in WV161, thanks again to everyone who voted!

EDC0708

After three consecutive unsuccessful internal selections, Austria will be returning to a national final, and for the second time, I will be hosting a national final with multiple rounds, first to decide the competing artists, and song in Österreich Needs You...Again! Loosley based on the UK's 'Your Country Needs You' (this time based on the less succesful 2010 format, I have selected six new artists I have selected as possible options for Austria, all of which have not competed for Austria before!

Like the UK's YCNY 2010, I have included two male soloists, two female soloists, a female band, and a mixed gender band.

This year's contenders are:

Melissa Naschenweng is an Austrian musician and schlager singer, aged 32.
Julien Le Play is an Austrian singer-songwriter and radio presenter, from Vienna, aged 31.
Culk is an Austrian band that belongs to the shoegaze and post-punk styles. Formed in 2017, the mixed gender groups includes lead singer Sophie, with instruments performed by John, Benjamin and Christopher.
Madita, is an Austrian singer and actress of Bosnian descent. Her father is Bosnian folk singer Kemal Malovčić. Madita's music ranges from synth-pop to R&B to jazz, she is 44.
Chris Gelbmann is an Austrian singer-songwriter. In the last years he worked behind the scenes of the music industry, where he realised numerous major projects, including albums for Christina Sturmer, he is 50.
DIVES is a band from Vienna, consisting of Dora de Goederen, Tamara Leichtfried and Viktoria Kirner. The three got to know each other in 2015

Six great artists to pick from, but only three will make my national final, and I need you to help me select which three!

EDC0708

Österreich Needs You...Again!- Part Eins

In this round, you can vote by sending m the names of up to three artists out of the six below you would like to see in the final.
Next to each artist you vote for, simply add either STICK (to keep the current song) or SWITCH (to change to a different song from the same artist.)
If you vote SWITCH, you can also nominate an alternative song from that artist, however this is optional.

ARTIST 1: Melissa Naschenweng (performing I Steh Auf Bergbauernbuam)
ARTIST 2: Julien Le Play (Performing Starke Schulter)

ARTIST 3: Culk (Performing Faust)

ARTIST 4: Madita (Performing June)

ARTIST 5: Chris Gelbmann (Performing Borderline)

SONG 6: DIVES (Performing Tomorrow)

The three most voted artists will progress to the final, based on your votes and suggestions with either the same song, or an alternative one I select
Voting closes Midday CET on 13th January 2023

Example vote:
Artist A STICK
Artist C SWITCH
Artist D STICK

EDC0708

Voting is now closed for Round 1, the three artists progressing to the final are:
Melissa Naschenweng
Culk
DIVES

All three will repeat their songs in the final.

EDC0708

Österreich Needs You...Again!- The Final

Three songs remain, please rank the three using the following system:

:12: :10: :8:

Song 1: I Steh Auf Bergbauernbuam by Melissa Naschenweng
Song 2: Faust by Culk

SONG 3: Tomorrow by DIVES

The winning entry will represent Austria next edition, the runner up will be the back up entry.
Voting closes Midnight CET on 19th January 2023

EDC0708

Dancing Stars For Worldvision!​

I have been scoring badly lately, with two last places in the semi final in a row, so hoping for better results this time!

This national final is going to be a tribute to my favourite short lived Eurovision event, the Eurovision Dance Contest, which took place in 2007 and 2008, with Austria entering both editions. I intended for a dance themed national final last year to commemorate the event now being fifteen years old, but Worldvision was celebrating it's own anniversary on the same day, so I postponed for six months, and it will now celebrate EDC's 15 1/2th Birthday!

All songs in the national final have some connection to dance, either in the title or lyrics, or some dancing happening in the video itself. As always, please let me know if any of these aren't eligible.

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5: :4: :3:
to rank the 8 songs below

SONG 1: Imaginary Dances by AUREUM Saxophon Quartett
SONG 2: One More Time by Mona Lisa Twins

SONG 3: Marie by Alle Achtung

SONG 4: Traumtanzer by Simone Steltzer

SONG 5: Tanz Tanz Tanz by Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung

SONG 6: Dance Avec Moi by Zoë

SONG 7: Dancing Again by Papermoon

SONG 8: Tanz by Leo Aberer

Closing Date: 10th September 11am CET​

Last edited:

EDC0708

Many thanks to everyone who has voted! Will close the voting at 11 CET, and send the winning song as my entry.

EDC0708

Voting is now closed, thanks everyone who voted, just one point decided the winner!

EDC0708

Unser Lied für Österreich - Third Place Lucky!

For the next two Austrian National finals, I am looking back at entries that finished 3rd place in previous editions, in case I had a great gem that was missed back then! There will be a national final in future for runner ups, which the runner up of this edition may qualify for.

I have held 11 national finals previously, as in one case the 3rd place finisher ended up going to Worldvision, that gives 10 potential entries, which I have split into two national finals of two.

Use the points system
:12: :10: :8: :7: :6:
to rank the 5 songs below

SONG 1: Hoch Am Berg by Alf Poier
SONG 2: Ba Ba Bank Uberfall by Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung

SONG 3: Million Euro Smile by The Makemakes

SONG 4: Out of the Blue by Florence Arman

SONG 5: June by Mona Lisa Twins

Voting closes 9pm CET on 20th April 2023​

Top Bottom