Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

Usually I would agree with you, but as long as the song convinces me and the act has a good voice live, I couldn't care less. ;)

The issue I have with these candidates is that they often just capitalize on their popularity from The Voice and not because of the song, a good example was Jamie Lee in 2016 who won shortly after her victory because of the hype and despite the fact that "Ghost" wasn´t really a good ESC song.

mauve

Veteran
The issue I have with these candidates is that they often just capitalize on their popularity from The Voice and not because of the song, a good example was Jamie Lee in 2016 who won shortly after her victory because of the hype and despite the fact that "Ghost" wasn´t really a good ESC song.
In my opinion, "Ghost" wasn't such a bad song, at least it didn't deserve last place. I know you said ESC-song, but sometimes it's hard to predict which song attracts people and which not. But in this aspect I should keep my mouth shut cause I am really not good at guessing ESC-songs. :LOL:

ESC94

In my opinion, "Ghost" wasn't such a bad song, at least it didn't deserve last place. I know you said ESC-song, but sometimes it's hard to predict which song attracts people and which not. But in this aspect I should keep my mouth shut cause I am really not good at guessing ESC-songs. :LOL:

What I wanted to say: They shouldn´t make the mistake and just try to capitalize on this kind of popularity and forget the song.

Franzilein

Could also just send Visions of Atlantis (o PLEASE Österreich) and get free twelve points from Finland (and me xblush)

marty

I would not say that Matthias Nebel is popular.

Ezio

Veteran
Geiler Sound.

Ezio

Veteran
Condregulations, Vienna, voted the unfriendliest city in the world

Lindon

Condregulations, Vienna, voted the unfriendliest city in the world
"Vienna is different" (self-description)

Edit:
The mayor of Vienna minutes ago when asked how he explains that expats voted Vienna the most unfriendly city in the world.

Because they don't understand our humor.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Could also just send Visions of Atlantis (o PLEASE Österreich) and get free twelve points from Finland (and me xblush)

This!

I´ve bought their album "Delta" when they still had the former lead singer from Greece but apart from that (and even some songs on that album) they weren´t really my cup of tea and I lost track... but... I got their latest album as a birthday present and I absolutely loved it - it´s well-crafted Symphonic Metal and the male lead singer from the Italian band Temperance lift their songs to another level! - I just bought their other recent released (after the line-up change).

I´d be clearly voting for :at: if they send them to Eurovision (with something as good as their tracks on their recent album!).

I´m still pressed we ended up with a generic EDM song performed by someone who hasn´t been able to hit most of the notes (when great artists were part of the internal selection).

Franzilein

This!

I´ve bought their album "Delta" when they still had the former lead singer from Greece but apart from that (and even some songs on that album) they weren´t really my cup of tea and I lost track... but... I got their latest album as a birthday present and I absolutely loved it - it´s well-crafted Symphonic Metal and the male lead singer from the Italian band Temperance lift their songs to another level! - I just bought their other recent released (after the line-up change).

I´d be clearly voting for :at: if they send them to Eurovision (with something as good as their tracks on their recent album!).

I´m still pressed we ended up with a generic EDM song performed by someone who hasn´t been able to hit most of the notes (when great artists were part of the internal selection).

Yeah, I was flabbergasted when I found out that they had "Melancholy Angel" as a possible candidate for this year... and didn't take it. Like... bruh. Not only Michele, we could've had Clém Delauney on the ESC stage. The robbery. xexcuseme Especially considering your last point which I totally agree with. Wonder how the selection process went, did they only listen to the record version without having the candidates sing live before choosing their representative?

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, I was flabbergasted when I found out that they had "Melancholy Angel" as a possible candidate for this year... and didn't take it. Like... bruh. Not only Michele, we could've had Clém Delauney on the ESC stage. The robbery. xexcuseme Especially considering your last point which I totally agree with. Wonder how the selection process went, did they only listen to the record version without having the candidates sing live before choosing their representative?
Let´s hope that they will try again anytime soon - especially since it´s 100% televoting in the semis now and Symphonic Metal still has a big following across Europe (it´s a niche genre, for sure, but I can totally see fans of that genre supporting such a big name .. whereas pop fans have a lot to choose from on a Eurovision night).

I guess that´s the "issue" when too many people decide on a Eurovision entry - they will find some sort of compromise and get a contemporary and trend-chasing song? "Halo" was catchy, for sure - but also quite generic....

If I remember it correctly, they waited for some live auditions to announce the winner of the "internal duel" - it´s strange that they chose Pia in the end... :D

marty

Visions of Atlantis submitted their song too late. They might be part of this years selection again since Eberhard Forcher visited their concert in Graz in summer and posted it on fb with the comment "esc casting".

Ezio

Veteran
I think in semifinals which are decided by televoters, I guess Visions of Atlantis is a very reasonable pick then, albeit it's not my cup of tia kofi. They have Top 3 potential with televoters, but a huge flop potential with juries.

Could give us a Moldova 2022 result or so.

Franzilein

Visions of Atlantis submitted their song too late. They might be part of this years selection again since Eberhard Forcher visited their concert in Graz in summer and posted it on fb with the comment "esc casting".

O, the misery. Fingers crossed for 2023 then, hopefully with another banger of a song.

Top Bottom