Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Every countries dream to win. It must be a proud feeling being an Austrian back there. In 2023 it will be 9 years since their victory. I don't know much about Austria music scene though. It will be interesting if there will be internal selection though. As of right now, we don't know if lumix will qualify. Good luck Österreich.

Ezio

Veteran
It was my proudest moment. I was in tears during the voting although I knew we would win right when Conchita performed in the semis.

Therefore, I am satisfied to have lived to see us win. I don't mind us not winning anymore during my lifetime, but every generation should be able to experience that.

Weren't you alive in 2002 when Latvia won? I still remember this well.

aef

Let's officially open this thread with a good old tradition :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

marty

Austrian HoD has confirmed Austria's participation. Possible NF?
The last three years we knew that they wont change anything on the internal selection but next year there is a chance for a comeback of a national final. maybe in september we can expect an answer to that question.

mauve

Veteran
A NF of Austria would be fantastic! Sometimes the outcome might not be the one you are pleased with though (we Germans can tell stories about that).

Looren

Veteran
The 6 points? HUGE success! ;) No really Malik is a good musician, but he wasn't right for ESC. By the way, after he started his tour on Monday here in Germany, he got sick. :(

Not the 6 points, but the fact it gave me my fave German entry :mrgreen:

He was right for ESC, it's just that Urope is tasteless sometimes 😡

Oh no poor boy, I hope he'll be fine :(

Lindon

I doubt there will be a NF.
In the worst case, the ORF will have a deficit of 40 million euros this year.

Ezio

Veteran
Oh no, this thread has already been raped and tainted

Ezio

Veteran
What seems to work best at the moment in ESC is something that brings authenticity, folklore and energy.

I would love to see us with a fusion of alpine sounds, cither, harp, accordeon on acid crack speed.

This is something from Slovakia that I absolutely adore and I would love us to do something like this

Chorizo

I would like Austria to sing in German again and to send a singer who can actually sing.

Simon

The outcome of German NF really pleased me this year :mrgreen:

Didn’t deserve last for sure. That (dis)honour should’ve gone to Portugal, easily! Terrible on so many levels. I do t care that they think they’re alternative or anti-Eurovision or whatever. Iceland were much better.

To think they made the final above some others.

Last edited:

Navn Navnes

Didn’t deserve last for sure. That (dis)honour should’ve gone to Portugal, easily! Terrible on so many levels. I do t care that they think they’re alternative or anti-Eurovision or whatever.

To think they made the final above some others.
Portugal was the best song, beautiful!!

marty

I dont think ORF will spend money on a national final. the only chance is that they combine starmania with esc. I liked the concept of 2015. But I rather expect another internal selection, hopefully a little less messy. Maybe it would be better to find an artist and a genre first and then organise a song writing camp with a clear focus.

Ezio

Veteran
I would like to see a national selection together with Germany and Switzerland

In each show, one country presents 8 or 10 acts and the other countries vote for them, jury and televote.

Last edited:
Top Bottom