Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

I heard that Salena is or was sick? Does anyone know how she is?

Lindon

x12points

Lindon

Because we recently had a discussion here about the financial difficulties of ORF and the impending end of the Radio Symphony Orchestra.

The government has agreed on a new financing model for ORF. The Radio Symphony Orchestra will be saved. ORF too.

DanielLuis

A-lister's annual review:

Oh yes Austria, welcome to my top. 3/5xcheer This is modern, quirky in the right way, catchy dance-Pop and in my opinion the best Austrian entry since... 2016 and one of the best Austrian entries of the past decades. I really appreciate this and hope they will do something clever with the stage show.
This is my only fear with this song, I feel like if they go to camp the actual satirical part of the song might get overshadowed a bit and no one will take it seriously

Loindici

Veteran
Kind of shocked to learn that miss cool and edgy TEYA is actually Thea Devy

Romeo

984d4afb-c370-4d64-85de-f2efac4c6257_text.gif

Ezio

Veteran
The robbed queen of 2022 was robbed this year again

empo21

Veteran
The robbed queen of 2022 was robbed this year again

White Noise is also what came out of her during the live performances last year.

Ezio

Veteran
Help me Mop xcry1 they are coming for my baby

Ezio

Veteran
Yet another very different entry from Austria this year, however, not super unique compared to the other big favourites this year. There is a lot of competition in the crazy department. So, it doesn't really stand enough for me, when other countries also have songs with shocking twists. The song is very catchy, very funny, very clever and super instant, but also very wordy. I wonder how it works live, will there be a backing vocals track with all the Poe Poe Poe or a choir? If this song doesn't hit the Top 8 this year, or win its semi, I would be disappointed tbh, but then since Halo you can't take anything for granted anymore, because Halo was at some point also favoured to win its semi. The video works very well, the radio premiere lacked the punch, so I hope they can translate the video onto the stage.

marty

Yet another very different entry from Austria this year, however, not super unique compared to the other big favourites this year. There is a lot of competition in the crazy department. So, it doesn't really stand enough for me, when other countries also have songs with shocking twists. The song is very catchy, very funny, very clever and super instant, but also very wordy. I wonder how it works live, will there be a backing vocals track with all the Poe Poe Poe or a choir? If this song doesn't hit the Top 8 this year, or win its semi, I would be disappointed tbh, but then since Halo you can't take anything for granted anymore, because Halo was at some point also favoured to win its semi. The video works very well, the radio premiere lacked the punch, so I hope they can translate the video onto the stage.
I dont think it makes sense to translate the video onto the stage. that could end up in a big mess. the crucial thing will be how to stage the beginning of the song and the 0,003 part. I think the rest should be a dance show. I wonder who will sing the second and third "Who the hell is Edgar?". Would be nice if someone from the dancers would do that. Doesnt make sense if Salena asks it again because by then she already knows who Edgar is.

Lindon

Somewhere on YouTube there's a karaoke clip of the song. In that version the Poe, Poe, Poe part and the church part are backing tracks.

Ezio

Veteran
Who is going to OGAE Voting Party on April 15?

Lindon

miramax09

Somewhere on YouTube there's a karaoke clip of the song. In that version the Poe, Poe, Poe part and the church part are backing tracks.
In my observation, ORF always puts a lot of effort into the live voice production at the ESC. With "Halo", this was also their disaster, because the lead singer could only be "saved" by using double tracking vocals from the background choir. Only the second "Halo" in the chorus (Let me be your halo -> HALO) came from the tape. I can't remember any other ORF ESC productions where a vocal element came from tape. Even during the Covid years ORF always had background singers. So it's quite possible that in "Who the Hell is Edgar" the "Oh my god, you're such a good writer" comes from the tape, as well as the chorus (especially the heavenly choir) in form of double tracking vocals.

In addition, in my opinion, it must be considered that the singer of Halo was found in the form of an audio studio casting. Here, obviously, only the finished product was reviewed and not the recording process itself. "Who the Hell is Edgar", on the other hand, was created during a jam session, so there's a good chance that the live character of the song works much better.

Top Bottom