'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

Datura

Any news so far @sigi @Datura ?
i haven't heard anything official just that there is a strong tendency to 1 act. but could all be just hearsay, guess we'll find out soon.
i really hope the song that doesnt get picked will get a release though aswell, i'm really curious if fans would have liked it (better)

Lindon

I'm totally out of the loop. It's so liberating.

marty

Apperently the new program director will decide on the song and we will have to wait until the end of january. It is only three songs left now and these songs seem to be of a very good quality.

Sammy

Veteran
Is this information correct? The new program director is Stefanie Groiss-Horowitz who was the HoD until 2017.

Ezio

Veteran
Apperently the new program director will decide on the song and we will have to wait until the end of january. It is only three songs left now and these songs seem to be of a very good quality.
Is LUM!X out then? Eberhard Forcher sounds off very frustrated by his DJ act having a plagiarized chorus but an overall amazing song.

Ezio

Veteran
Or they are focused on a certain artist and try very hard to make it (not) work. Like with Paenda.

(I'm team Anger for now. xheart)
Paenda was 3rd and last choice in 2019, when they lost Ruskaya and King & Potter. And Paenda didn't want to revamp her song, so it was a disaster in the making from the get-go.

Austrian selection always is a struggle bus, because no one wants to go to Eurovision.

marty

Is LUM!X out then? Eberhard Forcher sounds off very frustrated by his DJ act having a plagiarized chorus but an overall amazing song.
I dont think that he is out, maybe he gets more time to revamp the song. I guess that Deladap or the styrian band are out.

aef

Hahaha it’s stunning how easily Forcher is talking about internal mattes in the Interview… The most interesting parts:

- The drama of 2019 and the shade towards Penda.
- The drama of 2021 and Bueno‘s obvious lack of songwriting skills.
- The building drama of 2022 with the copyright issue…

I really wonder how this will turn out in the end. I’m curious about about every song, each of them could be really good!

It feels like Anger is the current frontrunner…

Ezio

Veteran
We knew that Vincent Bueno lacked songwriting skills. We discussed it here before he even submitted a song for 2021. That’s really funny.

i am not sure if Anger is a great name for an international stage.

aef

We knew that Vincent Bueno lacked songwriting skills. We discussed it here before he even submitted a song for 2021. That’s really funny.

i am not sure if Anger is a great name for an international stage.
Of course we knew it but Forcher talking about it in a way like that is still quite entertaining

DanielLuis

It's pretty sad how despite a win and a 3rd place in such a short time span Austrian artists don't really seem to see Eurovision as a worthwhile investment at all, based on all that backstage drama

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Datura

Of course we knew it but Forcher talking about it in a way like that is still quite entertaining
i'm actually a bit surprised he talks about several things so openly in this interview (without even being asked!) and i don't know if i find this a positive thing tbh. especially "imitating" that singer who did not want to sing the (supposed ;) ) Lum!x-Song. I think he should stick to saying things like this to friends or colleagues but not in video interviews, sorry

Datura

It's pretty sad how despite a win and a 3rd place in such a short time span Austrian artists don't really seem to see Eurovision as a worthwhile investment at all, based on all that backstage drama
i agree, this is something that has manifested here over the years, so it's really hard to get artists behind this competition (and that orf has sent very manifactured songs by the orf creative team for many many years is a huge part of the problem imo).
but as eberhard said in his (very very long) interview with wiwibloggs this time was the first year where "real artists" (i don't know which word to use, i don't mean this disrespectful to others, does anybody get what i mean and has suggestions how to phrase this better?) outside the "mainstream bubble" showed interest. even if eberhard didn't pick some of them in the end for the shortlist but there were at least 3 names that i found really interesting

marty

I also was a bit shocked about Eberhard Forchers interview. Some things he just should not have said in an interview, his words about Vincent Bueno, Paendas manager and especially how he talked about this potential female singer of the lumix song sound a bit contemptuous. Maybe it is because it obviously is his last year as esc-scout and he has nothing to lose.

Datura

I also was a bit shocked about Eberhard Forchers interview. Some things he just should not have said in an interview, his words about Vincent Bueno, Paendas manager and especially how he talked about this potential female singer of the lumix song sound a bit contemptuous. Maybe it is because it obviously is his last year as esc-scout and he has nothing to lose.
is it his last year? i'm not sure. has he said that in the interview? (i honestly didn't listen to ALL of it, it was just too long for me so i skipped parts. also: what exactly did he say about Paendas Manager?)
i think it depends a bit on the success of this years entry. if it gets like a top5 position i don't think they would change the concept but that's just my own assumption.

i have no confirmation of that but imo the (supposed ;) ) Lumix song is still in the race, so saying what he said about changing the lyrics is not enough ect. is not really the smartest move if they might pick it in the end (i mean people will notice anyway, it is imo obvious indeed, but being one of the people in charge u should maybe not bash the song already in public)

edit: and it's not my intention to talk bad about eberhard forcher here, he is a LOVELY and very kind man and knows a lot about music, just to make that clear. i'm just not a big fan of some things he said here.

marty

is it his last year? i'm not sure. has he said that in the interview? (i honestly didn't listen to ALL of it, it was just too long for me so i skipped parts. also: what exactly did he say about Paendas Manager?)
i think it depends a bit on the success of this years entry. if it gets like a top5 position i don't think they would change the concept but that's just my own assumption.

i have no confirmation of that but imo the (supposed ;) ) Lumix song is still in the race, so saying what he said about changing the lyrics is not enough ect. is not really the smartest move if they might pick it in the end (i mean people will notice anyway, it is imo obvious indeed, but being one of the people in charge u should maybe not bash the song already in public)

edit: and it's not my intention to talk bad about eberhard forcher here, he is a LOVELY and very kind man and knows a lot about music, just to make that clear. i'm just not a big fan of some things he said here.
I guess that the Lumix song is still in. I mean this is a real big DJ, how can they ignore him. But obviously he is not Eberhards first choice. I dont think he will make it but who knows.

Ezio

Veteran
Vincent Bueno has released a new song with cute intentions. "Family fight" is dedicated to his ill cousin, who is battling cancer.

However, this song is another instance of his poor song writing skills. It is really bad. To me, it sounds like something R. Kelly would have rejected for his album in 1996. This song sounds soooo uncontemporary and bland. #cringe.

He is a singer and a dancer, but he really should let writing songs go for good. He just can't do it and if he thinks he can, he is conceited.#

Ages like wine!

marty

Vincent Bueno is the lowest point for Austria.
But I have to say that it also is Eberhard Forchers fault, they should have found an uptempo song for Vincent. Nobody wanted to listen to such a depressing song in the middle of the corona crisis. Vincent is a great singer and dancer and probably a very nice guy, but his entry was the weakest austrian entry for many years in my eyes.

Datura

But I have to say that it also is Eberhard Forchers fault, they should have found an uptempo song for Vincent. Nobody wanted to listen to such a depressing song in the middle of the corona crisis. Vincent is a great singer and dancer and probably a very nice guy, but his entry was the weakest austrian entry for many years in my eyes.

well i don't think that this is eberhard forchers fault. orf wanted the entry to be very different from "alive" and to go in this direction

Last edited:
Top Bottom