And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This is such a bop but Pia Maria couldn't deliver it at all. The staging was also very contained for such an energetic song, I don't know why they thought a circular piano-ish thingie would be the best idea. Still, for it to fail against Switzerland or Moldova, mkay..

martin

Like the song, but Vocally is was not good at all. Staging was also not very good. This entry should have some dancers. But the biggest problem was here voice.

marty

Just been looking through the streaming figures. Austria is doing really well compared to other countries like Iceland, Moldavia, Lihuania, Armenia, Switzerland and even Greece. I guess it really was the juries kicking Austria out.

Lindon

It's a shitty result after all the amazing results in the polls, but it was a heavily announced FFF also.

Lindon must be gutted right now.
I'm fine. Of all, you know best what I was thinking.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
If the leaked results are true, Austria was 10th with juries but with a low score. Juries basically blanked the bottom 8. 6th with televoting and 14th overall with 2 missing out for Q. 112 points.

Switzerland 0 from televoting and 130 from juries.

Datura

Just been looking through the streaming figures. Austria is doing really well compared to other countries like Iceland, Moldavia, Lihuania, Armenia, Switzerland and even Greece. I guess it really was the juries kicking Austria out.
streaming figures are not votes though and we all know its a whole different thing if we like a studio version or a live performance

Datura

If the leaked results are true, Austria was 10th with juries but with a low score. Juries basically blanked the bottom 8. 6th with televoting and 14th overall with 2 missing out for Q. 112 points.

have leaked results even just once been true? ever? ;)
we'll see.
if switzerland did great with the juries: good for them and i do appreciate that he is a very good singer imo, i quite liked the timelessness of the composition and i really enjoy the message of the song. so yea i could understand why juries would honor this

martin

Every year we get news like that and every year they are wrong. So i think she should wait and see.

Mainshow

Veteran
avourite of this ESC is out. Although I kinda felt that - the girl CAN'T sing. Poor Lumix, I'd be so frustrated...At the same time we had Switzerland and Moldova qualifying, so my bet it that they had it kinda borderline ( like 12th juries 8th tele and still didn't make it ). Still this was one of the rarest bops so really feeling sorry for all the local peeps the

Oh no. Missing one´s favourite entry in the final is disappointing! - I feel you - In 2018, I lost Belarus (ALEKSEEV) - even though I deeply wanted it to qualify, I can understand why it didn´t qualify, in the end.

I just think that Austria was quite unlucky - I still believe that juries ranked it higher than televoters, though.
Curious to get to know the results on Sunday!

aef

Honestly it doesn’t matter for me if we just missed out or did even worse. The result is what it is… let’s hope for the best next year.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
RIP :(

They served us a party last night, and it really stood out in a sea of slow songs. We needed this in the final.

Actually, my family was impressed with her vocals and that she did well even tho it's such an upbeat track!!

EDM being robbed again...........

Chorizo

It didn't even look good and Pia was clearly the wrong singer at the right time, which isn't just a matter of the vocals. Austria would have needed a singer like Chanel, who can dance and flirt with the camera while singing. Pia was obviously struggling. Was the staging always supposed to be that static or did they decide not to use dancers only when they realized Pia can't sing? I don't understand why things ended up like this. The studio version and the music video are very good. Clearly very bad decisions were made this year. When an unexperienced girl applies to sing at Eurovision, it is the job of the professionals in the delegation to make sure she's able to perform as needed and to turn her down in favor of someone more suitable if that's not the case. Who is the person responsible this year who failed so miserably at his job?
When the studio version was released in March, this was one of my favorites, but based on the live performance, it won't be anywhere near my final top 10. The various ballads I had dismissed as boring snoozefests before made a much better impression on stage than Halo.

Ezio

Veteran
Still, Eurovision songs on the safe route prevail over the more daring and entertaining entries that everyone forgets once the contest is over. It's the theme of recent years.

If Halo went to Finals, it would have had staying power in many charts and discos. But that chance blew up in the air.

I hope Chanel can break the mould in the Finals, unless juries punish her for being her.

Realest

Well, yesterdays Televote Top3 consisted of "risky" Entries.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I've watched it back and seeing how excited and happy she was at the end, as well as in the insta stories where she hoped so much to sing again makes me feel so sad. Ofc everyone last night wanted to sing again and be in the final, but to see the pure excitement and happiness and know disappointment followed is what makes the semis brutal to watch. It's a real shame.

aef

The „leaked“ SF results would be quite mindblowing haha - let’s wait and see. I’m still very desperate and sad. 2019 and 2021 NQ Obviously didn’t hit that hard

crashworld

Veteran
Managed to watch both the jury show and actual semi-final performances also. The staging is actually pretty good. But the camera work is too shoddy. It didn't give the dynamic atmosphere the song needs. Pia actually sound pretty decent, you can still hear the backing vocalists but they managed to blend pretty well with her.

I actually believe the song will still make it through because the semi is so open and the fandom could have carried it through. I guess not.

Can I say (I am really late to this) but Lum!x is actually pretty cute. :)

Top Bottom