'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

Ezio

Veteran
This reaction is so weirdly erotic, I am intrigued by the reactor.

i am so into this woman, wtf is going on?!?

Iker

Veteran

Brand new single by Visions of Atlantis and personally, I think it´s one of their best songs ever - even though I like "Halo", I wonder if that´s the song they submitted to ORF.

IDK if I grew out of similar music and this is why it does not amuse me but I find this highly generic and unremarkable. The melody is something that I've heard 100 times before. The 2nd half of the single is better. If this is indeed one of their best songs, then ... well, no I am not into them representing Austria at the ESC in the future either And that "Pirate metal thing" in Legions is 10 years too late already and has been done better by bands like Alestorm. I remember coming across a couple of Vision Of Atlantic tracks on a row on some deezer playlist in the past and my feelings were similar I think. Just not appealing to me. If one wants some pretty good or great Symphonic Metal then I would recommend bands like Epica, Leaves'Eyes, Therion (mostly older records though) & Nightwish. And Within Temptation in some instances.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
And Edenbridge from Austria 😍
I like VoA and I‘m sure I wold have liked any song of them better than Halo but in terms of Metal, yeah, generic, just look what happened to Bulgaria this year.
Even if I liked Avantasia years ago they would not have been more successful than any other German entry of the past years. (Schulte excluded)

And I am really happy for the Austrians here that many people seem to enjoy Austria this year but I‘d be honestly surprised this will rank in the higher top 10 in the end. Imo the hype is similarly to Spain and Albania. It’s there but only on paper (YouTube lists).

sigi

IDK if I grew out of similar music and this is why it does not amuse me but I find this highly generic and unremarkable. The melody is something that I've heard 100 times before. The 2nd half of the single is better. If this is indeed one of their best songs, then ... well, no I am not into them representing Austria at the ESC in the future either And that "Pirate metal thing" in Legions is 10 years too late already and has been done better by bands like Alestorm. I remember coming across a couple of Vision Of Atlantic tracks on a row on some deezer playlist in the past and my feelings were similar I think. Just not appealing to me. If one wants some pretty good or great Symphonic Metal then I would recommend bands like Epica, Leaves'Eyes, Therion (mostly older records though) & Nightwish. And Within Temptation in some instances.
That's not the song ...It's called "Melancholic Angel" and a live version is also on YT

Lindon

The newest poll of ESC-kompakt from Germany shows an amazing result for Austria: 1= best possible / 40 = worst
ESC-Barometer-2022_6-EKI-220316-Top-10.png

Ezio

Veteran
I love German blogs and their comment sections. You can cut the rivalry with the dull knife lol

Lindon

I love German blogs and their comment sections. You can cut the rivalry with the dull knife lol
Deep jealousy seems to speak from many. Read the comments under the article about the snippet leak.
Many cling to the hope that Pia Maria cannot sing. Many will be very disappointed.
She can. Many applied for the job. Do they think she was chosen by accident?

In this poll Germany is at rank 29.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
Deep jealousy seems to speak from many. Read the comments under the article about the snippet leak.
Many cling to the hope that Pia Maria cannot sing. Many will be very disappointed.
She can. Many applied for the job. Do they think she was chosen by accident?

In this poll Germany is at rank 29.
I find that so weird. I hate our entry with a passion and I'm the first to joke about that I hope the other DACH countries send shit as well so we are garbage as a unit... but "Halo" is amazing and one of those evergreens that I will still enjoy in the next 10 - 20 years.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I find that so weird. I hate our entry with a passion and I'm the first to joke about that I hope the other DACH countries send shit as well so we are garbage as a unit... but "Halo" is amazing and one of those evergreens that I will still enjoy in the next 10 - 20 years.
But I think it's just a boomer thing. Gen X, Y and Z don't care about this silly feud.

The only year when all DACH countries flopped hard at the same time recently was in 2015. Kinda amazing, every country got last place.

Ezio

Veteran
wiwibloggs can't publish their Austria reaction video. Apparently it has received a copyright strike.

Lindon

wiwibloggs can't publish their Austria reaction video. Apparently it has received a copyright strike.
I was told, if you contradict and claim fair use Warner would give it an ok. I had only some seconds of the song in one video but I did cut it out after the copyright strike and one video I deleted completely.

Lindon

#Halo by LUM!X feat. Pia Maria is the fourth most streamed #Eurovision 2022 song on #Spotify with 866,932 streams in the last 6 days.

Lindon

Now I read that there will be audience in the studio in the last three shows only, from 22 april. thats probably the date when LUM!X will perform there. But who knows. I dont know if there is a Florian Silbereisen Show planned, a performance there would be great, but they usually only do playbacks.
OMG, there is a live audience in the studio tonight. What a difference!
And they opened with a Lum!x song.

Last edited:

shameless

But I think it's just a boomer thing. Gen X, Y and Z don't care about this silly feud.

The only year when all DACH countries flopped hard at the same time recently was in 2015. Kinda amazing, every country got last place.
And the iconic thing: the contest even WAS in a DACH country.
Now, because I am still on some energy level from work before I go to Feierabend-mood I wanna know how they went whenever the contest was held in one of their countries and guess what?

Vienna 2015: CH SF last, D & A GF joint last
Düsseldorf 2011: CH GF last
Vienna 1967: CH last
Frankfurt 1957: A last, CH 2nd to last

I'll leave you and go into the weekend now with this random, useless fact. :cool:

marty

now its clear that we will get a chance to hear pia maria singing live before the semi final. lum!x and pia maria confirmed their participation at the london eurovision party.

Top Bottom