Let me be your halo
'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

aef

I thought we just learned that any genre could do well, when it‘s authentic and convincing. She‘s a great personality and has charisma. With the right song she could do well.
At least for me this would go in the totally wrong direction. "Everyone one is playing different now, let's try this out too" (But the bad way) There's always a very thin line between different & successful and flopping joke entry.

I'm sorry, it's just not my cup of tea. I don't see the quality, just very bad in my eyes. But maybe that's just me.

marty

I think that for example a song like "Wia a Kind" from Ina Regen would have worked very good at Eurovision.

Sammy

Veteran
At least for me this would go in the totally wrong direction. "Everyone one is playing different now, let's try this out too" (But the bad way) There's always a very thin line between different & successful and flopping joke entry.

I'm sorry, it's just not my cup of tea. I don't see the quality, just very bad in my eyes. But maybe that's just me.
I see your point. But you don't really think NENDA would be a joke entry, do you?

Look, I'm not saying she's the one, I was just throwing a name in... ;)

aef

I see your point. But you're not calling NENDA a joke entry, do you?

Look, I'm not saying she's the one, I was just throwing a name in... ;)
Well for me it's almost in that corner...

But yes, right now we're all just dropping some names, so I'm fine with all suggestions!

marty

I think that the concept of the nf 2015 was not a bad one. there were some good and renowned acts participating. the only mistake they made is that they organized this songwriter camp which took the authenticity away.

Sammy

Veteran
I think that the concept of the nf 2015 was not a bad one. there were some good and renowned acts participating. the only mistake they made is that they organized this songwriter camp which took the authenticity away.
exactly! Like forcing Folkshilfe to insert english lyrics just to keep Julie Frost occupied... :mrgreen:

marty

exactly! Like forcing Folkshilfe to insert english lyrics just to keep Julie Frost occupied... :mrgreen:
Johann Sebastian Bass would have won the NF easily and reached at least top 10 when orf let them chose "heart of stone" which was published in september 2014.

Ezio

Veteran
Absolutely. I don't get this chitchat about how Austrian does not find acts to compete in Eurovision. In 2011 alone, we found 30, most of them were amazing.

Problem with ORF is, that they don't trust the audience anymore. They sabotaged the voting for Alf Poier 2005, just to reap desaster with global.kreyner, and they were bitten with Trackshittaz in 2012. But the problem is, why do they let acts on stage, they don't want to see at Eurovision?! So, they always put their finger on the results. It happened 2015, 2016 and then they went for internal selection.

We should have a national selection with an organic result. ORF should call for applications and only invite acts they really want to see at Eurovision and they want to support, but they should be brave enough to allow acts such as Hyäne Fischer.

Today, I was thinking about Paenda. One of her problems apparently was that she got another song dictated by ORF than the one she wanted, and in Tel Aviv she did not want to come across as sad emoji girl of her song and behaved super bubbly. So, one could tell she was not comfortable with her task. And although ORF provided a stellar staging for her, she didn't feel her song, but only her nerves and faltered. I guess, it's pointless to bend an artist until he or she breaks his or her authentic self.

Same with Vincent Bueno. Let a religious person sing Amen about a breakup was a stupid decision. At least they should have allowed him to embrace the song more and make it his own. Vincent Bueno did not go through traumatic breakups, but losses. He is also a dancer, so he could dance and capably sing at the same time. We didn't get to see that.

ORF is too tough on their artists. This is just my opinion based on observation.

marty

I think there are two possible ways for orf, either find a format similar to 2015 and give the austrian music industry a platform to present their songs or go with cesar sampson and symphonix, find no names (maybe combined with starmania) and make songs for them.

Ezio

Veteran
Are you all actually very anxious to see Austria win again?

I am actually not anxious about it. I think you have to be very lucky nowadays to live to see your country win and I did that in 2014.
In 2018, I did not mind falling short at all, but I would have been upset - maybe - if we would not have won in 2014.

It's just crazy that on this forum are so many people from big countries, such as Italy, who just saw their country win for the first time, or France and Switzerland, who still have to wait. And I get why they might feel salty or defeated in the aftermath of Eurovision.

I am happy that Conchita relaxed myself a lot for Eurovision.

Ezio

Veteran
I remember a good NF when Zoë won. There were a few acts, but they all were interesting.
But still, ORF controlled the outcome, I would say, although I was rooting for Zoe. They made her run last and win through a Superfinal. Although their jury was going rogue on Zoe, which was a foreshadowing of what's gonna happen at Eurovision (jury flop: NQ / 24th, televote fav: 2nd SF / 8th GF).

Lindon

Anna Buchegger has just said on ORF that she does not want to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. The idea of competition contradicts her artistic intentions. "Enough with competitions"

rasmuslights

Veteran
Anna Buchegger has just said on ORF that she does not want to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. The idea of competition contradicts her artistic intentions. "Enough with competitions"

our girl literally entered an Austrian talent show where a bunch of no-names compete but would not like to present her music to an international audience filled with local stars...

the logic

:)

Lindon

She actually expressed doubts about the concept of competition in arts at the "Starmania 21" show and still won. There was more than one candidate that had to be persuaded by ORF to actually take part in the show.

marty

I think that Fred Owuso would fit much more to compete at ESC. He is a very open and uncomplicated guy. And Austria could go for an uptempo song.

Top Bottom