Let me be your halo
'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

aef

I‘m so curious about both songs! I hope the song that won’t be the Eurovision song will be released too

@Datura do you know anything about the final versions? Did LUM!X solve the chorus issue? In which direction is Anger‘s song going?

as for Anger I absolutely have no Idea what to expect. It could either be actually good or too edgy

gingerale

I don't understand why ORF doesn't organise a NF like the Czech Republic. This could really help making a decision if they have equally strong contenders.

aef

I don't understand why ORF doesn't organise a NF like the Czech Republic. This could really help making a decision if they have equally strong contenders.
Well it’s the first time in a long while that we obviously have TWO decent potential Eurovision Songs hahaha

Datura

Obviously LUM!X song is called „Halo“ and Anger‘s song „Das Meer“ („the sea“) (sung in German!).

https://www.google.at/amp/s/esc-kom...schen-dj-lumix-oder-das-duo-anger-fallen/amp/

yes the song names are corrent. the song by ANGER is mainly in german but it contains snippets in english and even some italian towards the end (but not eurovision-cliche-multilanguage-BS, i think it works ;) )
I‘m so curious about both songs! I hope the song that won’t be the Eurovision song will be released too

@Datura do you know anything about the final versions? Did LUM!X solve the chorus issue? In which direction is Anger‘s song going?

as for Anger I absolutely have no Idea what to expect. It could either be actually good or too edgy

well depends on what u mean with "the chorus issue". i think u can still hear similarities to a hit from the 80s, they changed the lyrics though so it's a little less obvious.

anger is not as edgy as "ab und zu" (for example, i think someone posted this song here ), i cannot say that i sounds like a specific other song they've done before but it still sounds like them immediately. not sure if it is a song that u instantly find catchy, but it has a nice climax especially towards the end.

why i find the decision difficult: Lumix is instantly memorable and fun. i think it is a song that the esc bubble can like easily (not saying its a sure qualifier, especially without having heard the singer perform live and without the right staging it could be a huge mess) and it could work great at ESC parties, the eurovision fans will prefer this one i think.
Anger is (in comparison) a "slow burner" but from an artistic point of you i think it has a bit more to offer. so yea they are very different, which is maybe why the decision is taking so long.

Datura

well judging from the past i think letting the austrian public decide is maybe not the best idea :D

Ezio

Veteran
actually yes i think it is. i wouldn't want to make the decision myself, there's pros and cons for both acts / songs.
Get them on stage and let the public decide or send one this year, and the other one next year.

Honestly, I would prefer Lumix, because we have to show Europe we can bring on the party. We served enough slow burners already that didnt catch fire.

If Lumix goes to the final, it could create a memorable televoting moment. (Austria, get ready for three hundred and forty-nine points)m Anger on the other hand, as well, but for all the wrong reasons. (Austria, 3 points)

aef

Get them on stage and let the public decide or send one this year, and the other one next year.

Honestly, I would prefer Lumix, because we have to show Europe we can bring on the party. We served enough slow burners already that didnt catch fire.

If Lumix goes to the final, it could create a memorable televoting moment. (Austria, get ready for three hundred and forty-nine points)m Anger on the other hand, as well, but for all the wrong reasons. (Austria, 3 points)
I more or less agree with you, let’s try catchy pop for once and then maybe go with the indie/ edgy stuff again next year. Though I would love the story of an south Tyrolian act going to Eurovision in :it:

Ezio

Veteran
South Tyrolian act for Eurovision in Italy is kinda tacky and borderline divisive

sigi

"Halo" is catchy as hell and would be a fan favorite for sure. I see the main problem on the staging. It always looks weird on stage with a Dj.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

gingerale

well judging from the past i think letting the austrian public decide is maybe not the best idea :D

That's why I made the comparison to the Czech Republic because international votes are very welcome in their poll. :geek:

Thinking about Lum!x brings back Darude and Gromee memories. :oops: But then JOWST really worked for Norway.

marty

Because acts like LUM!X would not have taken part in a public selection.

marty

I really would prefer LUM!X. I want Austria to send a party song. LUM!X has so many fans throughout Europe, that fact must bring him enough votes for reaching the final. They have to fix the staging and find a cool and impressing way to put a dj on the esc stage though.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Datura

That's why I made the comparison to the Czech Republic because international votes are very welcome in their poll. :geek:

Thinking about Lum!x brings back Darude and Gromee memories. :oops: But then JOWST really worked for Norway.
Ah thats what u meant 😅
I actually dont understand why they dont involve Fanclubs or other esc Fans in the internal decision.

Lumix doesnt Sound like darude or gromee AT ALL. Id rather think dua lipa - physical with a bit more (cheap) dance oomph and not as classy 😅 just for the vibe

aef

South Tyrolian act for Eurovision in Italy is kinda tacky and borderline divisive
For a song contest in our neighbouring country Italy with so much dramatic history, I think I would be a nice building bridges moment to send Anger to Torino and let Southern Tyrolians take the crown for Austria.
:unsure:

Ezio

Veteran
I knew you would do this but I am prepared. Guess what? I changed my mind

aef

Okay so hearing your pros and cons, based on your internal information and without knowing the songs myself I'd definitely prefer LUM!X. But it also depends on the female singer he is collaborating with.

Actually we had some quite/ very good staging between 2014 and 2019 so I think we could work out how to staging should look for the LUM!X song...

aef

Top Bottom