Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

Could anyone find a hostile reaction to Vincent similar to that of ESCunited on a relevant channel?
Der Boris ist schon eine eigene Nummer.

marty

Could anyone find a hostile reaction to Vincent similar to that of ESCunited on a relevant channel?
Der Boris ist schon eine eigene Nummer.
I have been watching five or six reaction videos of press people who actually saw the whole rehearsal. they all talked in a very positive way about vincents performance.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't know what Mr. Bubbles said, but Matt did not like it either, but I forgive him, because when I asked a question in the youtube chat he said "Oh, Ezio is here :giggle:". And I got hearty-eyed lol :love:

Our conventional wisdom before the rehearsal was, that we don't want to see a "classy, boring Dietmann" staging or else we will be lost and forgotten, and that is what got delivered, so I don't think we should grasp at polite reviews about the class act that this stage show is when it's supposedly non-eventful and non-impactful. So, let's get it over with ESC 2021 and move on to 2022. I'd rather miss the final than live through another "Austria, I am sorry, zero points" moment.

Therefore, I think ESCUnited nailed their review. It's on point.

Lindon

Vincent writes about his first rehearsal:

Yesterday was the first rehearsal and I really, really concentrated and was very focused. The whole team pulled together. Everyone just did their part very, very well. We also got a lot of praise.

Nevertheless, I first had to acclimate myself. In such large halls it is often the case that there is a certain fog that is floating around the whole time. In such large halls the air is very dry. This is actually not the best situation for singing because it is very dusty and dry.

Ezio

Veteran
Makemakes got zero points with a nice but old fashioned song and a boring staging. They wanted to create a moment and failed.

The Lithuanian girl 2018 was on no one's radar, had a very empty staging, but then she created magic with your husband at the end and won everyone over.

Belgium 2018 screwed up a perfect song with a non-eventful staging.

Latvia 2019 did not work either.

So, unless Vincent hasn't saved up his emotions and tears for the show, he is out. If he loses it, serves raw emotion, he can win the public over. I mean it's Amen and he is hurting inside. He doesn't need to play it like a pro.

Lindon

Vincent writes today

I still think about yesterday. We had a wonderful time in this beautiful tour bus. We are really a very, very, small delegation - only five people. There are still some to come over the next few days, then there will be eight of us in the Austrian delegation. We are in a closed bubble - all tested - and the EBU has sightseeing tours that they have organized for us so that we don't just have to stay in the hotel. So, we looked at these windmills in Kinderdijk near Rotterdam. It was very inspiring to hear the stories of how the older generation struggled to live in these windmills. I didn't even know that the windmills actually served to bring the water back into the river and that was very interesting. Today we're going to test here for the second time and then we'll have international interviews again. After the interviews I'll be free again and I'll do a remix of “Amen”. I'm really enjoying myself at this time of the day.

marty

Makemakes got zero points with a nice but old fashioned song and a boring staging. They wanted to create a moment and failed.

The Lithuanian girl 2018 was on no one's radar, had a very empty staging, but then she created magic with your husband at the end and won everyone over.

Belgium 2018 screwed up a perfect song with a non-eventful staging.

Latvia 2019 did not work either.

So, unless Vincent hasn't saved up his emotions and tears for the show, he is out. If he loses it, serves raw emotion, he can win the public over. I mean it's Amen and he is hurting inside. He doesn't need to play it like a pro.
you are very concerned. at least you did not mention Paenda. thats a progress. :giggle:

Ezio

Veteran
you are very concerned. at least you did not mention Paenda. thats a progress. :giggle:
Are you trying to get me or what?

GermanBango

Well he can qualify IF the juries put him in their Top 5. As for the televoting .... screams last place.

Ezio

Veteran
Well he can qualify IF the juries put him in their Top 5. As for the televoting .... screams last place.
Jury Top 3 minimum.

5th wouldn't cut it.

GermanBango

Jury Top 3 minimum.

5th wouldn't cut it.
Well my simulation currently has Austria on 10th overall only one point in front of Latvia (Finishing 6th with the jury and 17th with the televoting).
This Semi is hella weird - I expect big differences between the both votes.

Ezio

Veteran
Well my simulation currently has Austria on 10th overall only one point in front of Latvia (Finishing 6th with the jury and 17th with the televoting).
This Semi is hella weird - I expect big differences between the both votes.
Simulation based on which evidence? I doubt Latvia can finish higher than 15th

gingerale

A predict a riot (once again). Because this will qualify (once again).

With the first half beeing an over stimulating circus, Vincent is obviously the ring leader (not only because of the jacket). Viewers will be thankful for him dimming the lights.

Ezio

Veteran
The staging is very celestial. The narrow path that leads to the light, to eternal life. I'm kinda struck right now.

If you are not religious, you won't see it and you won't feel it. But this is what I wanted.

In a world ruled by the devil, the path to the final is also very narrow.

12_two-roads-gates.jpg
Stay on the road to arrive al Diablo

0656d4f2e2a5b4ab7d2fa4cec240e0fbee182a47r1-480-480v2_hq.jpg
narrow-path-sun-rays-a.jpg

Last edited:

Lindon

I'm not religious but I can see and feel it too. I just wonder what Matt, Boris,Connor, Roy and James saw in the first rehearsal.
(Well, they were too busy with the lunch break.)
It contrasted so with the opinion of many, many others who saw it too. It confused me.

Ezio

Veteran
I suppose the first rehearsal was not stunning and the song is not everybody's cup of tea.

But you may be pleased to know that Austria is the most improved in the odds of today. We are virtually 8th/9th/10th with Portugal and Albania, Moldova went down to 11th. From 2.4 to 1.6

Lindon

Vincent writes:

Today we had the second rehearsal. Everything went well. A few details may still need to be changed, and the lighting may still be improved a bit. But on the whole everything was very smooth. We also had a lot of interviews, a lot of international media. A really very successful second start. We also had an interview with Gjon, a very cool guy. I was also allowed to sing with my guitar at the second press conference. I gave them a jazzed-up version of “Amen”, which I think went down very well.

Top Bottom