Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

sigi

I am not an ardent follower of wiwibloggs, so I happily miss most things going on there. However, their jury score for Austria 2021 is probably the lowest I have ever seen.
Common Linnets "Calm After The Storm" The Wiwi Jury Verdict: 4.4/10

Quote from 2014:
"Shame on you, Netherlands. Shame!"

I dont't like Amen but there's no need to worry

Zeus

Lol, really? 4.4? I see a pattern here. Belgium this year got a low 6. Wiwibloggs don't rate mature artists and songs. Maybe they should just focus on the Junior Song Contest. Bunch of people who never really grew up.

sigi

Zeus

Wtf.

"Unfortunately for Ilse and Waylon, the calm after their storm is more akin to the silence after a nuclear holocaust."

Just tasteless and childish.

Ezio

Veteran
Common Linnets "Calm After The Storm" The Wiwi Jury Verdict: 4.4/10

Quote from 2014:
"Shame on you, Netherlands. Shame!"

I dont't like Amen but there's no need to worry
Thanks. I have had this buried in the back of my head. They have not learned anything yet.

However, Eurovision is cheesier and circus-ishier again. I mean in 2018 and 2019, more mature songs did not as good as they should have. Even with juries.

I also don't think that Amen is on par with Calm after the storm. I knew CATS would do amazing the first time I heard it. But I am not the typical Eurofan I guess, inspite of being so dedicated. Amen can do better than most people think, but it won't slay. It could also receive 0 point from televoting yet again.

Ezio

Veteran
Lol, really? 4.4? I see a pattern here. Belgium this year got a low 6. Wiwibloggs don't rate mature artists and songs. Maybe they should just focus on the Junior Song Contest. Bunch of people who never really grew up.
Belgium is the obvious dark horse this year.

Ezio

Veteran
wiwibloggs.
Eurovision news with childish attitude. :ROFLMAO:

random child at wiwibloggs said:
Natalie: I can respect Vincent’s vocal talents as much as anyone, but I find this song so repetitive and uninteresting. It doesn’t go anywhere, it doesn’t offer anything fresh or compelling, and his repeated lines “Is this what you wanted?” just come across as whining to me in the end. Like… I kinda don’t see why I’m supposed to care? I kinda just want to move to the next song? There are quite a few male-fronted ballads this year, and of them all, this one is one of my least favourite.

This critique reminds of 99% of what random people without any qualification but entitlement to their opinion and of course taste say anyways about any song. It's just astounding how some people manage to get their vapid opinions exposed like that and others don't. (Not that I want to myself, I am exposed already on this forum enough).

Yeah, girl, so you don't care about this song. What's the news? Why should we read about that? I'd rather have people rating 2/10 without making unsubstantial excuses. This critique doesn't got anywhere, doesn't offer any fresh insight and is just a boring repetition of so many. I kinda wanna move on to the next criique, but Wiwilliam did not publish his, so hers is probably my least favourite.

Deban has an interesting point that I can agree with. Amen is very OneRepublic but not as engaging probably.

mauve

Veteran
This critique reminds of 99% of what random people without any qualification but entitlement to their opinion and of course taste say anyways about any song. It's just astounding how some people manage to get their vapid opinions exposed like that and others don't. (Not that I want to myself, I am exposed already on this forum enough).

Yeah, girl, so you don't care about this song. What's the news? Why should we read about that? I'd rather have people rating 2/10 without making unsubstantial excuses. This critique doesn't got anywhere, doesn't offer any fresh insight and is just a boring repetition of so many. I kinda wanna move on to the next criique, but Wiwilliam did not publish his, so hers is probably my least favourite.

Deban has an interesting point that I can agree with. Amen is very OneRepublic but not as engaging probably.
I hadn't read Natalie's review (I don't read and watch much of Wiwi actually cause I just don't like their behaviour), but it doesn't go anywhere. If she at least would have given some substantial points on why she doesn't like the song. Fresh? Compelling? Neither is her critics. *yawn*

marty

you make a lot of noise about them. do it like I do.... just dont deal with them. I get aggressive vibes when I see one of them.

ekzuu

I watched the video too and it doesn't match with their website score, video was very positive :D They hyped it so much.. So Austrians perhaps you can be happy.. you can expect their support in Rotterdam. Adams family loved it! And everyone thought it would qualify :D

Lindon

By the way we can watch Vincents first live performance of AMEN on a big stage on friday 30 april in Starmania 21.
Vincent will perform his song “Amen” in a live piano version.

Lindon

Do you know when exactly?
Unfortunately, no. But I will try to upload it. Depends on whether there is a special agreement between ORF and EBU for that part of the show.

Last edited:

marty

Do you know when exactly?
I dont know either, but I guess it will be at the end of the first part of the show around 21.50 or more likely at the beginning of the second part around 22.10.

Lindon

At least they didn't make the mistake of burning the piano down.

Last edited:

marty

At least they didn't make the mistake of burning the piano down.
not sure if it was a good idea to put that version on stage. that was a bit underwhelming. perhaps the song is not strong enough for a piano version.

escEndre

Check out our latest interview, this time with amazing Vincent Bueno!

Please help us grow bigger on YouTube by subscribing our YouTube-Channel. That will help us keep continue doing interviews like this! xheart

Top Bottom