Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
Just popped in to say that even after weeks, this song hasn't faded for me and that I still listen to it a lot. xheart Yes many here think it won't qualify, but I think since in the first half of the semi there are only two ballads, this will stand out between all the bops. Hope that it will qualify against all the odds!

MalagaToledo

Banned
If he doesn't qualify, then that's a scandal. It's the worst thing that could happen to him. It means he is in the wrong profession and he needs to work in something completely opposite of music and being a singer. Because this semifinal is so so much weaker in comparison to sf1 and not I'm not saying that only cause of big Eurovision countries, but because of songs as well. Not just him, but everyone who fails to qualify from much much weaker semifinal 2, should change profession. Call me harsh, but that's just my opinion and the fact.

There will be a lot of undeserving songs from this semifinal in the final. The only 3 deserving and certain finalists are San Marino, Greece and Latvia.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Omg, Omg, alert, alert
He is following another very homophobic person boxer called manny pacquiao who made extremely homophobic statements and he is following another extremely homophobic xavier Naidoo who was initially to represent germany st esc but was banned from esc due to his Anti LGBT and anti Semitic views.
Ohh, but guys don't tell that vincent bueno is homophobic. He has gay cousin or neighbor or something like that. He would never.

Ezio

Veteran
Just popped in to say that even after weeks, this song hasn't faded for me and that I still listen to it a lot. xheart Yes many here think it won't qualify, but I think since in the first half of the semi there are only two ballads, this will stand out between all the bops. Hope that it will qualify against all the odds!
For me it hasn't faded neither. Even more so, it has grown. It's currently the song that I listen to the most. It resonates with my spiritual being. I feel alive when I listen to Amen.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I think it's about time gay commentators hear about vb controversy. It is important that they change the narrative in postcard intro to neutral or even on another level. I don't know how much public would pay attention to it. But he wouldn't qualify anyway so im not worried about that.

revallsay

Vincent Bueno - Amen - Austria

Well, if he does well live, this song maybe greater, it has a potential. I didn't like it at begining, but it grown one me, recently.

6/12

Zonne147

Solid effort from :at:

While I find "Alive" very underrated, I can definitely see why this is overlooked. Very competent in almost every possible way but honestly, there's nothing here that makes me listen to it again. There are also lots of songs that popped into my head after listening to this one, and I feel like most of them are better executed than "Amen".

But when I decide to have a listen, I don't want to skip it and I don't get bored either. I respect this song a lot and wouldn't definitely mind to see Vincent in the final.

:6: points

marty

I just realised that Thea Devy, who was part of the austrian and serbian selection in 2020, took part in the casting show Starmania 21. I guess the reason she was not chosen for ESC, though she had a great song, is lack of stage presence. she has a great voice though.

Ladynoir

This version gave me goosebumps. This song is so pure, it's sad to see that so little people are giving it attention. There is an honesty in his performance that touches my heart deeply. I want to believe it's the kind of song that will do better on stage than it is doing now with all the tops we are seeying here and there but at the same time... I don't know, it feels like it would be too optimistic.

Ezio

Veteran
@Ladynoir do you think Jupiter will help boost the chances for this song? Its ingress into Pisces, which is the religious, spiritual and dreamy sign in the Zodiac, is right before Eurovision and it is activating many sweet spots in the horoscope of Austria.

Ladynoir

@Ladynoir do you think Jupiter will help boost the chances for this song? Its ingress into Pisces, which is the religious, spiritual and dreamy sign in the Zodiac, is right before Eurovision and it is activating many sweet spots in the horoscope of Austria.
That's a super interesting question ! That's a super idea to see how well a song can do thanks to astrology :D

That's totally possible, that's maybe also a reason why Eurovision is going to have a religious taste this year, haha. It could also benefit a lot to Slovenia (but maybe we need to see how Jupiter's aspected when ingressing ? it could as well be beneficial to the other side of the religious spectrum such as Cyprus).

With sport predictive astrology (especially football for the champions league), I usually like to overlap many charts with the competition's chart to see all the possibilities and find the most likely outcome.

With Eurovision, we can perhaps first generate a chart for Eurovision 2021 and then try to see how it interracts with various other themes (the singer's theme, the song's theme from the moment it was announced but also the debut theme of the delegation at Eurovision). I usually never use the country's theme when doing football club predictions but with Eurovision it is defo a good idea (especially when we see the activations in Portugal's themes in 2017 and how it ended up having an impact on Eurovision too !).

That would be a lot of work, tho. :LOL:

marty

By the way we can watch Vincents first live performance of AMEN on a big stage on friday 30 april in Starmania 21.

Ezio

Veteran
Well, I think Portugal 2017 and Jupiter in Libra back then were a match made in heaven.

The religious songs so far however are born under Jupiter in Capricorn and presented under Jupiter in Aquarius, both signs are anything but spiritual or religious. Capricorn is very materialistic, perfectionist and harsh, Aquarius is very progressive, edgy and extra ordinary.

I guess these religious songs are born in pain of the pandemic and the darkness that engulfed with Pluto and Saturn, which was very gloomy and cataclysmic.

I am just wondering if Jupiter in Pisces could bring Amen to life, because right now, most people are not feeling it.

I also don't think Cyprus will do very well. The Devil is aligned to Scorpio, not Pisces. But let's see how things are gonna turn out.

The Moon in Libra on Grand Final night also makes people love gentle songs, but Libra is not spiritual, it is an intellectual sign. So Amen and this Moon sign don't mix well.

Ladynoir

Well, I think Portugal 2017 and Jupiter in Libra back then were a match made in heaven.

The religious songs so far however are born under Jupiter in Capricorn and presented under Jupiter in Aquarius, both signs are anything but spiritual or religious. Capricorn is very materialistic, perfectionist and harsh, Aquarius is very progressive, edgy and extra ordinary.

I guess these religious songs are born in pain of the pandemic and the darkness that engulfed with Pluto and Saturn, which was very gloomy and cataclysmic.

I am just wondering if Jupiter in Pisces could bring Amen to life, because right now, most people are not feeling it.

I also don't think Cyprus will do very well. The Devil is aligned to Scorpio, not Pisces. But let's see how things are gonna turn out.

The Moon in Libra on Grand Final night also makes people love gentle songs, but Libra is not spiritual, it is an intellectual sign. So Amen and this Moon sign don't mix well.
It was also a big year for Portugal aside from Eurovision and the 100 years of the Fatima apparitions if I'm right. The stars were aligned to put the country on the front row.

For me it's not exactly a problem in itself that they're born under a Capricorn Jupiter but after generating the chart of this year (SF1, 9pm from my country), I realized three funny things things :

- The chart ruler of this year's Eurovision is Jupiter
- This years' Eurovision's chart ruler is in the 3H.
- on a less important note, I find it very cute and fitting that we have a 4H neptune (home and imaginary world) :LOL:

Despite the importance of Jupiter, these songs with a Jupiter theme born under a Capricorn Jupiter are in aversion to the Ascendant, which is not good considering that it brings shadow and less visibility. It also means having no aspect to ESC's Jupiter.
If Jupiter themed songs want to do well, they'll need an extra boost despite Jupiter being the chart ruler such as other planets making aspects to the MC, the Moon, Venus or Jupiter.

Also, with the chart ruler in the 3H (short travel) I think that the winner will be very close to the Netherlands. :D

Ezio

Veteran
Sounds like Switzerland has it in the bag then or France

Ezio

Veteran
I am not an ardent follower of wiwibloggs, so I happily miss most things going on there. However, their jury score for Austria 2021 is probably the lowest I have ever seen.

Top Bottom