Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

Denmark's song is pretty cool. Their problem are obviously the Jesper's vocals which are off-putting and I am quite sure that Denmark won't be in the jury's Top 10. Their second problem is the lack of allies besides Iceland.

Estonia might also end outside of the jury's top 10, but Uku has strong vocals, his song is very catchy and his stage show will be very effective and captivating, I guess.

If we come up with a modest staging, we are done.
I dont understand how you can expect Denmark to qualify. their song is really dated. however this year almost all of the songs are just middle of the road in my eyes. it will depend very much on the stagings, which usually is a strong point for austria. difficult to predict all of the ten qualifyers. but i dont have doubts that austria will qualify.

mauve

Veteran
I also doubt that Denmark will have any success with the televotes, and certainly not with the Juries. But who knows we all might be completely wrong ...

hungo

this song is made for the stage. it will convince more people when it is performed live. i am sure that we will see Austria in the final.

Remisan

I really like the timbre of his voice, and I can feel his emotions. But the lyrics are not my cup of tea.

when I heard “Amen, Amen, tell me, is this what you wanted?” I thought that this song is the appeal of a disappointed person to fate, gods, or maybe death, who picks up loved ones. ... but then I heard the words of the lyrics ... and this song is about the end of a relationship (and these are not the words that I would have liked in a song about parting)

But I steel like his voice :love:

Last edited:

hungo

🤣🤣🤣 wtf you on about? It's you who cannot accept other peoples taste. I didn't even comment on other people liking it, just my own view. I knew someone would get butthurt they always do in this thread.
no need to get rude.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
This entry is yet another reason as to why it was wrong to bring back to ESC countries who previously were withdrawn.

Ezio

Veteran
We are 5th in the running order of the semi, which looks kinda privileged to me. But coming after Greece and before Poland, and might be the case that our staging is a modest one with nothing going on.

mauve

Veteran
We are 5th in the running order of the semi, which looks kinda privileged to me. But coming after Greece and before Poland, and might be the case that our staging is a modest one with nothing going on.
But Austria and Estonia are the only ballads in the first half (others are all some kind of bops) ... I have the feeling that Austria could stand out. Even if the staging is modest, I still hope that Vincent can convince with his voice!

Ezio

Veteran
But Austria and Estonia are the only ballads in the first half (others are all some kind of bops) ... I have the feeling that Austria could stand out. Even if the staging is modest, I still hope that Vincent can convince with his voice!
I don't even consider Estonia to be a ballad, it is way too powerful. You don't want to dance to the song, but to have sex with the song. Well, maybe not you, but me. But to your point, Austria is maybe the only ballad in that half and doesn't get lost in the mix with Georgia, Portugal, Switzerland and Bulgaria, which is good for us. 5th is not too early but distant enough from the pack in the 2nd half.

mauve

Veteran
I don't even consider Estonia to be a ballad, it is way too powerful. You don't want to dance to the song, but to have sex with the song. Well, maybe not you, but me. But to your point, Austria is maybe the only ballad in that half and doesn't get lost in the mix with Georgia, Portugal, Switzerland and Bulgaria, which is good for us. 5th is not too early but distant enough from the pack in the 2nd half.
Yes, estonia is maybe a power ballad ... and I think as what ballads are concerned in the semi, unfortunately Portugal and Georgia won't make it, whereas Bulgaria, and Austria will. As for Estonia, I am nor too sure.

Iker

Veteran
I don't believe that :at: will qualify, the song is too lukewarm & unimpressive to really stand out - it would need a massive jury backing as I can see it struggling to get even 30 TV points despite being in seemingly less competitive semifinal. If Vincent qualifies (which imho will not happen) than it will be Anja from Denmark style.

mauve

Veteran
I don't believe that :at: will qualify, the song is too lukewarm & unimpressive to really stand out - it would need a massive jury backing as I can see it struggling to get even 30 TV points despite being in seemingly less competitive semifinal. If Vincent qualifies (which imho will not happen) than it will be Anja from Denmark style.
Well I hope he does qualify, let's see what happens ... there are so many possibilities in this semi!

Ezio

Veteran
Astrologically, Austria should be blessed and highly favoured, since Jupiter in Pisces is gonna activate all the sweet spots in the Austrian charts of both the first and second Republic, and Jupiter in Pisces also is very religious, spiritual and humble. But we'll see if fandom is right in the end.

Since Pisces is all about spirits and universe, Switzerland could run away with victory. I don't feel their song yet, but maybe that is gonne change once Jupiter transits from Aquarius to Pisces.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

This is a step up from their 2020 entry imho, although it takes time to build up and melodically the build-up part near the end lifts the song, but just like the song in general the quite lousy lyrics brings it down. Generally though this is a "skip" for me, it's one of the better offers in terms of slow songs we have this year but overall still rather bland. It's a top. 25 for me.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • The vocals do their job.
  • The instrumentals do their job, as well.
THE BAD:
  • I don't know, I guess it's just not my thing.
  • It's also a bit stale for what the song is trying to be.
THE VERDICT:

This would be a good song to hear on a modern Christian radio station. Here, though, I'm just not feeling it. I don't think folks will be feeling it in May, either. I'll say that the song always has a chance to be in the Final, but if it does make it, I don't think it'll win or even be in the top half. 7 points

Top Bottom