San Marino – 198 votes
Latvia – 166 votes
Ireland – 156 votes
The Netherlands – 145 votes
United Kingdom – 95 votes

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
I think I make this thread ALIVE with my comments. Because let's face it, except local Austrians there aren't many users from other countries who come here. :ROFLMAO:

Lindon

Was the same with Cesár and when he won the jury vote all said "Oh, I didn't see this coming". Well, they didn't pay attention.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Cesars song was amazing. I liked it the very first time I had listened to it, especially the chorus. He deserved that 3rd place.

Vb song is complete opposite of cesar. They can't be compared those 2 songs. The only common they have is that they would have had represented the same country.

Apart from that most ppl will say that cesar is much more likeable, has better personality and wasn't caught in any controversy.. But hey mz was caught in a controversy and has won (thanks to jurry) but still. So there is a hope for vb after all. He has 12 months to prepare a new song and it won't be difficult. Again, he was the luckiest in this whole scenario in my opinion.

Last edited:

Lindon

"We Are the World": ORF cover of the world hit with Radio Symphony Orchestra Vienna and ESC acts as a sign of cooperation in the corona crisis.

Hardly any other pop song conveys the idea of community as strongly as the world hit “We Are the World” recorded 35 years ago by the legendary all-star ensemble “USA for Africa”.
On the initiative of the ORF TV culture department, a new edition of the title that is so programmatic in the current Corona crisis is in production, which Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson once wrote, and together with artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Ray Charles, Tina Turner, Bob Dylan or Diana Ross produced.
Following an arrangement by Leonard Eröd, ensemble member of the ORF Radio Symphony Orchestra Vienna, around 50 other musicians of the orchestra play the cover version as a symbol of togetherness.

"Stay at home" version with RSO Vienna and ESC acts PAENDA, Sampson, Trent & Bueno
True to the Corona motto "Stay at home", the artists develop their parts in their own four walls and record the tracks in image and sound. Chief conductor Marin Alsop from Baltimore was also enthusiastic about the project. Four Austrian song contest acts are on board for the vocal part, each of which also creates and records their own contributions. In addition to the former ESC representatives PAENDA (2019), Cesár Sampson (2018) and Nathan Trent (2017) Vincent Bueno, who would have represented Austria this year, is also on board.

The proceeds from the streams will go to the cultural catastrophe fund for musicians from AKM and austro mechana.

Last edited:

sigi

xwallxscaredxfacepalmxfaintxgaahxgaahxgaahxgaahxgaahxgaahxgaahxgaah
You talking about me? U don't know anything about me. Maybe I am a straight ally, or fighter for human rights and so on. I didn't say anywhere im lgbt. A fan??? Really??
human rights are so 2000's :ROFLMAO:... we live in 2020 with Trump, Erdogan, Putin, Orban and so on but you are focusing on Vincent Bueno. A little unimportant singer. Wake up and save the world with more important things :)

Zonne147

Unpopular Opinion alert:

Hope you bring something similar to "Alive" next year or at least something I like :at: was again in my personal top 10 (2017 & 2018 too - let's pretend 2019 didn't happen)

You were undervalued by the fandom in 2017 and 2018 but you did better than people expected and many were upset because your radiofriendly professional entries that got a lot of appreciation from the juries finished above some of the average fan favorites... I was confident the same was going to happen this year but we will never know...

Just keep sending something I like xup Be proud of your entries

MalagaToledo

Banned
We got another review of vb song. This time from our escunited team.

Vielen Dank an fast alle escunited Mitgliedern xheartxheartxheartxlovexlovexlove:lol:xlovexheartxlovexheartxlove

PS. :at: 2020 has got the worst rewiews on escunited team for now, but there are still about 20 songs to be reviewed.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
He is again posting the post someone on insta wrote to him. (it's not me BTW). He says it's the best thing to ignore them, but still shares their posts.

Also, he says next Sunday together with his wife, he will ask others to join religious mass, or church choir songs or he will advices to people who need spirituality. I didn't even understand what he was saying. :unsure:xthink

MalagaToledo

Banned
Omg, he had live chat on his insta with few fans. Omg, that was soooooo cringey. :censored:xfacepalmxshock1:
The whole live chat..
He asked one girl how old are you. She says her age (very young). He says ohh wow, I could be your big, big Big girl? :confused:
He asks her have you ever been bashed or hated for no reason. Then he proceeds : I think they want attention, they had scars from the past that they hid unter the surface just like cordon bleu. xfacepalm
He asks her can you sing a piece of my song. She said no, awkward giggles and then he says OK, thank you for supporting my work. :lol:
Then the 2nd chat was also if not even more xshock1:nothing against those esc fans, I fully respect everyone, but that live chat was :confused::)
But I totally understand it. I mean u were not prepared, a bit nervous for live chat, someone isn't very communicative, or has language barrier issues. I totally get it.

Last edited:

Lindon

And Now for Something Completely Different

Last edited:

Lindon

:cry:

Lindon

Let's move on. As promised part 2 of the scientific documentary "Austria 12 points". 1978 - 1993

:lol: handbag

Last edited:

FRFanESC

Unpopular Opinion alert:

Hope you bring something similar to "Alive" next year or at least something I like :at: was again in my personal top 10 (2017 & 2018 too - let's pretend 2019 didn't happen)

You were undervalued by the fandom in 2017 and 2018 but you did better than people expected and many were upset because your radiofriendly professional entries that got a lot of appreciation from the juries finished above some of the average fan favorites... I was confident the same was going to happen this year but we will never know...

Just keep sending something I like xup Be proud of your entries
I think Austria could have surprised everyone this year too. It could have been a top 10 with juries but I think it would've flopped with televoting.

Last edited:

Lindon

And the last part of Austria 12 points

Lindon

Addendum

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Some acts seem to be heart-broken about not returning next year, especially Ulrikke. I think it would be nice if countries with returning artists build bridges with artists that are not supposed to return.

So, I'd think Vincent Bueno would be a nice match up with The Mamas. I am also having a soft spot for Sandro and turning up the heat on stage.

Ezio

Veteran
Actually, I find a bit tiring to reiterate the history of Austria in Eurovision year after year. I am quite satisfied with the last decade.

But those crimes that we committed in the 80's and since 04, make me want to bury myself in a rabbit hole and never come out.

We had Falco, Austropop rocked our charts, but all what we could deliver in the 80's was pretentious crap. Only exception: Hurricane in 1983.

I enjoyed Udo Jürgens, most of the 90's (except '93, '94). I am not convinced it was a great idea to send jazz three years in a row. 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000 and 2002, I think we had superior songs than the actual winners. Although I think that Manuel Ortega sold it poorly, like a fish on a stick. 2004, 2005, 2007, 2012 - quadruple cringe. Happy that we and Eurovision as a whole recovered. Our entries feel more organic and compelling now, mostly.

Ezio

Veteran
Vincent Bueno has released a new song with cute intentions. "Family fight" is dedicated to his ill cousin, who is battling cancer.

However, this song is another instance of his poor song writing skills. It is really bad. To me, it sounds like something R. Kelly would have rejected for his album in 1996. This song sounds soooo uncontemporary and bland. #cringe.

He is a singer and a dancer, but he really should let writing songs go for good. He just can't do it and if he thinks he can, he is conceited.

Conchita once said she lacks the talent to write her songs when she released her album in 2015. Later, however, she engaged co-writing her songs and those were even better. Maybe she could write Vincent a song. lol

Top Bottom