Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
We missed out on jury and televote top 10, so what's the point? We wouldn't have made it either way. Denmark was losing out on Moldova, if Moldova bought all their votes.

Lindon

Forget it, I'm tired. This was the most stressful ESC season(s) of my life. I won't get further into it why and it will never happen again from a human point of view. In fact on Thursday I felt relieved.

NeoTen

While I'm waiting for this till 2033.
I seriously consider to do a side by side montage of the Austrian and the Moldovan song to show how ridiculous this is, but I can't upload it because of the EBU.

Ezio said it better, but this made me think of Not Alone by Aram. You can't sing Amen 15 times.

Zeus

Serbia and Moldova scored better with the juries...

My god.

Ezio

Veteran
Why was Kati Zechner in Rotterdam? Was she bored?

Ezio

Veteran
In terms of points achieved in the semifinal, we became 30th of 39th. Taking into consideration the 4 pre-qualified countries that bombed in the Final, we can consider ourselves 26th. Not too bad. At least it is not another historic low like 2015, 2017, 2019. Disaster averted.

Lindon

Just to celebrate Italy's victory, let's start the party with Austrian music

aef

Just to celebrate Italy's victory, let's start the party with Austrian music
It's just ridiculous to believe that :it: took drugs live on tv in front of millions of viewers

Ezio

Veteran
YouTube Trending :at:

#1 Zitti e buoni
#2 Grand Final show
#3 Voilà

iTunes

#1 Zitti e buoni
#3 Voilà
#5 Shum
#7 Dark side
#9 Zitti e buoni
#11 Tout l'univers
#13 Fallen angel
#14 Voices
#18 Discoteque
#21 Je me casse
#25 10 years
#35 Zitti e buoni
#37 Amen
#38 Think about things
#39 Шум
#42 Love is on my side
#54 The wrong place
#55 Adrenalina
#63 Arcade
#73 Mata Hari
#75 Set me free
#76 Hurricane
#79 Russian Woman
#80 Рано-раненько
#82 Voy a quedarme
#83 Embers
#85 The Ride

Lindon

ORF self-critical

And Austria: Vincent Bueno was eliminated in twelfth place in his semifinal, the result was announced on Sunday night. So it wasn't particularly close. With the up-tempo number "Alive" from last year he might have had more chances. Power ballads like “Amen” didn't stand a chance this year. And after the male winner Duncan Laurence from last year, men seem to have had worse cards (and songs too?) this year. On Thursday alone, six of the seven failed candidates were men. Nevertheless: Even if Bueno competed without major mistakes, that (notice: composition) showed too little courage.

Lindon

I just heard a song excerpt for the ESC by Vincent that was rejected by the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation ORF. The song was called "Dumb Human Bias". It was rejected as "too aggressive". The first objection was the title. It went like this : "When I hear this for the first time ... does that mean I'm dumb?" The song would have been exceptional for the ESC and was a danceable number and had nothing to do with the "musical genre".
The music came along pretty aggressive, but the lyrics would have been a rejection of racism, homophobia and violence.
Well, talking of courage. As you see above what I posted month ago.

Ezio

Veteran
I am happy we didn't get to hear this song. If he want to sings about Dumb Human Bias, he can do it with a less off-putting song title. I also don't want us to lecture the rest of Europe with our song, case and point "Get alive - get a life".

In a contest, that rewards authenticity, Vincent Bueno doesn't have the best cards to begin with. Vincent Bueno lacks charisma and message, sadly he also lacks skill. He is not a trendsetter, but a follower. He has a very good voice that saved us from a Paenda-esque disaster, but in the end you cannot sing Amen and make it trite. His authentic self, which has a religious core, should have let him allow to make it about the superior being that is God. He shied away from showing his personality and no one connected with him. It was enough to achieve the best NQ result for Austria. He is also a good dancer, that was another missed opportunity. However, Alive would not have cut it or maybe as 10th against Moldova or Serbia, who had weaker songs last year.

Lindon

Playing with time code and audio track

Lindon

Hmmm, the camera angles and sound mixing of ORF were way better than in the actual contest.
Da wurde ja wieder was verschlimmbessert.

32:05

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Hmmm, the camera angles and sound mixing of ORF were way better than in the actual contest.
Da wurde ja wieder was verschlimmbessert.

32:05

True that. From all the live tapes, I liked Vincent's the most (next to Poland actually). The camera work was indeed so much better than the in the semi. Now all the "if"-questions go thru my mind. Oh well.

marty

They had more close ups in the tape version and even the light was better in my eyes. I found the light show in Rotterdam not very impressing in general.

marty

Vincent just released the two songs he submitted for rotterdam 21. I think ORF was right in rejecting these songs.

hungo

Vincent just released the two songs he submitted for rotterdam 21. I think ORF was right in rejecting these songs.
I agree. I think his lyrics are quite ok but he just is not a good composer. both very boring songs.

Ezio

Veteran
Totally agree. I would send these songs with a gift card to his biggest fan in Toledo

Top Bottom