Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
i think the song came across as boring as expected so imo not advancing to the final is justified. i think there were at least 3 other countries who failed to qualify that were better / more deserving than the austrian entry.

whoever threw in that orf should have cesar sampson on speed dial: why? nobody but you is actually his only good song. and we have a lot more to offer than the same people all over again.
and yes i think they made some weak choices but the thing is: it's really not like every austrian artist is interested in doin eurovision. i wouldn't have chosen vincent in the first place because it's not my personal taste and i don't see anything that makes him special, i'm sorry. but i KNOW they approach lots of different artists and most of them simply don't want to do it. ive heard the songs from the 2020 interal preselection and they were ALL weak. like REALLY weak.

i would love to see orf take a bit of an alternative approach, they have a very middle of the road taste imo

oh and i actually think that paenda last year was a good choice, the song just wasn't right (for her and for the event) and she wasn't at the right place as an artist. she improved a lot imo and has since released a few songs that would have been way more suitable for eurovision (definitely not saying that she should do it again, i just wanna point out that i think she basically was a good choice)

edit: oh and let me add: orf should stop trying to make their own people happen. they have a songwriting team and musical staff which is imo very old fashioned (just like orf is) and they clearly have no idead about exciting and fresh new music.
I agree that Paenda was a very good choice, but she was so unpopular and an top of that she missed all her keys. Vincent was not the right choice to begin with, but it's not like that ORF has no options at all. Sara de Blue for example would love to go her, and we know she has a voice out of this world. And yet, where is she!? What's the problem here?

We know that artists who have a passion for Eurovision, deliver the best results: Conchita, Symphonix/Cesar, Zoe - and so Sara de Blue. She would have delivered the best result for San Marino in 2018.

Paenda felt like someone who was there for exposure, but not for the love of Eurovision, Bueno the same.

Amen should have passed to the final compared to all the wannabe Beyoncés, but I also agree that there are even more interesting songs out. And the sad thing is that Eurovision iis now in a place, where the really interesting songs get eliminated and the final show lacks diversity.

Amen's three sins are:

- The lyrics. They make no sense in the context of Amen
- The OneRepublic sound
- The minimalistic high road approach for the staging once again (it sounded promising, but in the end it was very boring)

Amen was probably the wrong song for VB after all. This guy is a dancer and ORF is yet to bring a dance act to the stage. Not with a boring song such as Alive and not as tacky as most of the fuegos this year, but with the right song, Vincent would have been the man to slay the stage with a dance spectacle.

Looren

Veteran
Yesterday I almost cried at his performance, he was my 2nd favorite of the night behind Uku

Losing both of them made me so sad

Vincent was really into his song, he sang it with all his passion

He deserved so much better :(

Lindon

• Like It
Reactions: skl

Lindon

Milos-BC

This is the only surprise for me. I thought he will make it. It's not the best song in the competition, but it's good and the performance was quite good as well. Too bad.

Lindon

Oe24 writes

Austerity
It was a complete train wreck with announcement: We were never on grand final course with the bookmakers: the song was too weak, and even in Austria it was never in the charts.
Too boring the production, in which the ORF again saved in the wrong place: no explosions, no dancers, no backdrop.
These extras, which all other countries have afforded, would have cost around 30,000 euros in Rotterdam.
The bill was presented to the team around Kathi Zechner, who selected our ESC song again single-handedly and without a national final. Not only Bueno, the quotas also crashed: Only 428,000 ORF viewers trembled with Bueno's appearance after all, 486,000 when the qualifiers were announced. At the top, the second qualifying round only managed to get 495,000 viewers. At the Paenda debacle in 2019 567,000 viewers were drawn to the tv's.

In Vincent Bueno's thanks to his fans right after the show there is also a small criticism hidden if you look closely. In a subordinate clause it says "(.....) I did my very best with the song that was given to me"

Last edited:

Datura

I agree that Paenda was a very good choice, but she was so unpopular and an top of that she missed all her keys. Vincent was not the right choice to begin with, but it's not like that ORF has no options at all. Sara de Blue for example would love to go her, and we know she has a voice out of this world. And yet, where is she!? What's the problem here?

We know that artists who have a passion for Eurovision, deliver the best results: Conchita, Symphonix/Cesar, Zoe - and so Sara de Blue. She would have delivered the best result for San Marino in 2018.

Paenda felt like someone who was there for exposure, but not for the love of Eurovision, Bueno the same.

Amen should have passed to the final compared to all the wannabe Beyoncés, but I also agree that there are even more interesting songs out. And the sad thing is that Eurovision iis now in a place, where the really interesting songs get eliminated and the final show lacks diversity.

Amen's three sins are:

- The lyrics. They make no sense in the context of Amen
- The OneRepublic sound
- The minimalistic high road approach for the staging once again (it sounded promising, but in the end it was very boring)

Amen was probably the wrong song for VB after all. This guy is a dancer and ORF is yet to bring a dance act to the stage. Not with a boring song such as Alive and not as tacky as most of the fuegos this year, but with the right song, Vincent would have been the man to slay the stage with a dance spectacle.

have you heard Sara de Blues latest musical output? it's not good. But yea the esc bubble seems to like her.

hm i don't know, i just wanted to say i don't think that paenda was there for exposure but maybe you are right. we know that she wanted to participate with a vrey different (uptempo) song which orf didn't like so limits was the only option. (i've said it before i still think limits was the best option of songs that year in the internal preselection). maybe it wasn't the right time so she should have rejected the offer but who can blame her if you're given the chance

so yea this might be one of the problems with vincents entry aswell, i know that they said they wanted him to go in the musical (the genre) direction with this entry, so this is what they got. those who made these decisions are just wrong. they chose 1 good song (cesar) and that was a work of several years, the song was already in the race when nathan trent was selected but it had a different chorus
still think amen it's better than alive was but yea i've said what i think of him / his art enough i guess.

aef

Actually I don't hate Alive as much as everyone else, I think a qualification would have been easier with that song. With great dancing this would have attracted televoters.

Yeah in the end I really don't get the song choice in 2019 and 2021. Paaenda would have done much better with one of her usual, more uptempo songs and Vincent would have needed a danceable uptempo song too.

marty

I wish Paenda could return with an uptempo song. she is a very energetic person. i think she could deliver a great show on stage.

Ezio

Veteran
Not sure, Limits is her only song I like. All her other songs lack skill and finesse.

aef

I just coincidentally listened to I am Yours on Ö3 in the car and thought that it was a very decent entry actually. It's such a shame that it got 0 points, I also liked the staging back then tough it could have been staged better.

Datura

Not sure, Limits is her only song I like. All her other songs lack skill and finesse.
i actually really like "my heart", "want me not to want you" and "high and dry". not sure if any of these would have been eurovision material though

Ezio

Veteran
We can be happy to have Eurovision next year close again and hopefully Covid-free. Hoping for Milan or Bologna to host.

Ezio

Veteran
66 points and 12th place in the 2nd semi. Way off the needed points to qualify.

Lindon

66 points and 12th place in the 2nd semi. Way off the needed points to qualify.
Not so sure if it isn't 11th place. I can't believe Moldova was in the top 15.

Ezio

Veteran
Not so sure if it isn't 11th place. I can't believe Moldova was in the top 15.
Moldova finished 7th with 179 points.

Lindon

Ezio

Veteran
Details:

53 jury points
13 televoting points
= 66 total points

We gave 12 points to Serbia of course in televoting, but 12 to Switzerland in jury
20 points in total to each Switzerland and Iceland

We came 15th in televoting, only better than Latvia and Czechia
Moldova and Serbia got 3 points more than us in the jury voting. lol

Lindon

I seriously consider to do a side by side montage of the Austrian and the Moldovan song to show how ridiculous this is, but I can't upload it because of the EBU.

Top Bottom