Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
Denmark is more likely to pass by but I also hope Serbia falters. I guess Albania and Portugal are quite safe.

Datura

I saw a lot of critical reviews on Moldowa in recent days. As this somewhat lost its status of a sure qualifier, maybe Vincent can sneak in...
i actually think moldova will be destroyed by the juries...

Ezio

Veteran
Me too xpray
I really hope the juries will help him to qualify xcheer
Maybe also the public. Even if you would not listen to this song alone, it may pop and come across as pleasant after 4 upbeat, loud and dramatic songs in a row. Greece in front of us might be a blessing for our chances and a welcome change of pace for the viewers.

I also think the producers are praying for some more ballads to come to the Final. Barbara Pravi might pray for the opposite however.

Youtube Trends of today

#1 ESC Semifinal 1
#3 Ukraine
#9 Russia

That's all. No Malta, no Cyprus.

However, iTunes

#13 Je me casse
#35 Amen (VB)
#72 Fallen Angel
#85 Shum
#95 Шум

Ezio

Veteran
Do we want Austria to qualify tomorrow and embarass ourselves in the Grand Final televote?

Or do we want to sneak out tomorrow?

Datura

i'm really sorry but he still bores the sh*t out of me. just listened to one of his interviews again and he is just not interesting at all and so is his art. i'm sure he's a lovely chap but musically & artistically this does absolutely nothing for me

Ezio

Veteran
It’s not a great personality contest

A-lister

Veteran
i'm really sorry but he still bores the sh*t out of me. just listened to one of his interviews again and he is just not interesting at all and so is his art. i'm sure he's a lovely chap but musically & artistically this does absolutely nothing for me

Second this! The song has some moments where you think it can go somewhere... only to end up flat again.

Such a jury bait but then it shows the problem with the juries imho

It's not the worst song of this year, or the semi, but it's just... well... non-eventful.

But tbh I much prefer this over Portugal which imo is in the same category (not genre wise but boring, conservative, non-eventful)...

Generally semi 2 is pretty boring, I only care for 4 entries there xshrug

Datura

i don't really get this jury thing... it's just basically "random" people of the music industry, just because somebody is an artist doesn't mean he / she automatically values a certain kind of song, or a song where u can show of ur vocal abilities - especially not if it's a boring one. it's just the taste of 5 people. and i don't think they (the austrian responsible) chose the song as a "jury bait", i think they chose it because they thought it was good. they are wrong.

A-lister

Veteran
i don't really get this jury thing... it's just basically "random" people of the music industry, just because somebody is an artist doesn't mean he / she automatically values a certain kind of song, or a song where u can show of ur vocal abilities - especially not if it's a boring one. it's just the taste of 5 people. and i don't think they (the austrian responsible) chose the song as a "jury bait", i think they chose it because they thought it was good. they are wrong.

Just take a look at the juries' voting patterns throughout the years and it becomes kinda obvious... this is right down their alley

Ezio

Veteran
The jury thing is about egalizing diaspora. Eurovision in the 2000’s was terrible. People vote for flags first, the songs second. Just ask the Serb living in Vienna with a Serbian flag avatar which country he is gonna vote. Televoting was disengaging to viewers, not creating more interest. ORF bowed out and had no intentions to return. The introduction of juries made Eurovision great again. And you should know better than me that the juries back in Eurovision was actually ORF’s doing.

Ezio

Veteran
Ouch!

I kinda like this reaction though

Lindon

Look at the odds.

Iker

Veteran
:at: will certainly NQ.

This ballad from 2005 Bridget Jones movie (except with different lyrics) will not sit well.

Chorizo

That's way too much of "Amen" for my taste. When I was watching the video, I thought that all that was missing was a priest's collar.
I thought surely someone must have died but when paying more attention to the lyrics I realized it's just about a breakup. Then I've read it's about the death of his daughter. Not sure if that's really what he had in mind.

Parts of the song sound good to me but the Amen makes it sound too religious for my taste.
I miss the good old days in 2018, when I was truly excited about Austria's entry. At least it's not a dirge like in 2019...
I give it 7 points for now.

Ezio

Veteran
Look at the odds.
48% means still less likely to qualify than to qualify. It’s more likely than not that any country behind us qualifies ;)

So, don’t get carried away just yet. We are definitely not in for the win and I will be able to enjoy Eurovision either way. Going to the GF is always exciting, receiving zero points not so much. At the moment, I am eating up anything related to Ukraine.

Ezio

Veteran
That's way too much of "Amen" for my taste. When I was watching the video, I thought that all that was missing was a priest's collar.
I thought surely someone must have died but when paying more attention to the lyrics I realized it's just about a breakup. Then I've read it's about the death of his daughter. Not sure if that's really what he had in mind.

Parts of the song sound good to me but the Amen makes it sound too religious for my taste.
I miss the good old days in 2018, when I was truly excited about Austria's entry. At least it's not a dirge like in 2019...
I give it 7 points for now.
I wish it was religious because for a break up song Amen is a tacky choice for a chorus. However I love the religious staging, small path to salvation. and Vincent has his own story which is not a breakup story but a story of losing a child.

the composition is very One Republic and thus not really contemporary.

for me Amen is 7 of 12 at the moment. Better than Nathan Trent in any case. But weaker than anyone else since 2014.

marty

I am sure we will see a great performance from Vincent tonight. His voice will sound beautifully. No idea what will happen at the end. Again there are many overloaded stagings, hopefully the juries and public will appreciate Vincents classy performance.

Top Bottom