4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

Sammy

Veteran
Nobody said he is hated by "ALL" esc fans. Majority is a much better term. Ohhh, is that the same schlager Sweden who sent mz over Mariette "don't stop believing ". Ohh big deal he qualified in a fake Swedish show in the most hated generally Eurovision country.
Ok, now I understand! Since you insist, I‘ll refer to you as „nobody“ then. xrofl

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Austria is qualifying in most polls for the final. even on flamboyant wiwibloggs which dismissed its qualifying chances, it went 23rd of 41 on the big scoreboard. On escunited panel, 3 of 4 jurors liked it. 13th in Spain, qualifying in Iceland and Sweden. I could see Austria qualifying easily this year although the song itself is not my spilling cup of tea.

however, although Austria has a standout, inspite of its mediocrity by being upbeat and with the potential of a dance slayage, due to the overall mediocrity of this years Eurovision cast. there are any many favorites for the win, but few favorites for running up and mid table results. Austria is one of the best of the rest which includes many many many many abominal songs.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Austria is qualifying in most polls for the final. even on flamboyant wiwibloggs which dismissed its qualifying chances, it went 23rd of 41 on the big scoreboard. On escunited panel, 3 of 4 jurors liked it. 13th in Spain, qualifying in Iceland and Sweden. I could see Austria qualifying easily this year although the song itself is not my spilling cup of tea.

however, although Austria has a standout, inspite of its mediocrity by being upbeat and with the potential of a dance slayage, due to the overall mediocrity of this years Eurovision cast. there are any many favorites for the win, but few favorites for running up and mid table results. Austria is one of the best of the rest which includes many many many many abominal songs.
1. Whenever you want someone to believe you, put the link so we can see "most polls". Cause I can put links about 100 polls in which he didn't make it through.

2. I put links of both wiwibloggs and escunited. Facts are facts. In wiwibloggs, only William who praised literally every 41 song had something nice to say and even he gave mediocre 5 out of 10.

3. There are no 4 jurors at escunited, there are at least 30 reactors. Like I said he finished on 38 out of 40 songs. That's not even mediocre, that's just very bad score for a competition.
4. You can go back few pages and you will se none is thrilled about alive.

5. I stopped when u said "Austria could have easily Q this year. I just can't take my time to engage in such a b..s...

Lindon

I guess Alive will do well in the swedish esc-show. too bad we could not see the staging, i think austria would have staged a fantastic dance show.

It's really a pity that we can't see Vincent's staging. As far as I know, the ORF has produced a so-called director's video in March for the Dutch director, which roughly shows the performance for planning the camera settings. But I think it was done in a neutral setting with only two additional dancers and not the planned five additional dancers.

What a running order of Sveriges 12:a
Christer Björkman on top of his game. :)

Azerbaijan
United Kingdom
Denmark
Estonia
Australia
Lithuania
The Netherlands
Spain
Poland
Germany
Belgium
Iceland
Norway
Ireland
France
Malta
Finland
Bulgaria
Georgia
Greece
Switzerland
Austria
Israel
Italy
Russia

Ezio

Veteran
Omg Poland, Estonia and Georgia also passed. I am stanning this!

But Alive is gonna get cancelled out/killed off by Feker Libi ;-)

Last edited:

Lindon

Omg Poland, Estonia and Georgia also passed. I am stanning this!

But Alive is gonna get cancelled out/killed off by Feker Libi ;-)
I thought the same. But given its position Alive must have done very well and/ or Mr. B. likes it.

Lindon

Lindon

Comparison two audio tracks of ORF: Visual description vs. Andi Knoll

Last edited:

tuorem

My review:

AUSTRIA 2020 - Vincent - Alive - "Neither good nor bad"

For some reason, the mellow beginning of the track reminds me of the album "Journals" by Justin Bieber, and I don't mind. Actually, it's my favourite part, had it been that vibe until the end, I probably would have been on board. Sadly, it turns into a pseudo-funk-ish situation afterwards and that's where it loses me. The lyrics and melody are rather poor and so is what I assume is the chorus. The "hook" is so un-catchy and borderline demo. Pity.

While I think there were interesting elements that contributed to the diversity of the edition, it feels way too shallow for me to be enjoyable. I wish they had crafted the whole thing better. Development-wise, it loses momentum past the first chorus and never goes anywhere from there, which makes it repetitive even for three minutes imo.

Vocally, Vincent doesn't elevate this song. I'm not sure about how skilled he is in this department, but all I get is amateur vibes. Despite all the negative points I highlight here, I don't think it's a bad effort per se, just a tad botched and anonymous to be interesting or memorable: a reproach that also applies to the recent Austrian entries as far as I'm concerned. I understand "Loin d'ici" was an accident, but still, it would be nice to hear something more lively and incarnate again in the future tbh.

Prediction-wise, it's a tough one. I assume juries would have loved it since it's typically the kind of stuff they think is quality. But there is no soul or fun in it, so I highly doubt the viewers would have put this through. A fate a la Nathan Trent would have been pretty plausible imo, even with a fitting staging.

To sum up, I might have enjoyed that song with a thorough revamp, but as is, it's just kind of there for me. It'll be interesting to see what track Bueno comes up with next year, I'd say "up your game" since the genre will most likely be the same. Surprise me!

Ezio

Veteran
I agree with tuorem. Alive is neither catchy nor emotionally captivating. Unlike "Limits" last year. Oh, I miss Limits and was on my edge to see this song slay the competition out of nowhere. Sadly, Paenda sang so badly. xcry

I also see how Alive would still have passed to the final, collected some jury scores and a big fat zero from the televote. I was not a fan of Running on air, but compared to this, Nathan Trent song was actually decent.

Alive goes into one ear, and goes out the same ear, because the brain refuses to let it pass. Please cancel Vincent Bueno for 2021, PUUULEEASE

Milos-BC

His 2021 entry is much better. This one is quite forgettable and it probably would've stayed in the semi.

3 points.

Top Bottom