6 5.0%

4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

hungo

I guess Alive will do well in the swedish esc-show. too bad we could not see the staging, i think austria would have staged a fantastic dance show.

Sammy

Veteran
I guess Alive will do well in the swedish esc-show. too bad we could not see the staging, i think austria would have staged a fantastic dance show.
I think so too. The problem in my opinion is the song. It's not a bad one, but it doesn't have the wow-factor. Something that makes it memorable. I've pushed myself through all the songs I could find of Vincent on the Net and came to the conclusion that he's a great performer, but his songwriting abilities are - let's say - limited.

Ezio

Veteran
The song could have been saved by a great performance, like What’s the pressure in 2016. Still, it already is a song ready for the Final, at Wiwi it scored another bottom 5 result. I guess it was 23rd or so. Not too bad for a hated song.

MalagaToledo

Banned
at Wiwi it scored another bottom 5 result.
At escunited, it also scored and finished in the bottom 3. I believe only :fr::ee::am:
scored worse than :at:. It definitely is very bad because this is a competition. People or at least some of them or most of them came there to win, not be in the bottom 3 at the end of the day.

aef

As for Wiwibloggs for example they always tend to underestimate :at: when it comes to semi-final qualifier predictions. They also had :at: 2018 as a borderline qualifier. Also the ESC United team ranked Nobody But You really low. In contrast to that, they tend to hype classic ESC fanwanks like :ro: 2019 or :lv: 2020 to death and believe that they are safe qualifiers. There are always 1-3 countries like these in each semi-final. And then everyone is surprised about their NQ. In the end those guys (especially Wiwibloggs) are still 100% Eurovision fanboys living in their own bubble...

To me Alive seemed like a 7th-9th place qualifier. I guess the staging would have really worked out well for the song - the comparison with :be: 2016 is quite a good one...

Sammy

Veteran
True! I agree, but I would also add the selected singer. Selected song + the artist. :)
If you feel the need to quote me, do it correctly or do not quote me at all. I didn't say Vincent is limited, but his song writing abilities were.

Last edited:

Lindon

MalagaToledo

Banned
Es tut mir nicht weh, weil er hätte keine Chance zum Erfolg, zum Qualifizierung.
I was and am very mad that mz won it because he didn't deserve it. Everyone knows it, but I don't have any reason to have any feelings towards vb cause he couldn't stand any chance to qualify. That's why everyone says :at: is the happiest that esc has been cancelled.
PS. Sorry for my sentence in non English. xlove

Last edited:

marty

the build up of the song is good. what it lacks is a good melody. lyrics and music do not really fit together. i am curious if we will get to know anything about the song writing camps and who will attend.

MalagaToledo

Banned
what it lacks is a good melody. lyrics and music do not really fit together.
I agree 100 %with you. Omg Austrians and international esc fans finally agree and are on the same page regarding "alive". xyesxyaaayxrunhugxcheers

Ezio

Veteran
A terrible result for us alive-loathing heterophobes: 16th out of 41 on ESC Songcheck by eurovision.de

i am ashamed to be alive .... <.<

Sammy

Veteran
and it qualified for the final in Sweden's ESC-show. OMG he is SO hated ALL OVER Europe and by ALL the fans! xroflxroflxrofl

MalagaToledo

Banned
A terrible result for us alive-loathing heterophobes: 16th out of 41 on ESC Songcheck by eurovision.de

i am ashamed to be alive .... <.<
Alina Stiegler, a German TV host who is (obviously) no musically expert whatsoever gave u that position. Its not the representation of real state and reality. In all major esc sites like escunited and wiwibloggs you are bottom 3. In all rankings on all social media you are bottom 5. Even Austrians agree with inter esc fans. Sweetie, nobody except maybe Germans hasn't even heard about es check.de. In all betting odds you were outside top 30 (no finals). And even that 16th place is a mediocrity.

Just few years ago Austria won, don't settle with non qualifications and bottom 3. :ROFLMAO::)

MalagaToledo

Banned
and it qualified for the final in Sweden's ESC-show. OMG he is SO hated ALL OVER Europe and by ALL the fans! xroflxroflxrofl
Nobody said he is hated by "ALL" esc fans. Majority is a much better term. Ohhh, is that the same schlager Sweden who sent mz over Mariette "don't stop believing ". Ohh big deal he qualified in a fake Swedish show in the most hated generally Eurovision country.

Lindon

The Iceland's alternative Eurovision 2020 have made their decision. Out of the remaining 40 Eurovision 2020 songs, 15 made the cut on Iceland's alternative contest

Finalists
Austria: Vincent Bueno – Alive
Denmark: Ben & Tan – Yes
Netherlands: Jeangu Macrooy – Grow
Germany: Ben Dolic – Violent Things
Russia: Little Big – Uno
Italy: Diodato – Fai Rumore
Azerbaijan: Samira Efendi – Cleopatra
Malta: Destiny – All Of My Love
Switzerland: Gjon's Tears – Répondez-moi
Romania: Roxen – Alcohol You
United Kingdom: James Newman – My Last Breath
Bulgaria: Victoria – Tears Getting Sober
Sweden: The Mamas – Move
Norway: Ulrikke – Attention
Lithuania: The Roop – On Fire

The finalists were decided by 50% of the public vote and 50% of the jury vote and announced in a random order.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Interesting that you said in random order when vb was announced as 13th. There are so many these fake alternative versions of esc. Every country has its own, but on most of them he is NQ. Was it hard to find ones that he was in?

BTW, my assumption and I might be wrong in this case is smth called compensation. In Austrianvision, Iceland won so hmm. :unsure:

marty

I wonder if he would have been the opener of the 2nd semi. I guess so. Tomorrow we will know. Good to hear that the song is well received by so many people. like i always said it is not a song for the bubble. considering that he is a great live performer i think that the expectations of most of us (qualifyer and somewhere in the middle in the final) was realistic. of course we will never know but to send Vincent again next year is a fair and promising decision. much more time to work on songs, thats good prospects.

• Like It
Reactions: aef
Top Bottom