4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

Lindon

Realest

There is too much competition for 100-150 jury points and I doubt juries fall for him in the first place. Semifinal 2 looks manageable, but I would not be shocked if he does not pull through. ORF thinks this is a televoting friendly song and not jury bait. Well then...

Its one of the least polarising Entries this Year. Most Jurymembers will rank it between 3rd-13th Place and therefore he will get lots 3-7 Points from the professional Juries. I think ORF got it wrong with their Televoteprediction.

Fluke

Why is this so underrated? I think it's easily the best dance-pop entry this year. Great composition and arrangement, superb vocal skills and i bet he can deliver live too, not to mention the dancing. It's obviously influenced by K-Pop which is very timely, and not really heard in the ESC otherwise. And nobody even seems to care that he's pretty much the first male asian artist in the contest? A real dark horse in so many ways!

MalagaToledo

Banned
Why is this so underrated? And nobody even seems to care that he's pretty much the first male asian artist in the contest?
I'm pretty sure that Israel is geographically also in Asia and few other ESC countries. That can help him if Filipino community would pick up phones and vote for Austria.

Ezio

Veteran
I like it! I was sceptic in the beginning but it's good. 7 points.

7 points are how many Televotes from you at Eurovision? Be honest.

Lindon

Sorry for going off topic, but this is for @Ezio. Our friend, the farmer, spokesperson of the ESC 2007, completely unchained, displaying her beautiful slang in full on national TV this morning :lol:

Lindon

Why is this so underrated? I think it's easily the best dance-pop entry this year. Great composition and arrangement, superb vocal skills and i bet he can deliver live too, not to mention the dancing. It's obviously influenced by K-Pop which is very timely, and not really heard in the ESC otherwise. And nobody even seems to care that he's pretty much the first male asian artist in the contest? A real dark horse in so many ways!

Just for you, the origin of the K-Pop influence. This is Vincent Bueno's assistant, sound engineer and one of the Co-producers of "Alive".

Ezio

Veteran
Bist du deppat, wos redt die Oide schiach daher. Du speubm si de Oahwaschln o

Sammy

Veteran
Browsing through the polls, Vincent is even worse than PAENDA was last year... I'm not very confident we'll see him in the final.

Fluke

Not so surprising! If this does decently well, maybe we'll see a wave of similar K-Pop influenced entries next year.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
K-POP??? where on earth are you getting K-Pop from? Each time I hear the song I get "oh, subpar Michael Jackson clone. BYE."

Oh it's because he's asian isn't he. Got it.

Lindon

K-POP??? where on earth are you getting K-Pop from? Each time I hear the song I get "oh, subpar Michael Jackson clone. BYE."

Just like the German one?

btw you're right. it's not the song that matters, but what you do with it. :)

Last edited:

Lindon

Today I put Vincent unintended in an awkward situation.

Man, I'm sorry. As I know from own experience, not everything is immediately translatable, especially when there are huge cultural differences.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran

You are correct in calling this out, that comment didn't sit well with me either because of the racial aspect. You hear MJ, I hear Bruno Mars. Whatever it is, it isn't K-POP one would think of. It's just funky American pop.

Ezio

Veteran
Calling Alive K-POP is truly racist, sorry

Ezio

Veteran
Browsing through the polls, Vincent is even worse than PAENDA was last year... I'm not very confident we'll see him in the final.

Paenda had a stand-out song that was unfortunately hated by many insensible fans, but Limits was ART. I dare say it is probably my favourite Austrian song of all times (battling it out with Zoe). Unfortunately her live performance was a car crash although Marvin Dietmann did a great job as stage designer.

But, Alive is not a stand-out song. It is a safe mediocre, slightly annoying background music that would be played all day on Ö3. And we all know how Austria does with safe songs. Ask the Makemakes (who were stellar imho), Nataliá Kelly, Nathan Trent, Eric Papilaya, Manuel Ortega. Nice and safe sucks for Austria, because we have no one to tap for televotes. We are not Russia who can perform a bland song of peace and get a Top 10 result with it. We have to bring it like ievery fricking year, otherwise Belgian waffles and Swiss cheese will have a good laugh watching us suck.

Austria has to take a risk in order to do well at Eurovision, that is why Paenda makes me proud. I'd rather have Hyäne Fischer at ESC than Vincent Bueno.

Nemo89

Let's get real. A positive reaction does not translate into votes. Noosh's reaction was the most positive I have seen on youtube, and yet she had far more positive and even ecstatic reactions for other songs. She is thrilled about Russia. Who is thrilled by Austria? Who's gonna vote for this inoffensive, derivative song?

Here is the answer:

SDKQU9J.png

People agree this song is not worth 0 points, but 12 points neither. So, this means last place at Eurovision.
You underestimate the power of Austria. Every country that wants to get your help will vote for you. Is it little in your opinion? However, for the moment in the new round of the "Ranking Game" you are penultimate with 18 points.

Now, I don't care about your vote. You vote for whoever you want. But I think you and many others are underestimating Vincent Bueno's song. For me, his song has much more energy and catchiness than many others.

Ezio

Veteran
Every country that wants to get your help will vote for you.

I don't seem to get you. Could you look at me one more time before you walk away and explain that sentence to me, please?

You yourself gave 7 points to Austria and #14 in your personal ranking. That means 0 points from Italy's biggest fan for Alive ;-)

MalagaToledo

Banned
Apart from Conchita and even Cesar, I don't remember I put on replay any Austrian song except these 2 songs. Ontopic I hope he brings back Nathan trent as his backing vocalist.

Top Bottom