4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

Iker

Veteran
Very cool r'n'b - inspired song with well produced bass guitar sounds, I was actually enchanted from the first lines sung by Vincent. I don't remember many songs like this at the ESC.

ESC94

Well, I´m not disappointed since I didn´t expect all that much. The song sounds like a song Bruno Mars would normally sing, and since I´m not a fan of him either it´s difficult for "Alive" to convince me.

It´s not terrible, but also pretty forgettable. The fact that I find Vincent unlikable doesn´t help either.

In the end I give :5:, it´s ok but nothing more for me. xshrug

cassio

Hmmm coming from the entry of the Netherlands, this sounds a bit shallow ......... god upbeat tempo and modern pice of R'nB Austria 5 points

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-This song has got something for everyone. It's got slow parts, it's got a groove, and it's got good vocals.
-Overall, I'm impressed with this song.

THE BAD:
-The sudden pause in the middle is a smidge too long.

THE VERDICT:
If it wasn't for that dang sudden pause, this song might have been my winner. As it is, though, this is still a great entry by Vincent and Austria. I like its chances in the Final because it's for sure going to be in the Final, that is not a question. It might be the sneak-by winner if everything works out with the staging and the choreography (because you know there's going to be some, because this song kind of calls for it, don't you think?). That pause, though. 10 points

gingerale

I think it's a pretty good song. Good vocals, great built up. Nothing outstanding but could have been promising. Hope Austria didn't eliminate the wrong song.

(Thea Devy - Sudnji Dan) And they did. But Alive is a typical Austrian choice. If there would have been an NF this year, Alive would have been the winner.

Uto

Veteran
Song is very average, but the style is a major upside. Just a chill funky sound should make it stand out enough to qualify in a rather weak semis. Final position shouldn't be much to write home about though. Song is just too weak. We've all heard stuff like this before and we've heard it done better.

Fluke

It's a mixed bag for me, good production and vocals, in a style of music we've barely heard attempted in the ESC at all, but as a song it's both repetitive and weirdly disjointed. Gonna be really curious to see this live though, wonder if they're going for a Eric Saade-like dance number or something else entirely.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Uhm.. not what I was expecting at all. Austria exceeding my expectations? I'm shooketh. This is pretty fun and I can see where both the kpop and Timberlake comparisons come from. Groovy cute little song.

:7: points

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Wow. Austria. you really must love being the lowest common denominator in everything.

here's a lowest commonly denominated score ( :5:) to go along with it.

DaFlo

Banned
Very mid for what it's trying to be, ultimately falls flat on it's face. Production is lacking to me as well, basic and empty. I guess an okayish effort, but I don't care about it.

5 pts

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
No thanks, I don't want any more of this. At least it's not Paenda but these retro-y vibes or whatever are so far from my taste. Idk how they managed to make such a song feel so boring but they have, I can imagine this having their fans but I came in with gutter level expectations and if I'm to be kind I'd say they exceeded them, but only just slightly. This is just so not for me at all. 1 point

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
This sounds like Kpop @anaraqueen would flop to the joys of my special 8 points with at our forums WorldVision contest (I'm pretty certain I used this exact sentence to describe something else recently). I agree with Lavieenrose that if this was performed by a woman/nine women it would probably please my homosexual self more, but Vincent really isn't bad at all on it. My expectations for this entry were incredibly low but Alive is actually enjoyable. It's super groovy and a lot of fun. So much closer to my taste than Germany. Love the piano intro and outro here. Works perfectly with the vibe.

I'll give it 7 points for now but this can grow to more.
did you just call it 17th in the semi though!!!1

JollityFarm

Sounds like Justin Timberlake to me. Which is fine, not setting my world on fire or anything, but I can appreciate an up tempo song with dance moves well enough. Of course, some of the cool teenagers might say "whoever cares about Justin Timberlake in 2020?", but the Czech entry from 2018 also sounded like Justin Timberlake to me and that got the country's best result, so who knows?

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Does it sound like Timberlake? "Alive" doesn't really sound like anything in particular, rly.

It's as if someone took out a checklist of every trait a modern pop song could possess, and then went down the list while penning it, ticking off the list, without giving it a heart, soul or identity.

It's generic as fuck.

hijirio

Veteran
If I could stop the career of one singer on earth with a single button, i'd push the hell out of it for Bruno Mars, and what's even worse is a singer who is a Bruno Mars wannabe.
1 point
This song is so bad so retro so uninspiring that I feel offended by it.
However I think it's a contender for winning the jury vote. Damn.

Realest

Alright, now Im ready for 12 Points.
Im already thinking about giving 20 Neighbourvotes to Suisse and Austria in the Grand Final.

Ezio

Veteran
I have seen some youtubers react very positively. Maybe they are just pretentious biotches, but maybe they aren't.

Top Bottom