4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

randajad

Veteran
It’s okay, better than expected. Funky, interesting, even a bit like something Justin Timberlake would do. I gave it 7 for now.

MalagaToledo

Banned
As far as top 10 favourites from semi 2 to qualify are in random order:
:gr:
:is:
:rs:
:al:
:ch:
:dk:
:fi:
:ge:
:am:
And
:pt:

Ezio

Veteran
it is too repetitive for me and lacks progression. Apparent show opener, and obviously qualifying. If I got punished and sent to a lonely island with the songs of Gjons Tears and Vincent Bueno, I’d pick Alive. But overall I prefer listening to Austria and Switzerland of 2019.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This sounds like Kpop @anaraqueen would flop to the joys of my special 8 points with at our forums WorldVision contest (I'm pretty certain I used this exact sentence to describe something else recently). I agree with Lavieenrose that if this was performed by a woman/nine women it would probably please my homosexual self more, but Vincent really isn't bad at all on it. My expectations for this entry were incredibly low but Alive is actually enjoyable. It's super groovy and a lot of fun. So much closer to my taste than Germany. Love the piano intro and outro here. Works perfectly with the vibe.

I'll give it 7 points for now but this can grow to more.

ayzelto

I have seen comparisions between this and Luca... well Luca’s song is different. This has something, the beating is catchy, but it sounds like it will be a disaster live. Let’s see. I’ll give it 6 points for now in a very strong year.

opinionsigotem

I had low expectations for this and they were... met. The whole thing sounds like it's still a demo, which is odd since we knew it was the entry three months ago. Cheap and repetitive. If it was in any of the national finals this year it wouldn't have even come close to winning (maybe Poland because lol at THAT display). It amazes me that people think this is nailed on for qualification, to me another televoting bottom 3 is more likely.

heke1988

And

Sorry, but it is funny on your list, Denmark, Finland and Portugal in there, when they haven't yet announced their selections.

As Austria selection: Too repetitive and I get Sweden 2018 vibes on this, which I don't like. Just 3 points.

Ezio

Veteran
And

putting Armenia and Serbia there, disqualifies you from commenting further in this thread. you make us feel aloof again.

ZoboCamel

This sounds like Kpop @anaraqueen would flop to the joys of my special 8 points with at our forums WorldVision contest (I'm pretty certain I used this exact sentence to describe something else recently). I agree with Lavieenrose that if this was performed by a woman/nine women it would probably please my homosexual self more, but Vincent really isn't bad at all on it. My expectations for this entry were incredibly low but Alive is actually enjoyable. It's super groovy and a lot of fun. So much closer to my taste than Germany. Love the piano intro and outro here. Works perfectly with the vibe.

I'll give it 7 points for now but this can grow to more.

My first thought was also "hey, this sounds like K-pop for some reason?". And just like the bulk of mainstream K-pop out there, my reaction is "yeah, it's not the best thing ever but it's fun and I'm happy it exists".

A high :6: points for now, which has the potential to grow and is a bit higher than I was expecting from Austria this year. And whether it grows on me or not, it's always nice to get different sounds sent to the contest~

EscGeek

Veteran
I got hyped for no reason. It's not as good as Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake or Nadav Guedj, but it's still good. I'm just missing something. It falls flat.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The first 20 seconds got me hooked and let me hope for something else... turns out it wasn't the case, but this is still better than what I expected. I'm not a fan of the chorus, it's a little too repetitive for my taste, plus the whole package makes me think of some typical radio hits I don't particularly like, but I kinda appreciate this one. Makes me want to dance along. For now it will be a :5:

I didn't think of Kpop at first listen, but now that you said it, yeah I can totally see the similarity.

MalagaToledo

Banned
putting Armenia and Serbia there, disqualifies you from commenting further in this thread. you make us feel aloof again.
Well, tbh I haven't heard Armenia yet, but they have huge diaspora. I'm sure they will easily qualify. Serbia, I hate that song, but it will qualify I'm sure. Serbian diaspora, uptempo song, 2nd half. It will be borderline Q, but it will be enough.

Fierro

First part of the song I was like: "This is kinda good but nothing outstanding", but then It grew on me.
I don't know if I'll listen to this but I love the groove of it. Very enjoyable compared to most of the songs this year.

References:

MooseShoes

I'm a sucker for anything funky, so this is getting :8: for the moment. It's definitely one in the mould of :se: 2018, where I love it but I know there are better songs.

Having said that, am I the only one who has no idea what the lyrics are at the beginning? I've listened to the first line about ten times and all I'm getting is...

"(piano) SHARK-FULL BOWLS"

That can't be right, surely.

Top Bottom