4 3.4%

11 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Austria-scaled.jpg

Lindon

@Sammy and @marty
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think the 3 day pause in March is on purpose, because the deadline for presenting the songs is on March 9th.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I hope she will have a role in 2020 at least like a spokesperson.

Last edited:

Lindon

While waiting, some footage of the Life Ball 2008. Sorry, not the best picture quality, Vincent in action:

Lindon

An interview with the newspaper "Kronen Zeitung"

Let me tell you something in advance.
The interview was conducted by Vera Russwurm. She is something like the Oprah Winfrey of Austria and people tell her things that they would not normally say in public. But Vincent is always brutally honest, which has sometimes harmed him in the past.

Q
The ESC has been within your grasp a few times - this time it worked!

Vincent:
Yes, it was really my last attempt. Again and again the ORF invited me to submit a song, and again and again I was shortlisted, but then - again and again I got a "unfortunately no". However, I was actually there once: in 2017 as background singer for Nathan Trent.

Q
If you like to be in front yourself and once have been a brilliant winner yourself - like you did in 2008 with "Musical! Die Show" - do you joyfully accept the opportunity to go to the ESC as a background singer?

Vincent:
(Laughs) No, it wasn't a joyful decision. Nathan Trent is a friend of mine and he meant it for good, but I thought about it for a long time because I felt a little bit tweaked. At the time, I thought to myself: "Okay, ORF seems not to be interested anymore". But as an artist you always have to face your self-doubts. Besides, it's not a bad gig, I made good money.

Q
The appearance itself then? Happiness on the giant stage or rather the pain of having to stand behind?

Vincent:
Rather the latter. I was invisible. But in the end it was good: If I hadn't done it, the ORF might never have asked me again.

Q
For this year you have sent in a song again ..

Vincent:
Yeah, it was nerve racking. I was in the studio when Eberhard Forcher called - I told him, I just can't talk - then he was no longer available for me - finally I get a text message from someone: "We are pleased that you are among the top three "- I think to myself" Shit, why can't they tell me that it's not me again? " Finally the redeeming call: "There is good news and bad news: The bad: There is a lot of work! The good: You are the man".

Q
You have to qualify first. Second semi finale - Satisfied?

Vincent:
Well, it means two days more full tension, but never mind: I will give everything.

Q
Your parents, both from the Philippines, met in Austria, where you were born ...

Vincent:
... and yet I'm never really an Austrian here. But in the Philippines, where I lived for a while a few years ago, I was also a stranger.

Q
But you look like a Filipino and speak fluent Tagalog ....

Vincent:
... yes, but my behavior is very different. There are huge cultural differences. There you tend to make yourself small and be polite - here you tend to make yourself big. Here everyone is on time - there is nobody on time, but chilled, nobody is angry if you are half an hour or more late. There are grumpy Viennese here, everyone is friendly there ... and yet: My homeland is clearly Austria!

Last edited:

Lindon

Lindon

sorry, only for German speaking folks, nothing ESC related. promo interview for the show tonight.

Lindon

The vocal and dance auditions for "Alive" will take place next Saturday at "The Unity Dance" in Vienna.
Marvin Dietmann will again design the stage concept for Austria.
Fun fact: in 2007 at "Musical! Die Show" Marvin Dietmann was very shortly together with Vincent Bueno on stage at the end of the performance "One" " A Chorus Line". Dietmann was one of the professional dancers.

Last edited:

Lindon

In the meantime....

MANILA, Philippines — Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the Manila City government inaugurated the Musical Dancing Fountain at the Bonifacio Shrine on Wednesday evening.

The fountain dances to the tune of “Piliin Mo ang Pilipinas,” a song written by ABS-CBN Creative Communication Management head Robert Labayen to uplift the country’s tourism status. It was performed by Angeline Quinto and Vincent Bueno.

https://www.philstar.com/other-sect...watch-manila-unveils-musical-dancing-fountain

Last edited:

Lindon

Yesterday evening at the Metropol Theater in Vienna:

Lindon

A few days ago I already posted a short clip of this event, here now an extended report:

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I hope Austria serves quality and nothing boring. Because this ESC is so shitty already that we have to bring it. But Alive could also be the cherry on top of a pile of .....

marty

I hope Austria serves quality and nothing boring. Because this ESC is so shitty already that we have to bring it. But Alive could also be the cherry on top of a pile of .....
So far we got a lot of trash and boring ballads. About Vincents song we can be quite assured, that it will be a modern uptempo song. I for myself expect a song that is at least nice and will be seen as a potential qualifier, probably ending up like Zoe and Nathan.

Lindon

We had "quality" last year. I'm already satisfied if it is something close to the following, so we can at least party.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't approve of this homophobic and transphobic performance. By sex appeal he obviously refers to Heterosex appeal. Look at all these straight looking dancers, I am utterly appalled!

Top Bottom