11 6.9%

22 13.8%

15 9.4%

5 3.1%

20 12.6%

• Total voters

Ezio

Veteran
Who else cringed when Philipp Hansa presented the votes? I am ready to launch a petition for Kati Bellowitsch 2020.

tenor.gif

Lindon

Let me say something very unpopular.
I have an increasing problem with Andi Knoll since 2015. This year he has talked over a lot into the beginnings of the music numbers.

Ezio

Veteran
And he was preoccupied about many entries and very open about his personal likes and dislikes.

Iker

Veteran
Austrian delegation bet on juries and they bombed. I hope they got the message: send an accessible song.

My bet was also that Austria goes into the Final thanks to juries but also I thought that the song is accessible to at least some people who can relate to the message. But in the end, most people don't understand English or listen to the lyrics. So, the song was lost in translation.

That there were jurors who seriously put this song dead last is really harsh and incomprehensible.

But in the end it was a huge blunder on behalf of the Austrian delegation and a self-inflicted wound.

Paenda tried to sell her album, not her song.

Sara de blue also would have had blue hair and a great voice.

Her live vocals were weak with some actually dreadful moments. Not sure how it was at the juries performance but I suspect it could have been very similar. The song itself I consider bland & annoyinh.

skl

Who else cringed when Philipp Hansa presented the votes? I am ready to launch a petition for Kati Bellowitsch 2020.

I was surprisingly ok with him. Please no Kati Bellowitsch. Her English pronunciation is not acceptable.

Ezio

Veteran
Austria lost three jury points because a Russian juror (Igor Gulyaev, 50) also submitted his votes in reverse order. In his votes he submitted Austria as 13th, but it was meant to be 5th. Overall that would have granted us 3 jury points from Russia. Ireland would have gained nothing, thus Austria is the legit second to last (until the next blunder comes up).

Denmark would have lost 3 jury points which would have made Lithuania the 10th qualifier. However, the blunder of Linda Hedlund is enough for Denmark (for now) to reverse the effect.

Realest

Next Year Milanov please.

sigi

This video has been re-uploaded due to an audio-encoding problem. The previous video reached 186.000 views.

Lindon

PÆNDA on Instagram "Like A Domino" not "Domina" ;)

Realest

D9l-wv3XsAA2GOz.jpg

Average 16,25. The few Votes from :de::ch: were probably mostly Diaspora-Votes.
To compare: :mt: 2017 had 15,65 (with 0 Points as well) for those who already forgot.

Ezio

Veteran
I am not listening to this year's ESC songs, but today I indulged myself in Limits. I am still so much in love with it. If I had to choose between the best Austrian entry, it's hard to choose between Loin d'ici and Limits.

Ezio

Veteran
The 2nd rehearsal clip gives me winning vibes, the jury semifinal and live semifinal were utter car crashes. That's what I call a self-inflicted wound.

The stellar staging does not help cover up all these bum notes. That was a vocal disaster.

marty

Paenda will be performing at the Starnacht am Woerthersee. I am curious which song she will perform in front of an audience that came to see DJ Oetzi and Andreas Gabalier. :mrgreen:

Loindici

Veteran
I am not listening to this year's ESC songs, but today I indulged myself in Limits. I am still so much in love with it. If I had to choose between the best Austrian entry, it's hard to choose between Loin d'ici and Limits.

Oh my i'm blushing

Lindon

Paenda will be performing at the Starnacht am Woerthersee. I am curious which song she will perform in front of an audience that came to see DJ Oetzi and Andreas Gabalier. :mrgreen:

Smart. The ORF forces me to watch the show again this year. But I'm only interested in the performance of Pænda.

Lindon

I have just realized that Lena Meyer-Landrut also performs there tomorrow.

Ezio

Veteran
lol imagine Cesar would have won last year in Lisbon. We would have finished dead last with nil point as a host again. Dear Lord, hail Cesar for not having won... :eek:

Lindon

Ezio

Veteran
The juries, who supported mainstream radio-pop this year and nothing out of the box, might have given more votes to "Like a domino". I doubt though that this song would have had enough impact for televotes. An impeccably sung "Limits" looks like the stronger sell.

Lindon

Top Bottom