13 5.6%

13 5.6%

8 3.4%

7 3.0%

7 3.0%

10 4.3%

• Total voters

zs1001

Surprise but deserved qualifier. Background was too dark for this type of song. Good luck, Zoe!

tuorem

She was very sweet and looked so normal compared to most over the top performances.

I think people simply liked this sweetness in her performance. I have never liked this song too much, but she definitely deserved to go through easily.

Exactly what I think. There were so many serious OMG-look-at-me-I'm-fab acts last night that she definitely stood out, she was oozing genuineness and I guess it spoke to people.

It may not be the best song on offer, but she was one of the highlights of the night for me. She was happy to be there and emotional, that is the complete opposite of cold over-polished performances like Estonia, Russia or Iceland for instance.

Chorizo

I'm happy Austria qualified. Before the show, I didn't think Zoe could make it. After her performance, I thought she might be a borderline qualifier. I think her sweet staging looked quite nice in contrast to Cyprus.

It's great to see Austria in the grand final again. :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Tbh I'm massively surprised how well she's doing on itunes :eek:

Same, I was shocked she even made it, let alone be the 4th best charting ESC song this year. Obviously the public were all over this entry, I suppose it looked great in contrast to Cyprus and some of the more overblown entries form earlier.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I am thrilled with Austria's qualification. 10 of my 20 votes went to Zoe. She was so sweet and one of my favorites this year. At Euro Club, she was almost in tears with the love and support she was receiving from the fans. I hope for a finish on the left side of the scoreboard but I'm just thrilled that she made it. Go Oesterreich, you finally figured out Eurovision, keep it up!

Scooby

So happy she made it. One of the best performances last night. Good luck Austria in Saturday

JimmyJump

Why did this boring annoying crap made it to the finals ? Greece and Bosnia Herzegovina were much better !

cassio

Never thoughxgaah I wood hope for a top 10 placement for a songxgaah in a language I don't understand. xgaahAnd I caught myself looking at her boops!!xgaahwhats wrong with me ............HELP xgaah

Kairit

She proved to me yesterday why I used to ADORE this in the first place. I knew this had so much potential and I'm not surprised people liked it a lot. It's still so kitsch in a way, but it was very charming without the offputting factor. She was glowing and adorable and amazing and gorgeous. Just so genuine. And her vocals were FLAWLESS and effortless. I feel so bad that I ever doubted this after how much I supported it. Obviously people can feel the positive dreamy energy of this song and performance, so they respond. :) It's simple yet so effective.

Milos-BC

I was the happiest when she made it, along with :hr: :D Such a sweet and cute song, I adore it from the very start but I thought it will not break through this incredibly difficult semi. Luckily, she nailed it on stage and charmed everyone :D I will certainly vote for it in the final.

This is actually the best :at: entry ever imo.

Edward

So happy to see that the true spirit of Eurovision lives through performances like this one. I had already lost all hope in recent years.

I also feared it would flop so when I realized she qualified that was a moment of pure joy.

The staging might be too "playing the innocence" card but the song is actually catchy as hell. I fell asleep with it playing through my head and woke up with it still raising my mood there.

Unfortunately I am not sure of her chances in the final, hardly a winner I suppose but it was worth it already. Both to replace Austria's image in the contest after the null-points of The Makemakes last year and also for bringing happiness and hope for the future of this contest to the hearts of those who are still fans of Eurovision for what it started out to be.

Uplifting-most & top #1 dreamy song of the year.

Also proof that simple is still better.

JamieBrown

It's insteresting to see :lv::rs::no: and :dk: suffer from what I call the hosts curse(Failing in year one after the contest at home) and :at:, which is one of the losing countries, especially in the younger history, joins the club of big nations like Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, Greece and Azerbaijan. Well done Zoe xup

Sammy

Veteran
It's insteresting to see :lv::rs::no: and :dk: suffer from what I call the hosts curse(Failing in year one after the contest at home) and :at:, which is one of the losing countries, especially in the younger history, joins the club of big nations like Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, Greece and Azerbaijan. Well done Zoe xup

Well we had a unique hosts curse (nil points) last year already :lol:

aef

Haha I think I don't get your point... :lol: As you might still remember we did have that "curse" last year when we hosted! :lol: And now your really think we're a big ESC-nation just because we qualified? :lol:

EDIT: Well we're on 9th position now at the betting odds! :eek: haha

JamieBrown

Haha I think I don't get your point... :lol: As you might still remember we did have that "curse" last year when we hosted! :lol: And now your really think we're a big ESC-nation just because we qualified? :lol:

EDIT: Well we're on 9th position now at the betting odds! :eek: haha

Nah. It's not that Austria is now a big nation, just that usually the really big nation avoid that awful NQ.
And yes, failing to qualify after getting an undeserved 0, while sending the two best entries in your entire histroy, might be harsh, but regarding that "curse" it doesn't really matter. Iirc Latvia came near nil points in 2003 and it didn't help one year later ;)

About the odds: It seems like every semi 1 country improvens the odds right now :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
PREACH xbow

This is actually better than Conchita.

Hardly an accomplishment, but it's not Austria's best entry to date though, their best entries were from other ESC eras imo...

Although it might be their best entry since the 90's though I think... which in itself is an accomplishment...

Top Bottom